| Chill Island is a high quality article, which is awesome!
Please continue to expand this article as much as you can, with more sections, text, images, trivia and anything else you can think of to make it even better!
|Motto: It's not about why, it's about why not!|
|Anthem: Guadeloupe Beach
Royal anthem: Never never never give up!
The island photographed from an airplane.
|-||Rediscovered by Chill||June 3, 2009|
|-||Granted statehood||September 24, 2011|
|Calling code||311, 128|
Chill Island, originally known and sometimes still referred to by other nations as Freezonia (not to be confused with Freezestonia), is a small island state just south of Shops Island, under the rule of Vice President Chill57181, who serves as its mayor. Often referred to as "the fun corner of Antarctica" by residents and visitors, it is also noted for being an apparent magnet for strange events.
- 1 History
- 2 Government
- 3 Economy
- 4 Culture
- 5 Demographics
- 6 Geography
- 7 Points of interest
- 8 Transportation
- 9 Military
- 10 Climate
- 11 See also
Centuries prior to Chill's arrival, the island was a haven for strange creatures of all kinds, who gradually developed their own society. Nobody knew what attracted them there, although it could have something to do with a certain zamboni.
Although the creatures were relatively friendly and welcoming to visitors, very few dared to sail near the island because of its residents. It became the subject of legends among sailors, gaining a false reputation as a horrid place filled with hostile monsters, although some were not deterred and explored it and studied its society anyway.
On Halloween night in 1879, a terrible storm ravaged the island, wiping out the entire population and leaving what establishments it didn't completely destroy in ruin, also leading to the extinction of many different species.
No records of this settlement exist, although dramatic warnings about the general area of Chill Island can sometimes be found on old maps and notes written by sailors.
At some point, the island was rediscovered by a kooky old prospector who had been drifting on a raft for several months at the time after setting off to discover "the lost kingdom of French Fronia". Although the island wasn't "French Fronia" he chose to live there anyway and built the mine shack, and began living in a scrapyard near the shack and scavenging the island.
In June 2009, Chill57181 briefly left Club Penguin Island to go on an expedition out of boredom with his best friends Penquino and LMGT. Finding nothing but a long abandoned house, an old mine, and scattered ruins, Chill decided to claim it for himself and called it Freezonia. Chill began working on building various settlements around the island, such as a house for himself and secret headquarters for the secret agency that would later become the Chill Island Protection Force to monitor key locations around Freezonia, although large amounts of the island remained untouched. More ambitious plans included various businesses, a hospital, and even an airport, but these would not come to be. In early July, the three got bored and left, and the island fell into disrepair once again.
In September 2011, Chill discovered that Freezonia was in close proximity to Shops Island, inspiring him to return. Upon his return, he discovered that it had fallen into disrepair in the past 2 years, especially the mine shack, which was very unsafe and needed to be completely rebuilt. Following the completion of repairs, Chill renamed it Chill Island and declared it a state of Shops. Now equipped with more resources, the businesses Chill had envisioned back in 2009 finally became a reality, with Chill Island Retail, Wikibucks, and Mario's Fryz being opened by the end of that year. The Chill Island International Airport also became a reality, providing daily flights to Shops Island through shopJet. Work on the residential district also began, and continues to this day as the need arises.
By the end of 2012, 5-Starred, Prepostera Enterprises, Pao Bakery, and the Bank of Chill Island had opened, and Chill Island Retail was torn down and replaced with a Chill World location. Various types of puffles were introduced to the island to give it more wildlife. The Daily Egg, the island's official newspaper, began releasing bi-weekly, and even got its own local TV news station. Construction also began on the International Party Hat Museum.
In April 2013, Chill's original secret agency was reorganized into the Chill Island Protection Force, commonly known as the CIPF, and began functioning as Chill Island's police force and military. Prepostera Enterprises closed, as its owner Professor Prepostera was recruited to join the agency and began working out of a lab in their headquarters instead.
In July 2013, Evil Pengy launched an attack on Shops Island after breaking out of EPF custody and forming the Evilositian Army. Before they could do anything, they were shot down by the SIA and taken into custody, but escaped and made their way to Chill Island to regroup. After breaking into the Daily Egg's headquarters, they went on TV and announced their takeover of Chill Island. This was short-lived however, as Tyler, the first of the CIPF drones, disobeyed orders and chased them into FreezeShop. Although he was disabled in the battle, the Evilositian Army was ultimately defeated by the combined efforts of the CIPF and EPF, who had sent a task force led by PSA to recapture Evil Pengy.
Shortly after, Radztur, a former member of the Evilositian Army and Chill's rival who escaped in the conflict, moved into a secret cave base on Chill Island and started causing trouble for the CIPF to harass Chill.
In August 2015, tragedy struck the island when Carl the Fry Thief broke into Mario's Fryz and stole all of the french fries. Carl continues to break in every day and steal french fries to this day, and has never been caught despite the CIPF's best efforts.
In early 2017, What Tambourine moved to Chill Island and quickly became notorious for his excessively loud techno music playing. Eventually, his neighbors called the CIPF, who fined him 100 WB$. This made Tambourine furious, who declared independence of his own house and got his friends DJ Duke and Raveous to join him, forming his own independent state, the Techno State. They continue to try to get recognition from Chill, but he just ignores them. In 2018, they purchased the vacant Prepostera Enterprises building and turned it into the Techno Club.
In 2025, Chill Island seceded from Shops Island and joined the United States of Shops Island because of Chill's involvement. During the Shops Civil War, the island was protected from the Shopper Empire by the combined efforts of Professor Prepostera, The Ed, Roger, and Doktor, who were able to harness the Meme Machine's energy to create a force field around the island. Following the end of the war in 2027, Chill Island joined the Shops Union with fellow former Shops Island states Moon Island and Freezestonia. Chill Island became a popular spot for former residents of Shops Island, including former President Lavender and Shops Intelligence Agency Director LMGT.
In 2030, What Tambourine made his move and challenged Chill to a dance-off with his best dancer, Raveous, in a bid to become mayor by inciting the Dance-Off Code. Chill's practice in Dance Contest was no match for Raveous, who had his body augmented with cybernetic parts specifically designed for optimal dancing performance. One week later, Tyler challenged Tambourine himself to a dance battle and easily won. Rather than giving the position back to Chill, Tyler decided to be mayor, but had a short and disastrous run that ended with his memory of the event being wiped by Prepostera, all of Tyler's legislation being reverted, and the position being returned to Chill. Not wanting to cause an endless cycle of dance-offs, Tambourine began thinking of a different way to become mayor. Shortly after, Chill sold Little Island to the Techno State so they could have somewhere to listen to their techno music and not bother the other residents, and also be left alone.
Relations between Chill Island and fellow Shops Union member Moon Island took a turn for the worse in 2036 when Penstubal was elected president. In the interest of preserving the Shops Union and preventing relations between the two islands from quickly deteriorating, the former Chancellor of the Shops Union, Pill, was hired to deal with relations between them. However, unbeknownst to anyone except Chill himself, "Pill" was actually Chill in disguise.
Chill is the mayor of the island, and there is no real government system in place. There are no other government officials, and elections are never held. Fortunately, nobody really cares. The mayor is given unlimited power on the island, and is basically allowed to do whatever they want as long as it doesn't violate Shopper laws. The mayor also isn't allowed to violate any Freezonian laws, although this restriction exists purely on paper as the mayor can remove any law as they see fit.
The island is protected by the Chill Island Protection Force, a secret agency that also functions as a police force and the island's military. They don't have to do much thanks to the island's practically nonexistent crime rate, aside from a notorious french fry thief and excessively loud techno fans. The island is also sometimes plagued by mr skeltal's skeletal minions who attempt to steal the Meme Machine from The Ed, however they completely ignore other citizens unless they get in their way.
Aside from Shops Island itself, Chill Island has little to no contact with the rest of Antarctica and sticks to their own business. In rare cases where Chill Island has relations with other countries, it is because those countries initiated contact.
All applicable Shopper laws apply on Chill Island, but Chill has added some of his own laws as well, either for things that personally annoy him or just out of boredom, which is where some of the more ridiculous laws come from.
- Dance-Off Code - A document created by Chill in 2011 after it became a state of Shops Island. It states that if someone challenges the current mayor to a dance-off and wins, they become the rightful mayor of Chill Island. As no elections are ever held, this is the only way to replace the mayor.
- Saying "Jedis" or "Siths" within earshot of Chill is punishable by a 50 WB$ fine.
- Walking backwards while holding a plate of spaghetti at 2:45 PM on a Wednesday is illegal and punishable by a fine of 3 WB$ and a kiwi.
- Due to a misunderstanding of the processes of vampirism, anyone who doesn't cast a shadow will be arrested and questioned by the CIPF on suspicion of being a vampire.
Chill Island's economy is very good, mostly because of the mineshafts and caves below the island rich with valuable minerals, creating a lucrative mining industry.
All profits from the island's FreezeShop location go back into supporting the island and their endeavors economically. As a result, the citizens don't have to pay taxes, instead spending money for things they want or need and having that money going to supporting the island.
As Chill was a former resident, Chill Island is heavily influenced by Club Penguin culture. This is particularly noticeable with Wikibucks, which is very similar to the Coffee Shop, and in the island's celebrated holidays and Club Penguin-styled parties.
Chill Island's cuisine, much like Chill's taste in foods, is very simple and doesn't really have much that stands out. When asked, most residents would say the "signature food" of Chill Island is the various specialty fries at Mario's Fryz.
As a result of Chill Island's tendency to seemingly attract strange and sometimes even supernatural events, lots of folklore has come up among the citizens over the years, some of it more based in truth than others. Mayor Chill keeps a personal database of all the folklore about the island that he comes across for future reference, separating them into three categories; verified, unverified, and "lolno".
One particular figure who has attracted much attention in this regard is Carl the Fry Thief, whose mysterious nature and years of evading capture have created many theories about who he really is and stories about his exploits. The CIPF doesn't particularly help in this matter, often covering up stories about Carl out of shame for their incompetence in dealing with him, making it hard to verify what is and isn't true about him.
Unsurprisingly, a decent amount of Chill Island's folklore centers around Halloween, mostly involving the appearance of spooky figures. One of these figures, who has attracted a somewhat sizable following, is "the Great Jacko", a Santa Claus-like figure who visits Chill Island every Halloween and leaves toys for good chicks, while naughty chicks instead receive a whack on the head with his bag of toys. Despite his popularity, the CIPF has been unable to verify the existence of the Great Jacko.
Chill Island has very few holidays that are officially recognized by the government, mostly holidays that are celebrated on Club Penguin. Because of Chill Island's oddly tropical climate, Chill insists on covering the island in a synthetic snow-like substance created by Professor Prepostera every December to celebrate Christmas "properly".
Much like on Club Penguin, all of these holidays are celebrated with island-wide parties, with the exception of Orange Juice Appreciation Day, which is combined with the Kermit Party. These also coincide with FreezeShop's parties, with the exception of Founder's Day, although the local FreezeShop location offers lots of sales and free items during the Founder's Day Party.
|March 17th||St. Patrick's Day|
|April 1st||April Fools' Day|
|May 4th||Orange Juice Appreciation Day|
|May 9th||Kermit's Birthday/St. Kermit's Day|
|June 4th||Founder's Day|
Chill Island's most popular sport by far is baseball. The island's baseball team is the Chill Island Gnomes, which was formed in 2012 shortly after the creation of the Shopper Baseball Association. Several names were suggested for the team, but ultimately Gnomes was chosen because of their pointy hats resembling party hats. The team's mascot is the Party Gnome, a gnome wearing a Club Penguin 5th Anniversary Hat. At first, the team merely played in an open field with some benches set up. Following the conclusion of the 2014 season, a proper baseball field was built where the Gnomes would play their games. It was named Penquino Field, in honor of Chill's best friend Penquino who was involved in the early promotion of the SBA.
Aside from baseball, soccer has been growing in popularity in recent years, despite lack of interest on Shops Island. Water sports, particularly surfing, are also popular for recreation. Interestingly, there is nearly no interest for hockey, Shops Island's most popular sport, despite Hockey Manlet's rising popularity among Freezonians.
There is no schoolhouse whatsoever, so all residents wishing to get an education must take online courses or travel elsewhere. Chill Island does have an official website containing a crash course teaching the basics, such as spelling, math, and the like.
In late 2013, a small boarding school was built on the Southeast coast of Southern Shops, so that Freezonian chicks seeking an education can take a ferry back and forth.
- Allie N. - An alien from an unknown planet who accidentally crashed her spaceship on Chill Island. Despite her poor attempts at trying to fit into normal penguin society, constantly asking about spaceship parts in casual conversation, and making her first appearance in public almost immediately after the crash, nobody has caught on to her true nature yet.
- Carl the Fry Thief - A notorious fry thief and the island's most wanted criminal. Despite breaking into and stealing fries from Mario's Fryz nearly every night since August 21, 2015, he has never been brought to justice by the CIPF.
- Chill57181 - The mayor and settler of the island, director of the Chill Island Protection Force, and vice president of Shops Island.
- DJ Duke - The Grandmaster DJ of the Techno State.
- The Ed - Operator and guardian of the Meme Machine, and an agent of EPF Antilles.
- "Fishy" Moe - Fishing enthusiast and proprietor of Moe's Bait and Tackle.
- Ghast Lee - The ghost of a researcher who was studying the island's society in the 1870s before being killed in the storm that devastated it. He now resides in the haunted house, scaring away any who dare enter.
- Java Jess - The barista at Wikibucks.
- Jeral Lukewarm - The CIPF's extremely incompetent intern, notorious for spilling coffee and ruining paperwork and inventions.
- John C. Beckson - The gruff editor-in-chief of Chill Island's newspaper, the Daily Egg.
- Henchman - Radztur's loyal minion.
- Kalen - A top agent of the CIPF and Prepostera's personal favorite, although Chill doesn't like him.
- Kalla Pao - The owner of the Pao Bakery. She also bakes all of the food, most of which are either her own creations or come from family recipes.
- Kyle - The first CIPF tank model drone.
- Mario Arkay - Chill's best friend, currently living off the books following his apparent death in 2013.
- Pensturu - A very honoru penguin and one of the island's coolest residents. He is very popular with the residents and known for spreading wise sayings he finds on fortune cookies.
- Prawn - An eccentric art-loving penguin and the proprietor of the Museum of Underappreciated Works of Pure Art. He often finds deep artistic meaning in the most mundane of objects.
- Professor Prepostera - An inventor, owner of Prepostera Enterprises, and the CIPF's tech lead.
- Radztur - A supervillain and Chill's self-proclaimed arch-nemesis, plotting to ruin his life from his hideout in the island's sprawling tunnels.
- Raveous - A cyborg who augmented his body specifically to improve his dancing skills. He is the Lord of the Dance of the Techno State.
- Roger - A washed up Snoss War Bot repaired by The Ed.
- Tyler - The first of the CIPF drones, later promoted to Drone Commander.
- What Tambourine - A notorious techno superfan, infamous for constantly blaring techno music at volumes no one should be able to enjoy. He is the President of the Techno State, an unrecognized microstate within Chill Island.
The majority of the island is flat and barren in the south, making it ideal for development.
The northeast region contains a mountain range on the edge of the island with nature trails through them, the tallest of which is Mount Yorkie. There is also a volcano in this mountain range, although Professor Prepostera estimates it won't erupt anytime soon and poses no threat to the current citizens of Chill Island.
The northwest region is heavily forested and has been left mostly untouched. This forest has been dubbed the Creepy Forest because of the thick vegetation, allowing very little amounts of sunlight to make it through the trees in the daytime and making it nearly pitch black at nighttime, occasionally illuminated by fireflies. The landmarks in the area are also somewhat unsettling, as it contains the haunted house, various other ruins of the original civilization, and a dark cave that leads into Chill Island's complex tunnels, although the entrance has been fenced off. Despite all this, Chill says there is no danger in entering the forest, as the only other creatures on the island are harmless puffles. The only real "danger" is getting lost, although as the island itself is so small, waddling in a straight direction will lead back to either civilization or the edge of the island within a day. However, some campers have reported strange and frightening noises in the forest, particularly near the haunted house.
The southeast region is home to Banana Beach, a highly popular spot for Freezonians and tourists alike. It received its name because of the banana trees scattered around the area, and also because Chill thought it looked banana-shaped when seeing what it looked like from above.
In contrast to the relative simplicity on the surface, underground there is a complex network of tunnels sprawling throughout the entire island. Due to the complexity of the tunnels, citizens are not allowed to enter for their own safety, and only miners and emergency workers are permitted in. There are legends of rooms deep in the tunnels filled with treasure, a "magic cave", and even interdimensional portals, but these have not been verified by any of the miners who have traveled through them. The CIPF headquarters used to be located in a large natural room, but the entrance was sealed off following renovations in 2013.
Points of interest
- Haunted House - An old, decrepit house, and the last remnant of the island's original society. It is haunted by Ghast Lee, who was living there at the time of his death.
- Mine Shack
- Mayor's House - Chill's residence whenever he isn't on Shops. His puffles live here full-time as well. It is somewhat small, but has two stories; the first floor contains a foyer, living room, and kitchen, and the second floor contains a bathroom and Chill's bedroom, which doubles as his office. Below the house is what Chill refers to as the "basement of doom", getting its name from the unorganized mess and sheer amount of stuff Chill stores down there. There is also a secret attic inside the giant party hat on the roof. There are multiple cameras connected to the CIPF's surveillance system throughout the house, although these remain inactive unless personally toggled by Chill, because he's paranoid that Agent Kalen is watching him.
- CIPF Headquarters - The base of operations of the Chill Island Protection Force, located underneath the island. It was originally a large natural room within Chill Island's tunnels, which merely housed the agency's surveillance system, but was renovated in 2013 as a proper headquarters. These renovations also added Professor Prepostera's laboratory.
- Wikibucks - A typical coffee shop, heavily influenced by the one on Club Penguin. As a joke, Wikibucks sells "Excessively Overpriced Coffee", which is exactly the same as its normal coffee but comes with a special foam cup and "the feeling that you wasted your money". Much like Club Penguin's Coffee Shop, Wikibucks has a book room on the second floor. Its name is a pun on the Snowbucks chain and Wiki-Buck$, the currency of Shops Island.
- Mario's Fryz - A fast food restaurant best known for its signature fries. Other items on the menu include hamburgers, hot dogs, shakes, and other typical fast food fare. Since August 2015, it has been robbed by Carl the Fry Thief on a nightly basis, despite countless attempts to apprehend him. It is named after Chill's best friend Mario Arkay, but he has never actually worked at the restaurant nor was he involved in its establishment.
- Moe's Bait and Tackle
- Chill Island International Airport
- Bank of Chill Island
- Daily Egg Headquarters
- Pao Bakery - A bakery ran by Kalla Pao. Every day, the store sells a new batch of freshly-made bread, pies, donuts, muffins, cakes, bagels, and more. It is a popular stop for Freezonians in the morning to pick up something for breakfast just after it came out of the oven. LMGT became their number one customer after buying the entire day's supply of donuts while visiting Chill Island once.
- Techno Club - A night club operated by the Techno State, where they often host loud parties. It occupies the former Prepostera Enterprises building.
- International Party Hat Museum
- Radztur's Lair - The secret base of the villainous Radztur, somewhere inside Mount Yorkie and accessed through the island's tunnels. From here, Radztur plots his evil schemes, mass produces DoomBots, and watches TV.
- Pizza Time
- Penquino Field - A baseball field and the home field of the Chill Island Gnomes.
- Museum of Underappreciated Works of Pure Art
- Tenorio Hotel - One of Donal Tenorio's many business ventures. It is located near Banana Beach. Construction began in late 2018, and is currently in progress.
Because of the island itself being rather small, cars are not used. Citizens usually just walk where they need to go, though use of conventional items for short-term travel, such as skateboards, hoverboards, and roller skates aren't uncommon.
Airplanes and boats are also used, but only to leave and enter the island.
- Main article: Chill Island Protection Force
Because of the island's small size and the lack of major threats to their safety, the CIPF's Military Division fills the role of its military.
In sharp contrast to Shops Island, which is often colder than the majority of Antarctica during the winter, Chill Island has an oddly tropical climate year-round, but the penguins are able to survive in it just fine. Nobody knows how this happened.
|Shops Island||Shops Island||Shops Island|
|Seal Islands||Seal Islands|