|El Reino de Castilla
|Motto: Mas mas mas, no menos! (Translation:More more more, not less!)|
|Anthem: La Tierra de Los Conquistadores
|Coat of Arms
(and largest city)
|Official languages||Castillian Spanish|
|Recognised regional languages||Valencian, Catalán, Asturian, Galego, Basque, French, Italian, Portugese, English|
|Species||Adelie penguins, viking penguins, high penguins, arctic terns, puffles, puffins|
|Demonym||Castellano, Castellana, Castillan|
|Membership||Free Republic and CP Gold Coin Alliance|
|-||King||King Carlos Goberna|
|-||Prime Minister||José Jorge Rodriguez Zapatos|
|Legislature||Constitutional Congress||-||Upper House||Congress of Deputies</tr>|
|-||The Island is inhabited||2 AD|
|-||The countries of Castle and Eragon unite to form modern-day Castilla||1470|
|-||Castilla goes to war with Snowzerland||2011|
|Currency||Club Penguin gold coin (
|Doesn't observe DST.|
|Drives on the||Right|
|Footnotes||This is a parody of Spain.|
Castilla (Pronounced: Cah-stee-ya), also once known as Goveruá is a powerful Imperialist island nation on the western side of the Ninja Archipelago. It is well known for excelling in science, math, and literature due to Dorkuguese genes from long ago and for being one of the few islands in or near the archipelago not owned by Snowzerland. It formerly was part of Finestade Land, but later became an independent nation once again.
Castilla was first inhabited in 2 AD by those from the Penguin Empire and named the place Iberia which many still call the place today. It was a strong colony for many centuries until the empire collapsed in 450 AD when vikings invaded and occupied the island of Goveruà during the early middle ages until it was invaded by mwa mwas and Dorkugese nerds. They named the place Ow-Ondowis, and excelled greatly in science, math, and literature. The Ow-Ondowisians had also left behind great architectural feats still seen by many today. Many High Penguins also lived in Ow Ondowis at the time as well since they were treated very well there. Starting in 1032, the original Iberian inhabitants wanted their country back and fought the mwa mwas and Dorkugese out of the island after 400 years of war. They eventually formed the two nations of Castle and Eragon. These new nations treated High Penguins and Mwa Mwas poorly. Around 1470, King Fernando of Castle and Isabela of Eragon married and decided to unite the country under the name Castilla. Castilla then began it's golden age as it conquered and inhabited many islands such as Parhentina and made them colonies. At this point, Castilla was the second most powerful nation...right under the High Penguin Confederacy. Eventually, they lost the colonies as they claimed independance from Castilla. Castilla continued to be peaceful until they had a civil war during the reign of Khanzem. After the fall of the last High Penguin Confederacy king, many Castillans belived that democracy was a better form of government and that they should do the same with their king, so the Castillan Republic was formed. Many were still loyal to the king, so civil war broke out. Khanzem helped support the nation's Facist group, called the Nationalists. The Nationalists were able to persuade the monarchists to join their side. The Good Guys sided with the Castillan Republic, but did not get too much involved since they were fighting the Khanzem War. Eventually, the Nationalists won the war, but they overthrew the king and a penguin named Franco became the new dictator of Castilla. Nevertheless, Franco died in 1975, almost six decades after the Khanzem War ended. Finally, the king of Castilla was put back on the throne, but decided to add a Constitution to the nation of Castilla and made Castilla into a democratic and constitutional monarchy. Meanwhile, Castilla tried its best to bring back its colonies. Peace continued, and in 2010, Finestade Land bought Castilla and annexed them, and renaming them to Goverua. Early in 2011, Snowzerland got jealous for FG annexing a land near the Ninja Archipelago, so the Snoss invaded and drove FG out. The USA and the Viking Empire helped intervene and drove the Snoss out of Castilla. As a result, the South Pole Council Decided to make Castilla an independant country that could not be annexed. However, Castilla is a member of the Free Republic Union. Castilla has regained all of its former territories and is prospering once again as a powerful empire and a major sphere of influence.
Castilla owns a large portion of Antarctica's islands, especially in the Latin Antarctica Archipelago. It's language and culture has spread throught it's colonies, and because of it's evergrowing population, Castillans are immigrating and/or illegally colonizing the USA, predominatly the area of Eastshield. If anyone, Castilla also is a fierce Imperialist competitor against Snowzerland who both share a common (but secret) goal of taking over Antarctica and spreading their culture, language, and political power.
The official currency of Castilla is the Club Penguin Gold Coin, the unofficial currency of the Free Republic Union. Castilla formerly used the Peseta as it's form of currency before joining the CP Gold coin alliance.
The official langage of Castilla is Spanish (also known as Castillian), a major offshoot from the Penguin Empire's official langage, Latin. Spanish is spoken in all of Castilla, though specipif regions have their own language. Castilla is home to other exotic langages like Catalan, which is spoken in the province of Catalunia in the northeast, and Basque, spoken in the Vasco region in the north. Other minor traditional languages not widely spoken as much as Castillian, Catalan, and Basque are Gallego and Asturian.
Climate and Geography
Castilla is a very warm island that is capable of growing trees and grass, yet sustainable for penguins and puffles to live in. To the very north of the island are the Pirrenais mountain range. Castilla also has beautiful sandy beaches and many plateaus. Castilla has several rivers as well. Castilla's climate is mainly warm year round. It snows occasionally in the winter.
Castilla has a lot to see and do. Castilla's cities are very facinating and historical...here are the main ones:
- Metido - Metido is the capital and largest city of Castilla. It is located in the center of Castilla island and hosts many monuments, plazas, and museums.
- Varcelono - Another famous Castillan city. Located in the province of Catalunia, Vercelono is home to "La Sagrada Reina", a Governance Cathedral that is still under construction after several centuries of building.
- Toledo - Toledo is the city shown in the picture above. Toledo was once the capital of Castilla at one time, and is known for having a rich cultural history. It is also the hometown of Clovis Hochstadt, who moved there recently.
- Sevilla - a famed city known for being the cultural, artistic, and financial capital of the southern region of Castilla. It is known as the "Gateway to Exploration", because many expeditions to Latin Antarctica started in this city.
- Salebrinca - an old city that is home to the University of Salebrinca, the most prestigious and oldest Spanish-Speaking Universities in Antarctica and the Ninja Archipelago, founded in 1218.
- Caragoca - a city that was once the capital of the Kingdom of Eragon, now the capital of the Eragon region. Caragoca is home to the University of Caragosa, one of the most oldest Universities in Eragon and third oldest in Castilla, founded in 1524. The University of Caregoca does not hold as much honor as the University of Salabrinca, but it tends to pursue and study science more.
Flag, Motto, and Anthem
This is the official flag of Castilla. It was made in 1475 by a Governance priest. It has been the official flag ever since.
~ The National Motto.
(Translation: More more more, not less!)
The motto was made by King Fernando II. He believed it fitted the country's postition in Antarctica very well. In a sense, modern day historians nicknamed Castilla the "Snowzerland of the Renaissance".
Castilla still has a King, but his powers are limited because of the Castillan Constitution. The King is only considered the head of state. The main power are the citizens, who elects a prime minister every four years to represent them. The Castillan Legislative Government are divided into two, the Senate, and the Congress of Deputies. The Senate mainly consists of representatives from the Castillan mainland and a few from Caltexico and Parhentina. The Congress of Deputies consists of all regions of the Castillan Mainland and several representatives from its numerous colonies.
Castilla's government cosists of four political parties: The Imperialist Party, The United Farmers' Party, The Population Party, and the Basque Party. All parties were made for specific political/economical aspirations. The parties are lusted from the most to least popular as well as powerful.
The most popular and influential party in all of Castilla and it's colonies. It's main goals are to conquer other areas and put them under Castillan cultural and political influence. As for the land they already have, they want to improve and accelerate relations between colonies and provinces. This party believes that the Federal government should have the most political power, which easily contradicts the United Farmers' Party and the Basque Party. It is known as El Partido de La Imperialista in Spanish. The Imperialist Party has two subdivisions: the Monarchy Imperialist Party, and the evergrowing Socialist Imperialist Party, which was created in the early 1930's, who also are mainly inspired by East Pengolia.
United Farmers' Party
The United Farmers' Party, or El Partido de Los Granjeros Unidos in Spanish, is the second most popular party in Castilla and it's colonies. As the party's name suggests, the party mostly consists of Farmers, fishermen, and other penguins who live in the countryside. The Farmers' Party believes that Castilla's economy should be based on Agriculture and Fishing, which contradicts with the Population Party. The Farmers' Party also believes that individual provinces and colonies' governments should have more power than the Federal Government, which also contradicts the Imperialist Party and the Population Party.
The Population Party, or also known as El Partido de La Población, is the third most popular party in Castilla. It consists of citizens who make their home in the cities. The Population Party is in support of Castilla having a major Industry economy; contradicting the United Farmers' Party. The Population Party believes that a stronger industrial economy will give more jobs to the population. The Party supports a strong Federal Government like the Imperialist Party, but they believe that conquering other nations is wrong and/or is a waste of money.
The Basque Party, known as El Partido de Vasco is the least popular party in Castilla. It consists of citizens who come from the infamous Castillan province known as the Basque Country, who direly wishes to secede from Castilla to form it's own nation. The Basque Country secessionists only realize the Basque Party Represenatives in Congress as their only government. The Basque Party believes that their province should have more power to govern themselves rather than Federal Castillan Government. Most Castillans outside the Basque Country Province do not like this party and the idea of the Basque Country Secession, simply because most of them want Castilla Island to stay one nation.
For centuries, Castilla has been praised for having one of the most organized militaries in all of Antarctica, with it's peak during the 1400's - 1600's. Their army still wear traditional Conquistador uniforms, and they still have a super large navy of large Galleons and Aircraft Carriers. They've got a good army that's a good match for Snowzerland, a phenominal navy that is the crown jewel of the military, and a relatively young but proud Air Force. Castilla did not get an air force until 1920, after the Khanzem War was over.
Castilla's most elite branch is the Castillan Marine Corps, who is the Snoss equivalent of an RDA Trooper. Castillan Marines are trained to fight on land, air, and water, and have rigorous training, and are considered to be a part of Castilla's navy. The Castillan Marines are used for very important missions or attacks and is considered an honor to be one. One major difference between the average Castillan Soldier and a Marine are that the marines are more heavily equipped and are not allowed to have beards.
Castilla's Air Force is also notable because of its high tech aircraft and the famous 1st Castillan Airborne Division, the only Air Force Division in the Ninja Archipelago (besides Puffle'and) to have a special military force reserved solely for trained, professional puffle soldiers.
Despite having a fierce competition with Snowzerland, Castilla has resolved not to build any nukes. The Castillian Congress had banned the use and creation of Nuclear weapons in the Castillan Empire. Nonetheless, they own about two Triple X deletion missiles.
Below is a picture gallery of the Castillan Military and Air Force.
A common Castillan footsoldier with an AK 47 Icebullet Machinegun, a common weapon.
This was when the Castillans siezed the abandoned ghost town of Old Town and resettled it. They burnt down the old remains when they arrived before rebuilding.
This is Jock Hochstadt in a Castillan Tank.
Famous Castillan inhabitants include:
- Hernando Cortais
- Cristobal Colon
- Sol Gasolo
- Rafael Nadar
- Clovis Hochstadt (immigrated to Castilla)
- Jock Hochstadt (immigrated)
- Piper J. Cub (immigrated)
Dispite having a good government and amazing living standards, the island of Castilla is getting overcrowded and overpopulated. The average couple have about 3 children. The nation has concluded that expanding their territory should be a good solution, and the population of the homeland decreased just recently when a whole bunch of Castillans moved to the new colony city of Ciudad Vieja and the Club Penguin Spanish Servers, which are now the main focus points of population growth. However, even the city of Ciudad Viejo got full, and penguins are already moving out into Eastshield and are making new villages and farms there as well. Some had proposed that the childbirth number should be decreased by law, but the legislature had denied every one of them. Luckily, the Poverty line of Castilla is very low, and the government wishes to keep it low as much as possible.
Relations Between Other Nations
- Snowzerland - Terrible. Castilla consider themselves to be Antarctica's "original Snowzerland" since Castilla also did a lot of colonization and invasions. Castilla's main goal is to Hispanify Antarctica, while Snowzerland's goal is to Germanify Antarctica. Castilla and Snowzerland are major competitors, and are willing to destroy each other in order to achieve their goal.
- East Pengolia - Good. Despite being a democratic monarchy, Castilla and East Pengolia get along quite well, and they both share hatred against Snowzerland. Castilla also supports East Pengolia's Space and Nuclear program.
- Liguria - Great. Both countries share a similar culture and have been major trading partners for many centuries.
- United States of Antarctica- Decent. The United States of Antarctica and Castilla are good training partners. However, Castilla secretly wishes for it's downfall so that it would be easier to take over Antarctica.
- Dorkugal - Poor. Dorkugal and Castilla have been enemies since Dorkugal existed, and have mocked each other about their reversed cultures constantly.
- United Provinces of Antarctica - Somewhat good. Despite the UPA conquering parts of the Viking Empire, they have recently ceded it's Eastshield territory to Castilla (Castillian Eastshield) and may possibly cede the conquered territory to Castilla.
- Zhou - Good. Despite Zhou's preference to ally with Snowzerland, Castilla trades with Zhou frequently, and several Zhouese have immigrated to Castilla and its colonies.
- Japaland - Decent. They engage in trade, especially for technology related products.
- Frankterre - Good. They have been allies for centuries and the royal house of Castilla is descended from the now extinct royal family of Frankterre.
- Lisboagal- Decent. Despite their hatred towards each other in the past, relations are improving even though they bicker at times.
- Puffle'and- Poor. The two have been rivals and competed over colonies since Castilla was founded in the late 1400's.
- Shops Island - Great. The two nations have great relations, and engage in active trade.
- Alemania- Bittersweet. Castilla's government opposes Alemania due to them being part of the Snoss, but friendly Alemanian tourists have helped create a tourism industry boom in Castilla's Islas Balearicas, and the Castillans are profiting greatly.
Castilla, especially in the southern region, is very well known for it's flamenco music and dances. It is very popular in Castilla and are usually performed at fiestas, or parties. Other forms of traditional music include Sevillanas, which is similar to Flamenco music. Nevertheless, Castilla also produces their own pop, rock, and jazz music that many citizens listen to. Castilla's colonies have also played a role in Castilla's music, since a lot of popular music made in the music is often brought to the mainland, such as Salsa, Reggaeton, and other pop and rock songs. Famous singers and bands from Antarctica like Katy Spitz, Meaghan, Cadence, DJ Crow, and the Penguin Band are also very popular as well. The guitar and the castanets are iconic and traditional musical instruments of Castilla.
Because they are an island, the Castillans love seafood. They also make complex dishes like paella, a dish containing rice, saffron, and seafood or O-berries, that takes a long time to make. Nevertheless, it is loved by many. Castillans also like to eat tortilla espanola, an omelete. Dispite having a very high population, Castilla still has a lot of farmland that provide fresh fruits, nuts, grains, and vegetables to the Island Nation. The city of Toledo is also known for producing marzipan, a confection that is made of sugar and almond meal. Along with marzipan, popular Castillan desserts are ice cream, churros, pastries, pan dulce (sweet rolls), chocolate, and fruit.
See Castillan Television for more information.
Castilla is well known for it's media. It's colony, Penguifornia, is very famous for producing the greatest movies and music in Antarctica in the city of Los Pinguenes. Castilla and it's colonies have a national newspaper known as La Tierra, which is the most popular and reliable newspaper in the empire.
The Castillan mainland hosts a total of twenty free antenna television channels. Cable TV is not common in Castilla, therefore most citizens have the standard free antenna television channels, which were a gift from the Governance for Castilla's strong loyalty to them. Castilla's movies are produced bilingually in Hollysnow in the colony of Penguifornia. For a list of Television Channels in Castilla, please go here.
Castilla's Government recognizes Christmas, Easter, Día de Los Santos, and New Year's as official and traditional holidays. All these holidays are celebrated similarly across the country, though specific regions of Castilla have unique Regional Festivals. The Province of Valenzo has a specific holiday known as La Tomatina, where Penguins and puffles congregate in a specific town and conduct Antarctica's largest tomato fight. During the winter, some provinces in the north occationally have massive snowball fights.
In mainland Castilla, the most popular sport is fútbol and is nationally known. Castilla's cities also have their own Soccer Teams, which play in the Liga de Futbol; the two most famous of them all would be F.C. Varcolono and Real Metido, whom also happen to be very, very, bitter rivals. The teams hate each other so much, that they even host a tournament against each other called El Partido Clásico De Fútbol, which is Spanish for The Classic Game of Soccer/Football. "El Partido Clásico de Fútbol" is one of the most famous soccer/football tournaments in all of Antarctica, and the whole game is aired across the whole Ninja Archipelago, Latin Antarctica, and Freezeland because it is that popular. In 2012, Castilla made history for itself by winning the 2012 Ninja Archipelago Cup while playing against Liguria. The second most popular sport is the Bull Fighting. Bull Fights, or Corridas de Toros are the second most famous sports in Castilla, however it is only watched and is only played by trained professionals known as Toreros, or Matadors. In the tournament, a single Matador is confronted by an angry bull brought from a local farm, and while dancing with the bull in a graceful manner with a red cloth, while the goal of the matador is to eventually kill the bull. In total, 6 Bulls are killed during one Bull Fight Event -that is - if the Matador penguin does not get hurt or killed by the bull first, which may happen. Although some foreigners, ESPECIALLY the Dorkuguese, find Las Corridas de Toros to be unethical and cruel, almost all Castillans in the south enjoy the Bull Runs and the most amazing Matadors are considered to be very famous celebrities. However, in rebellious provinces like Cataluno, Bull Fighting had become recently outlawed due to foreign influence and as an act of defiance to the rest of Castilla's culture.
Castilla is a modern country and has all modern types of transportation available for the public. The list of transportation used are listed from long range to short range transportation. The last tab shows the difference of Castillan road signs from typical mainland Antarctic road signs.
Within the mainland, Castillans hardly use an airplane since it is expensive. Airfare is only usually used for international flights, flights to other colonies, or flights to nearby islands that have airports. Castilla has two major airports: one in the capital, Metido, and another in the largest city, Varcelono. Both Airports are busy daily and flights go anywhere around the Antarctic. Castilla's national flag carrier airline is Pacifica Airlines like the rest of the Ninja Archipelago. Other cities, like Caragoca, Salebrinca, and Sovilla also have airports. The only major city in the Castillan Mainland that does NOT have an airport is Toledo.
Boat transportation is hardly used in Castilla, but there are ferries that go to the Islas Balericas from Varcelono. Otherwise, passenger boats in Castilla tend to be Cruise ships that sail around Castilla and go to nearby islands like Frankterre and Lisboagal. Castillan Rivers also have some pleasure boats there that can give tourists some views of some of the old cities. Some lake villages and coastal towns have some yachts for some of the more wealthier citizens. El Corun, Varcelono, and Sardize are the mainland's major port cities and are where most of the major cargo ships dock and unload.
When going from one major city of Castilla to the next, the train is the cheapest and most efficient way of travel. Castilla has invested in fast high tech train systems that connect to each major city, including Toledo, which has a direct route to the capital, Metido. The majority of major/interesting/large cities in Castilla have train stations.
Varcelono and Metido are the only major cities to own Subway systems. The subways of Castilla are very clean and efficient and stretch out through the whole city and can sometimes reach into the suburbs. Also, all major cities in Castilla have efficient bus transit systems that cover almost all streets in the city and the suburbs. There are some bus transit systems that reach out into countryside villages that tend to have high amounts of tourists or commuters that work in the nearby major city.
The Castillan household tends to at least own one car. Cars are growing in demand in Castilla, and cars from Liguria, Alemania, and Japaland happen to be popular. The Castillan Colony of Penguifornia is known for being very car savvy, and the Penguifornian household has about an average of two to three cars; however, this contrasts with the other colonies. Colonies like Caltexico and Parhentina tend not to own cars because of their expensiveness and most penguins and puffles prefer to carpool with friends or use alternate forms of transportation.
Walking is the most popular form of intra-city transport. Since the Castillan cities and towns tend to be very old, most famous things happen to be close by, making walking and tourism very efficient.
Biking is used in Castilla, but it usually used for joy rides and for leisure. When one cannot afford to take the subway or the bus and has no time to walk, biking is the best alternative to get to a destination in Castilla.
Castillan Road Signs
Here are the main road and street signs and their meanings used in the Castillan Mainland and the Islas Balearicas; they follow a similar format that is commonly used throughout the Ninja Archipelago, whose nations have similar looking signs:
No Motorized Vehicles except for personal motorcycles or Motor Scooters.
Like Snowzerland, Castilla has many colonies. Dispite the colonies of Snowzerland, Castilla's colonies speak the same language as the motherland and have cultures that were influenced by Castilla. Because it's empire is so big, Castilla's colonies are divided into two viceroyalties; the Viceroyalty of Nueva Castilla and the Viceroyalty of Beru.
- Caltexico - Castilla's most populous and famous colony; Capital Island of the Nueva Castilla Viceroyalty.
- Albergue Plata - Castilla's oldest colony.
- Penguifornia - Castilla's most famous colony in the fields of cinematography and music.
- Gulapada - Castilla's quiet colony south of Caltexico that is a fruit producing country.
- Airesol - Castilla's most rural colony, home to many remote canyons, forests, and other natural wonders.
- Costa de Oro - Castilla's most famous colony known for it's tropical rainforests and a popular developing country.
- Cuadra - Castilla's secret socialist nation home to free healthcare and banana production
- Domingo - one of Castilla's first discovered colonies.
- El Cruz - Another developing Castillan colony that is a popular surfing destination
- Hongo Duro - A popular Castillan colony that has a couple active volcanoes but is still heavily inhabited by friendly natives.
- Icaragu - A Castillan Colony with lush rainforest, several towns, and several Castillan Military Bases.
- Nuevo Caltexico - A quiet rural island that is mostly desert and is where many original indigenous tribes still live traditionally.
- Panamia - One of Castilla's thinnest colony islands that is considered the gateway to Latin Antarctica.
- Tejas - a popular Castillan colony home to Vaqueros and abundant cattle and puffle ranches.
- Isla del Trueque - a true Castillan overseas colony that is a popular trading post that penguins from around the USA and the AU come to buy and sell unique and exotic items or foods.
- Castillan Corridor of Yow - obtained during The Great Yowien War in 2013. It is a source of oil for the Castillans.
- Beru - Capital island of the Viceroyalty of Beru.
- Parhentina - Castilla's largest colony.
- Frio - a colony right next to Parhentina that is known for being very patriotic and is home to many Alemanian immigrants.
- Bolifín - A colony known for it's economic growth and diverse landscape of desert, mountains, and rainforest.
- Chavezuela - A secret socialist state that is very rich in oil.
- Cordovisa - A former corrupt nation once heavily involved in the illegal trafficking of Doom Weed, now a developing country.
- Guruguay - A small colony known for it's high production of dairy products, fishing and puffle breeding.
- Igualdor - A small country that shares cultural similarities with Beru since they are close.
- Peregua - Another former poorer colony on it's way to development and modernization.
- Tierra Del Fuego - A declared Overseas Province of Castilla that has been considered a popular nature getaway for those who wish to find peace and quiet.