| Austiceia is an average quality article, but could be even better!
Take this article to the next level, and perhaps even further, by editing it, adding pictures, creating more sections, and adding links to make it a High Quality Article, or possibly an Ultra Quality Article!
|Puffish Commonwealth of Austiceia
|Motto: "Advance Austiceia Fair"|
|Anthem: "Proud Land Down Under"
Royal anthem: "Swiss Ninja Save the King"
|Government||Constitutional monarchy, Federal parliamentary democracy|
|-||Prime Minister||Timothy Arnott|
|Legislature||Austiceian Parliament||-||Upper House||Senate</tr>|
|-||Lower House||House of Representatives|
|Commonwealth||Colony of Puffle'and|
|Currency||Austiceian Dollar (
|DST observed by some states|
|Drives on the||Left|
|Footnotes||Austiceia is a parody of Australia.|
The Puffish Commonwealth of Austiceia, usually referred to as simply Austiceia, is a Puffish colony located west of Hindonesië and the Asiapelago. It is a large and powerful country, and despite being a Puffish colony, Austiceia also has its own military forces as well, and the colony still relies an Puffle'and to an extent since it is a colony. Austiceia is known for its diverse climate and geography, with forests in the east and large, hot deserts in the center and west, and also its unique culture.
Austiceia was inhabited by indigenous Austiceians, sometimes referred to as the Aborigines, for thousands of years before the initial Puffish settlement in 1788. The colony was originally used as a penal colony by Puffle'and, who sent its criminals there, but other free colonies were established later by settlers from Puffle'and. The separate colonies united in 1901 to form the Federation of Austiceia, and was granted more autonomy in the subsequent years, especially after the Khanzem War, in which thousands of Austiceian soldiers fought in.
Aboriginal Penguins and Colonization
Penguins have lived in Austiceia for a very long time. Records exist of Aboriginal Penguins residing in Austiceia, which date back up to 50,000 years ago. These penguins are commonly believed to have come from the northern regions, like Asiapelago. These penguins are also believed to have spread out from the north of the continent, traveling from present day Asiapelago to the Northern Austiceian Territories, before eventually reaching down to Tanksmerna. This spread is believed to have taken several thousand years. These Aboriginal Penguins have living in Austiceia for the thousands of years until colinization. In that time, they have developed many diverse societies spread around the continent. All of these separate societies had different languages, beliefs and ways of life.
During the 16th and 17th centuries many large empires, like Puffle'and, Castilla and Francterre, began to explore the wide and undiscovered seas. The first non-Aboriginal discoverer of Austiceia is often debated, although it is generally agreed that the Batavians did. These Batavians 'accidentally' discovered Austiceia, after being blown off-course from their original journey to the nearby Batavian colony, Hindonesie. The Batavians who discovered Austiceia named it New Batavia. Despite naming it, they did not establish any colonies.
Many Ninja Archipelagoan explorers and sailors continued to map the coast of New Batavia. The most famous of all was named Jamison Cooker, a Puffish explorer who mapped the eastern coast of Austiceia in 1770. By the time he finished mapping it, Cooker claimed the eastern coast of Austiceia, which he named New East Orcas, for Puffle'and. A few years later, in 1788, the first colony, a penal colony for convicts from Puffle'and was established, in what is now called Sydden, in state of New East Orcas. This day is celebrated as Austiceia's national day, also known as Austiceia Day.
During the 1700's, jails in Puffle'and were getting increasingly overcrowded due to the large numbers of criminals. Normally, they were sent to Ban Island, but due to the large number of penguins that had to be transported and the massive costs to hire ships and sailors to transport them, the Puffish government realized they needed to send criminals to a new land. A few years before, Jamison Cooker had found a new, uninhabited country and claimed for Puffle'and which sailors called New Batavia, but the Puffish hadn't seen a need to set up a colony on the new land yet.
The King took the opportunity to decrease the amount of criminals in Puffle'and and expand his empire, so in 1787, eleven ships loaded with penguins and cargo set off on a years' journey to what would be called Austiceia. Unfortunately, many penguins passed away on board due to sickness and a lack of medication. On 27th of January, the eleven ships landed on Sydden Cove and raised the Puffish flag to establish their new colony. Ardur Pielip, a Puffish naval officer was appointed the governor of New East Orca. He was in office until 1792, being succeeded by John Ranger.
In 1815, several more penguins and puffles came to Austiceia from Puffle'and, and by the 1820's more colonies, such as at Milborne, Bridgebane, and Purt, were established. Meanwhile, Sydden was increasing in population, and needed to expand, so they sent explorers into the interior. Most of it was desert, which was a challenge for the explorers as it meant to risks of drought and famine. They built settlements such as Darnwing, Adenmaid, and Alin Rings in the mid-to late-1800's.
Unfortunately, many of the early settlers ran into conflict with the local Aboriginal Penguins. There were several wars and conflicts between the two in what was known as the Austiceian Frontier Wars, resulting in the deaths of thousands on both sides, until the Puffish were able to sign a document of recognition in the 1950's, which brought peace between the Aboringinal and the Puffish settlers. Austiceia continued to expand well into the 20th century in population, and grew as a large power in the region, becoming one of Puffle'and's largest colonies, rivaling Calada.
In 1901, the multiple Puffish colonies that had existed on the island of Austiceia united to form the Federation of Austiceia, which established Austiceia as a semi autonomous dominion within the Puffish Empire. Austiceian troops fought alongside Puffish troops on many fronts during the Khanzem War, contributing hundreds of thousands of troops to the Good Guy cause. This is celebrated in Austiceia to this day as the colony's first major war, and since then Austiceia has emerged as a regional power, despite still being a colony of Puffle'and, albeit with a high degree of autonomy.
Austiceia is a colony of Puffle'and and is part of their commonwealth. Austiceia itself is ruled under a democratic federal parliament. Citizens elect politicians to represent them on a higher scale. The parliament is governed by a constitution. The parliament debates on bills and laws, and when they manage to get through both the lower and upper house, named the House of Commons and the Senate respectively, the proposed law is sent off to the King of Puffle'and. After the King signs off the proposed law, it then becomes a fully instated law. However, most of the time, the King cannot sign the law, so it is then sent to the Governor-General instead, who represents the King in Austiceia's government.
- United States of Antarctica - Excellent. Austiceiea and the USA are both trading partners and allies in war. The two have excellent relations and support each other when in need.
- Zhou - Great. Despite Zhou's aggression to other nations, Austiceia and Zhou are strong trading partners. Austiceia exports a lot of of its coal and iron to it and in turn imports various produce.
Austiceia has developed it's own rich and unique culture based on Puffish culture, but influenced by the indigenous peoples, hundreds of years of separation from Puffle'and, and the many immigrant groups, and the culture is well known around Antarctica. Austiceia is very multicultural and diverse, with most of the population being of Puffish origin, but there are also many other creatures from many other countries, like Asiapelago and the Ninja Archipelago. Austiceian cuisine, language and sport has evolved from the Puffish culture, and still contains many elements of it.
Austiceia has a population of around 25 million inhabitants, though it is estimated to rise to about 42 million by 2050. The population is very multicultural and diverse, with many of the inhabitants come from many different places around Antarctica. Most of Austiceia's population, about a quarter, is born outside of Austiceia, and the country has received a total of about 5 million immigrants since the end of the Khanzem War. Around one third of Austiceia's population is Puffish, with another one third being Austiceian, and the rest being from the various immigrant groups.
States and Cities
- New East Orcas
- Named after Orcas in Grand Permatan, this was the first established state in Austiceia. It is also the most populated one, with Sydden and many other big cities scattered around the land. The geography varies a lot, from dry deserts in the west, to snowy mountains in the south.
- Vinkora is an old, small state located in the southeastern corner of Austiceia. Although small, it is home to a lot of citizens living in many cities in and around the state.
- Tanksmerna is the smallest state and is physically separated from Austiceia. It was formerly called Dan Viemen's Land from 1784 to 1856. Located south of Vinktora, it is separated from the mainland by the Bass Strait, which houses a few smaller islands. Due to this isolation, many have regarded it as 'untouched' and 'natural'.
- Home to a wide variety and extensive amount of wildlife, Kingsland is known for its many natural wonders. Its geography ranges from flat, dry plains in the west, to a massive forest to the north. It is also home to several large coastal cities, many of whom focus around tourism businesses. Cyclones are a frequent destruction, mainly coming during the summer months, the most recent being Cyclone Debbie , as of April 2017.
- West Austiceia
- West Austiceia is the largest state of the nation. Much of it is made up of flat, dry and uninhabitable deserts. A few cities are tucked around the coastal area, with a handful inland. The state is also home to a large mining operation, extracting many ores out in the deserts. This industry has fueled the state and the national economy.
- Southern Austiceia
- Southern Austiceia is a state that covers the southern, central part of Austiceia. Most of the state's population is located in its capital city, Adenmaid. A large portion of Southern Austiceia is home to Austiceia's central desests, and are very empty. Notable industries of South Austiceia include opals.
- North Austiceian Territories
- The North Austiceian Territories, sometimes shortened to NAT, is a large state that was formed by other smaller states uniting. The NAT was formed during the 1920s, after the smaller states of Darnwing, Northern Austiceia and Central Austiceia united into one larger state. Today, the NAT is home to a few thousand citizens, with a large portion of the state being located in dry deserts.
- Austiceian Capital Territories
- Also called the ACT, the territory is the smallest and newest territory. It houses the capital city of Canborough, which takes up most of the space and houses most of the population of the state. It is located inland, roughly halfway between Sydden and Millbourne. The ACT was created from a deserted piece of farmland to settle the debate of having Sydden or Millbourne as the capital of Austiceia.
- The capital of the Austiceian Capital Territory and all of Austiceia, Canborough is the only major city located inland. The nation's parliamentary building is located here, as well as the embassies of many nations. There are also many national buildings, such as the national library, national museum and national university. Although it was built as the major political power of the country, including a Parliament House, the leaders that it has housed are often mocked by Austiceians.
- The capital of New East Orcas, this is the largest city in Austiceia, with around 4.6 million citizens living here. The city attracts many visitors and tourists with the iconic Austiceian landmarks, such as the Sydden Harbour Bridge and the nearby Exhibition House. Sydden is also a large economic centre, with many businesses and factories. However, due to its massive economic growth, housing prices have shot, averaging one million dollars, leaving many penguins homeless or broke.
- This large city is the capital of Vinktora, housing 4.2 million inhabitants. There are also many sights to see here, as well as many industrious and commercial areas. There are a lot of residential areas here with a large urban area. Millbourne is also famous for having an extensive tram and public transport system in place.
- Bridgebane is located on the eastern coasts of Kingsland and is the capital of that state. Like Sydden, it attracts many tourists, both from the Austiceia and all over Antarctica. Bridgebane also acts as a gateway to the many natural attractions in and around Kingsland. It is also an economic centre, and houses the offices of many businesses.
- Adenmaid is the capital of Southern Austiceia with a population of around 1.5 million, located north of the Floowreeuo Peninsula. It is often called the 'Festival State' as it hosts many creative arts exhibitions, like music and drama performances. The Terrence River runs through the city, and is used as the main water source. It is the only city that was not colonised by bad penguins; instead, penguins came as free migrants who bought land in 1836.
- Hoypart is the capital of Tanksmerna and is the most southern located major city in Austiceia. Unlike most cities of Austiceia, Hoypart has a very cool climate, with forests covering most of its habitat. Because of its less harsh weather conditions, many apples are grown, and is a main export.
- Purt is located in West Austiceia, and is the capital city.
- Darnwing is the located in and the capital of the Northern Austiceian Territories. The climate here is very warm, as it is located in the far north. It is one of the most least populated major cities of Austiceia, with around 120,000 citizens. Darnwing is very cultural and multicultural and also acts as a gateway to more northern lands.
The climate of Austiceia ranges from arid or semi arid, usually in the interior of the country, often referred to as the outback, to alpine, usually in the mountainous regions of the country, to oceanic, usually in the southeast and Tanksmerna, to humid subtropical, usually in New East Orcas, and to Mediterranean, usually in the southwest of the country. Water restrictions are often in place in some parts of the country, mostly in the desert, since Austiceia often has droughts every few years. Major floods also occasionally happen when there isn't a drought.
There are many forms of transportation that are used in Austiceia, but one of the most used is road transport, which the economy of Austiceia is highly dependent on. Roads are often used to travel between the cities and towns, which are often located very far from each other due to the country's large size. Another common form of transportation is rail transport, which is often used by the mining industry to transport minerals across the country. There are also many subway lines in the major cities and cross country trains as well for ordinary civilians to use.
Additionally, Austiceia has over 300 airports with paved runways across the country, some of which are international airports. Air travel is often used by tourists to visit the country, but is also sometimes used by Austiceians to visit the far away cities due to the inconvenience of driving. Austiceia also has dozens of vessels in its merchant marine fleet, and water transport is often an important form of transportation as well, usually to transport goods. There are ports in all the major cities and towns in the country, along with some other places as well.
- Austiceia is a parody of Australia.
- Austiceia's rich supply of minerals, including uranium, have made its mining industry highly successful over the past few years.
|Asiapelago, West Pengolia|