| Free-Add Article
This is a free-add article, which means that anyone here can contribute to it. Anybody who wishes to add their own fanon for 2017 may do so, but please do not remove fanon by other authors, unless you have a good reason to do so (e.g., error fixing, removing vandalism, etc.).
2017 (also known as Two Thousand and Seventeen) is the seventeenth year after the beginning of the third millennium AD.
If one were to try looking at 2017 as accurately as possible, they'd have to look at it in three major facets: controversies, entertainment, and politics.
Many have stepped into office during the early months of the year, notably President Megg of the USA, President Catherine Howebrucke of Polaris, and Prime Minister Black Duck of Duck Island. With the entering of these officials also comes the exit of Hat Pop, notable for her work at the Club Penguin Weekee and the resignation of EPF Weaponry Division Commander Nickolas Tang.
In the United Provinces, an early call for elections was made by Prime Minister Lena Sanders in June, but resulted in a great loss of seats and political instability. Conflict of interests between the Conservatives and Liberals lead to the call for another election. While this went on, however, a bill for the amendment of the United Provinces's Constitution was passed to divide Parliament into two houses: the Senate and the Diet. This ended with the Liberals being the largest party in both houses but short of overall majority.
The United Provinces isn't the only one that encountered issues within its government. Margate had a crisis in the form of Margate's apprehension towards Acadia. Accusing the Western Union for supporting said country's "war-mongering actions", it had threatened to withdraw. This would end faster than the constitutional crisis, as Acadia was quick to temper down its provocation.
Malesia faced a sharp decline due to the accumulation of debts. It collected debts from trading with foreign countries, with the percentages of it with Shops Island. When it broke the debt ceiling, it had no choice but to declare bankruptcy. To answer this declaration, Shops and Malesia had an agreement that allowed Shops to forgive all of the debts of Malesia, pay off the rest of its foreign debts, and give a further 5 billion WB$ grant. In exchange, however, Malesia had to recognize itself as a territory of Shops, have its forces and equipment integrated into the Shopper Armed Forces, and phase out the LOL Ringgit and fully adopt the WB$ by April 2018.
In February, The Ed Island Air Force sent a small fleet of bombers to major Glowus cities demanding Frankterre to hold an independence referendum for the future of Glaw, threatening an invasion otherwise. Seeing as Glaw was annexed by Frankterre, and a majority of the residents of the said land were from Ed Island, it was clear that actions had to be made. A vote was made for the fate of the state, and closed with a 59.4% vote in favor of Glaw independence. With respect to the vote that occurred, the Ed Island government did not annex Glaw. Instead, it allowed it to be reformed to the Independent State of Glaw, known to be a thinly-veiled client state of Ed Island.
Despite this, there were bright moments within the field of politics. 2017 is the year when The M Triumvirate, the United Antarctica Pact of Justice, and the Delphi Pact were formed. The Finipines and Munijoch came to an agreement to have a new capital city built with the use of experimental PULSE anti-gravitational levitation systems. Megg announces "Executive Order 3000", or also called the "Big Penguin Act", protecting the rights for High Penguins. Multiple diplomatic visits were made by United Provinces President Simon McClark to neighboring countries. The Western Union also became ever more integrated and closer together economically, politically and militarily, ushering in a new period of peace and prosperity for the continent. The United Provinces had also experienced, despite its political crisis, unprecedented economic growth. Unemployment fell to a record low of 1.6% and hundreds of thousands of new jobs were created.
In terms of controversies, however, the year starts when villains banded together to plot the destruction of Antarctica by creating turmoil in the continent. This would be how Operation Improbable began when heroes and agents alike responded to stop these attacks.
- 14: The Adventures of the CP Crew first airs on television.
- 18: Flurry Lyne releases his third single from his debut album, Lyneguistics, entitled All Year.
- 19: First season on Mwa Mwa Talk finishes.
- 20: Season 2 of Mwa Mwa Talk begins.
- 20: Megg begins her first term as president of the USA.
- 20: Catherine Howebrucke begins her term as President of the Executive Council of Polaris.
- 29: Operation Improbable begins.
- 6: The Penguin Band releases their third album single from Legacy, which so happens to be the titular single.
- 10: EIAF bombers dropped flyers of major Glowus cities to demand Frankterre to hold an independence referendum for Glaw.
- 12: Cadence releases her fifth album, Prima Donna.
- 26: The 2017 McDonalds 500 starts.
- 4: DJ Crow releases his fifth album, In Search of Lost Time.
- 17-19: The South Antarctic Treaty Organization holds its annual summit at Shops City, Shops Island.
- 22: A group of Mwa Mwa Penguins attacked the Elite Penguin Palace. Fortunately, they were counterattacked by present EPF agents.
- 26: A strange visitor comes to Club Penguin Island, promising incredible things.
- 3: Shops Island and Malesia signed an agreement that made Malesia a sovereign, mostly-autonomous territory of Shops Island.
- 14: Black Duck became the Prime Minister of Duck Island following the resignation of his brother.
- 19: USA President Megg meets up with United Provinces President Simon McClark in Shiverpool, where they later hold a press conference.
- 28: The 2017 Western Union Congress occurred at Delphi, Acadia, the capital of the Western Union.
- 30: USA Vice President Happyface141 addressed the South Pole Council to denounce the actions of Acadia.
- 4: Wikipenguino X resurfaces in search of a dangerous document.
- 7: Margate threatens to withdraw from the Western Union in the Marxit Crisis.
- 12: Megg announces "Executive Order 3000", or also called the "Big Penguin Act", protecting the rights for High Penguins.
- 15: Flurry Lyne releases his fourth single from his debut album, Lyneguistics, entitled Domination.
- 18: Snow Wars Episode VII is released theatrically.
- 19: The SnowBob CirclePants Movie is released theatrically.
- 24: From their fourth studio album Legacy, the Penguin Band released their fifth album single entitled Too Young.
Gee, guess history was a bit slow at this part of the year huh?
- 1: Casterpenguin granted rights to their own branch, Studios Casterpenguin, to publish their own journal, The Cinematic Daily.
- 1: The United Provinces parliamentary election, July 2017 occurred.
- 3: Meaghan releases her fourth album, Summercuts.
- 4: Fittingly, the Square Islands completes the Ursa unit of the Constellation System, the USA's new and upcoming superrobot. The USA, however, will not receive it until the Infinity Constellation is complete.
- 4-8: The 2017 Lagois City Western Union Summit takes place.
- 5: The final episode of Hetaguria World Series: Season 5 is aired.
- 6: Negative Wikipenguino seizes control of S.H.A.R.K.
- 8: Flurry Lyne releases his fourth single from his debut album, Lyneguistics, entitled Rex Goodwin.
- 15: Hotel Moon Zeehondeiland is opened at the Moon.
- 4: Antarctican musician Franky debuts with his single, Come On.
- 9: The Fair Parliament Act is passed in the United Provinces parliament that amends the Constitution of the United Provinces to make the parliament a bicameral body of the Senate and the Diet.
- 10: The Penguin Band released their sixth album single from Legacy entitled Up Up & Away.
- 24: S.H.A.R.K. secretly initiates Project Shadow and threatens chaos upon the whole continent.
- 31: Hat Pop retired from her position at the Club Penguin Weekee.
- 31: A series of hackings occur in Club Penguin.
Gee, guess history was a bit slow at this part of the year huh?
- 5-6: United Provinces President Simon McClark met with Acadian President Brant Esser at Delphi, Acadia. He also delivered a speech outlining his Western Union agendas.
- 8: United Provinces legislative elections, October 2017 occurred.
- 16: Information from the hackings are leaked into the Internet and the criminal underground.
- 27: Antarctican musician Franky's debut album, Franky's Jams, is released.
- 31: Halloween
- 16: Flystar55555 gets married to an unknown woman.
- 20: The Delphi Pact is signed by Acadia, Furshire, Hailvale, Okan, and Southern Ocean City.
- 1: EPF Commander Nicktang10 submits his resignation letter and steps down as Commander-in-Chief of the Weaponry Development Division.
- 2: Lucy Verghanta releases her second album, entitled Evol.
- 8: The hunt for the hacker ends as the UAN begins oral reports concerning Icarus Petturi, a.k.a. "Theta".
- 8: Meaghan releases her fifth album, Wintercuts.
- 25: Christmas
- July: PULSE unveils an anti-gravitational levitation system and inquires with the Finipines in using a section of their area as a testing site for this system.
- Unspecified month: Ethan Dubbs releases his fifth album, Icon.
- Unspecified month: The United Antarctica Pact of Justice is formed.
- Unspecified month: The M Triumvirate is formed.
- Unspecified month: The Ed was contracted by the Antilles EPF branch to combat LoVE.
- Unspecified month: Delaine releases her fourth album entitled Consistent.
- Unspecified month: Teletron is reawakened and protects his fragile soul from evil once more.
- June 1: Edudffupniugnep