| Civ Island is an average quality article, but could be even better!
Take this article to the next level, and perhaps even further, by editing it, adding pictures, creating more sections, and adding links to make it a High Quality Article, or possibly an Ultra Quality Article!
The flag of Civ Island
|National name||Culldrome Colony of Civ Island|
|Location||Very far western Culldrome Isles|
|Outline of the Culldrome Isles|
Nightmare of Culldrome
Battle of Culldrome
Shadow of Culldrome
|States, Islands and Territories|
The Axle Powers
Confederacy of Independent Culldrome
Civ Island (officially the Culldrome Colony of Civ Island) is a small island colony located to the far west of the Culldrome Isles. It is very remote and isolated from the rest of the country, being the most farthest and smallest holding of Culldrome. It was founded in early 2014, towards the end of the Culldrome Civil War. Civ Island acted as a place of refuge for the many that were displaced during the war and attracted many who favoured its isolation and climate.
Civ Island was a small island located in the middle of a vast ocean. The island is thought to have been formed through volcanic means in ancient times. The island is believed to have been inhabited thousands of years ago by Adelie Penguins. It is believed that there was a small population on the island, which left sometime in the 5th-10th century, possibly due to volcanic activity.
Due to the island's isolation, it had remained undiscovered for thousands of years. It was located far from any settlement or trade route. Prior to its 2014, there are no known records of the island even existing.
In January 2014, Civ Island was settled upon by the Culldrome Isles. The colony was created after the outbreak of the Culldrome Civil War and the Confederacy of Independent Culldrome taking over much of the archipelago. The settlers were sent out by Culldrome's Supreme Leader, Steven Snowen, who wanted to found a peaceful settlement in case all of Culldrome gets taken over.
The capital of the colony, called Meier, was established soon after the colony's founding and later became the de facto capital of the country. Several exploration parties scouted the entire island. Before long three more settlements were founded, Newnia, Tal and Wode. The colony slowly grew as more settlers arrived and infrastructure was developed.
Today, Civ Island is Culldrome's smallest territory and has become somewhat of a tourist spot, due to its tropical climate. It has also attracted many inhabitants who favored peace and quiet living, contrasted to busy city life.
Civ Island, although small, has four main settlements.
- Meier - The capital of the colony and home to 15,000 colonists. This is the largest Culldrom sphere of influence in the area. It has a very large port, with dozens of ships coming in and out, both delivering goods and exporting oil and agricultural produce. Meier is the site of the Civ Island Colonial Capitol, from which the colony is governed from. It is also home to a lot of hotels, where many tourists stay at and visit the nearby forests and beaches. In the city, is Meier Square, a large bustling marketplace and meeting place for the citizens. Thousands of tourists visit the city at one time, arriving in from ships or the island's airstrip to the north.
- Newnia - The second largest town of the colony. It is the industrious town of Civ Island, in contrast to the more trade and tourist based economy of Meier. Newnia is home to a small mining facility, which provides some of the colony's income and industry. There are also a few tiny deposits of oil, with most of it being refined and used locally and only a small portion is exported. This makes Civ Island totally independent when it comes to oil, resulting in dirt cheap fuel and industry. The area around Newnia is deforested and converted to industrial use. A small airstrip are located here, providing rapid access to the island. A military base is also here, housing troops to protect the island or to launch from in time of war.
- Tal - Located on the banks of the Tal River and Mount Tal lies the town named after the two. Tal is a small settlement located in a densely forested region of Civ Island. Known for its isolation, the town is quiet, peaceful and self-sustaining. Many farms stretch out on the banks of the Tal River, which provides food to several hundred inhabitants of the settlement and the rest of the island. Due to the warm climate, plantations of sugar and Soda Root are grown, generating income for the island.
- Wode - Wode is a settlement home to a thousand penguins, located in the shadow of Mount Wode. The town built atop hilly terrain, with roads winding up and down. Wode is also a small tourist town, attracting few tourists into its peaceful and quiet atmosphere. Tourists are also attracted to the town's mountain with many coming to hike up to it and, in the winter months, experience the small amount of snow on the peak. Due to its unique geography, several oil deposits are found here.
Civ Island is a small island located in the isolated seas of the Antarctic. The island is basically made up of three volcanoes which merged into one large landmass over time. The volcanic mountains are Mount Tal (703 m), Mount Wode (622 m) and Mount Wonder (587 m). Besides the tall mountains, there are a few hills rising above the terrain.
The entire island is filled with dense forests, although the areas around the settlements have been cleared of forests, excluding Tal. The coasts of the islands are lined with sandy beaches, with some rocky areas towards the island's east. The island also has several rivers, the two major ones being the Tal River and Civ River. The rivers provide fresh water to the settlements, but are also supplemented by by deep underground aquifers. The soils are fertile, due to its location, making the island a prime agricultural hotspot.
The seas around Civ Island are calm and shallow. The winds that blow through the island are also calm. Due to this many visit Civ Island to both relax and to visit the local attractions and hotels.
- Civ Island is a reference to the Civilization series of games.
- The capital, Meier, is a reference to the creator of the series Sid Meier.
- The office of the developers of the hit game, Nations are located in the capital, Meier.