Partition of Yow
| Partition of Yow is an average quality article, but could be even better!
Take this article to the next level, and perhaps even further, by editing it, adding pictures, creating more sections, and adding links to make it a High Quality Article, or possibly an Ultra Quality Article!
|Partition of Yow
|Government||Collective overseas territories of five different countries.|
|Currency||Club Penguin Gold Coin in all areas except for Puffish and Shopper Quarters|
|Drives on the||Right, except for Puffish quarter|
The Partition of Yow followed in the aftermath of The Great Yowien War of 2013. The partition consists of Yow Island that is divided into five different regions ruled by a different colonial power. The five countries that rule the partition are Shops Island, Culldrome Isles, Snowzerland, Puffle'and, and Castilla.
- 1 History
- 2 Culldrome Quarter (Northwest Yow)
- 3 Shopper Quarter (Southeast Yow)
- 4 Puffish Quarter (Southwest Yow)
- 5 Snoss Quarter (Northeast Yow)
- 6 Castillan Corridor (East Yow)
- 7 Trivia
- 8 See Also
See Old Yow Kingdom for more information.
The Old Yow Kingdom was the precursor to the Partition. The nation was well known to have a decent economy and a growing military, but its crave for nuclear weapons led to secret development and The Great Yowien War. In the Great Yowien War, Yow had been divided into five occupational zones among Shops Island, Culldrome Isles, Castilla, Puffle'and, and Snowzerland. Each country treated their section of Yow very differently, though all of them completely changed the appearance of the island due to the outcomes of war and individual economic and/or sociopolitical desires. In many cases, (with the exception of Golden City) most of the major Yowien cities had been completely destroyed and were not rebuilt.
Despite their average economy, Yow owed a large debt to the USA. The nations that partitioned Yow gave Hontana to the USA to repay some of the it, and evenly split the remaining debt among them to pay off the USA, which was mostly paid off by money earned in their Yowien territories, either profitable companies or sold assets such as buildings.
Culldrome Quarter (Northwest Yow)
See Culldrome Yow.
Shopper Quarter (Southeast Yow)
- See Northern Shops
Puffish Quarter (Southwest Yow)
The Puffish Quarter of Yow is located in the southwest of Yow Kingdom Island. It is well known for having tons of large sugar, molasses, and pineapple plantations across the region. It is also famous for having a large Hokjok population that immigrated to the region after The Great Yowien War. The Hokjoks occupy approximately 80% of Puffish Yow's inland population, while the coastal population is mostly Puffish, Freezelandian, Antarctican, and Caladian.
Cities and Towns
Puffish Yow does not have any large cities; most major settlements are small towns located on the coast. They are typically home to many sailors, pirates, and merchants. Some Hokjoks live in small communities inland of the island and have acclimated to Puffish colonial culture and rule.
- Palm Town- The colonial capital "city". Palm Town is the largest city in the colony and is home to the Governor's Palace and the headquarters of the major agricultural companies that own plantations in the colony. It is also the main port where most of the colony's products are shipped.
- Carrenmoore- The second largest and most popular settlement on the island. Carrenmoore is the most ethnically diverse city in the colony; it was founded by prospective High Penguins from Freezeland and several pirates and sailors. It soon became a hot spot for several westernized Hokjoks that wanted to look for a better life beyond agriculture cultivation. The city is popularized with many pubs and clubs. The city's tropical and ethnic atmosphere is a blend between Freezelandian, Puffish, and Hokjok cultures when it comes to food and and especially music. Carrenmoore is a popular tourist destination due to it's vibrant culture and it's scenic beaches.
- Kaylin's Cove- A quiet small town built by several pirates and sailors. It was built over the remains of an old Yowien town known as "Kaylin Village". The town is characterized with shanty wooden creole buildings and several Cream Soda breweries.
- Freedom Village- the largest Hokjok village in the colony. Located deep inland, the village was built by the Puffish for several of the Hokjoks that wanted to leave F Island. With the help of Puffish public education, the city is vibrantly thriving and growing as more and more Hokjoks are having more children. Many citizens of Freedom Village have taken up jobs as craftsmen and women, though many still prefer to be workers at nearby Sugar plantations.
The economy of Puffish Yow is mainly agriculturally based. The major exports of the colony are sugar, molasses, and pineapples, with minor production in textiles, coconuts, Cream Soda root, and Cream Soda. The agriculture on the island is done on large populations that are scattered across the inland of the colony. These plantations are home to large mansions owned by Puffish families and are maintained by hired Hokjok workers from F Island. Most Hokjoks earn a little more than the national minimum wage and tend to live in small villages in or around the plantation that they work in.
The secondary economy is located on the coast, home to the majority of the colony's major cities. The coastal areas mainly focus on tourism due to the area's beautiful beaches and culturally diverse towns. Inland areas that are not populated by plantations or towns are all natural tropical rainforests or swamps, which have become a focus for ecotourism as well.
Puffish Yow has its own small provincial parliament at Palm Town and has its own colonial governor. Puffish Yow has about two representatives in the Puffish Parliament in Snowdon. All political parties in Puffle'and are the same in the colony, and all citizens, even the naturalized Hokjoks, have the right to vote in elections. The Hokjoks also have their own small semi-official council for themselves, known as the "Hokjok Equality Council", in order to preserve their rights as an ethnic group and act as a labor union if necessary against Puffish plantations.
98% of all inhabitants of Puffish Yow can read and understand English. Like its colonial ruler, Puffish Yow's official langauge is English, but it's semi-official language is English Creole, spoken widely by many Hokjoks. English Creole emerged among the dominantly Hokjok communities that attempted to learn English, though they ended up throwing in parts of their own native language into every day speech to create a pidgin. The Puffish and Freezelandian settlers of Puffish Yow do not understand the Hokjoks' English Creole, though they enjoy listening to it in the rhythmic Hokjok Creole music.
Snoss Quarter (Northeast Yow)
The Snoss Quarter is located in the Northeast of Yow Island. It is the most ecologically devastated and uninhabited part of the island. There are no major towns here; there is only a small port village, several intensive labor camps for political prisoners, a military base, and tons of mines and oil rigs.
Snoss Yow is very mountainous and it used to be abundant in forest and swamps. The Snoss invasion destroyed everything, leaving the land to be completely grey and barren. It is known that this part of the island is rich in minerals such as salt, iron, coal, copper, tin, gold, and oil. Regions where these minerals are concentrated the most are where most mines and oil rigs are located. The small coastal village of Sieg is the only gateway for Snoss ships into the colony; it is where all the harvested raw materials are shipped to the Snoss mainland and its other possessions in the Ninja Archipelago.
Regions where oil rigs and mines are located also have small miner communities that house miners that only stay for a few months before returning home or to another mine or oil rig somewhere else. There is a Snoss military base near Sieg village, complete with an airport, sleeping barracks, and training facilities. There are about five Snoss political prisoner camps located in the colony; they are directly administered by the soldiers from the Snoss base. These political prisoner camps are labor intensive, where prisoners are forced to make high quality weapons and machinery for free and refine the metals and oil that was harvested nearby.
Castillan Corridor (East Yow)
The Castillan Corridor is the smallest colonial possession in the Partition of Yow. It is lightly populated but more populated than the Snoss Quarter. Like the Snoss, Castilla also has a military base, mines, and oil rigs on their land, but they have more settlements and tend to focus on Oil production a lot more.
Cities and Towns
- Villa del Corazon- The largest settlement and capital of the colony. Villa del Corazon is a small city built in Castillan architectural style and is home to a large Castillan population with a small Lisboaguese minority. It occupies the southern bank of the Nilo (now called the Rio Dorado) River Delta.
- Nueva Esperanza- The second largest settlement in the colony. Nueva Esperanza is a small town built by the Castillans and are mainly inhabited by the workers at the oil fields. It is located at the southernmost point of the Nilon Peninsula.
A Castillan military base is located on Nilo Island and at the tip of the Nilon peninsula. It is home to a large lighthouse, a three runway airport, several barracks, training facilities, a scientific research center, a weapons arsenal, and a radar facility. The Castillan Corridor military base is the only Castillan stronghold in the Yowien Sea and is the only main source of protection for the Castillan Corridor colony.
The Castillan Corridor's main mainly depends on gathering crude oil on both land and at sea. Oil refineries are located at both Villa del Corazon and Nueva Esperanza and the oil is directly shipped to Castilla's mainland and nearby Swashbuckler Island. Mining and farming are secondary activities. Iron and copper are among the most common raw materials found in the region. Farms in the Castillan Corridor usually produce grapes, coconuts, and Cream Soda root.
The Castillan Corridor has one representative in the Castillan congress. Meanwhile, the region itself has its own Governor and a small council that acts as the provincial legislature. The legislature gathers three representatives from both Nueva Esperanza and Villa del Corazon, and one representative from every small village in the region.