Club Penguin Fanon Wiki:Administrators
Different users have access to different functions of the site. While anyone can do most things on the site, including reading and editing, administrators can access a few additional functions.
These additional functions include:
- All powers that a Patroller has.
- Locking (protecting) a page so it cannot be edited or renamed by users without admin rights or autoconfirmed status.
- Blocking IP addresses or user names from editing; and very quick "rollback" of undesirable edits.
- Editing the interface by changing system messages and skins.
A bureaucrat can make other users into bureaucrats or administrators on their own wiki. However, they are not currently able to remove admin access from any user; please contact one of the community team if you need that done.
Bureaucrats can also give users the ability to "rollback" edits not made in good faith.
CPW Staff have full access to the hosted wikis. A list is here.
Who are this wiki's administrators?
The "founder" of a wiki, the person who first requested it, is given administrator access automatically. Founders are also given bureaucrat access so they can make any other user on their wiki an administrator or bureaucrat. For a complete list of users with administrator access, see Special:Listusers/sysop.
- Fully Active - These are the best users to contact when you need an administrator. They log on and edit on a regular basis.
- Partially Active - These users log on from time to time, usually once every few days. These users are good to contact, but not for emergencies. These users may be active on IRC, but not fully active here. You may wish to visit our IRC channel to see them and the rest of the Active Admins.
- Inactive - Do not contact these users. They do not log on at all. They will be demoted soon. Whether or not they will keep their rights is currently being discussed (usually on our IRC channel).
- Away - These users are currently away. (e.g. on vacation.), and their temporary inactivity has been excused.
Note: Some admins use different names on IRC, which are not their wiki usernames.
|Administrator name||Signature prototype||Promotion date||IRC nick(s)||Time zone||Bureaucrat?||Staff?||Status|
|Amigopen SAFETY DANCE! Eyy!||15 April 2012||Amigopen, Natashi||EST +10 (East Australian time)||No||No||Fully Active|
|Bro Talk to me! CHRISTMAS IS THE REASON FOR THE SEASON!||1 June 2013||Bro_, TheBroMaster||GMT -5 (Eastern/EST)||No||No||Fully Active|
|User:Swiss Ninja (My Talk Page)||14 August 2010||Swissy, Swiss_Ninja||GMT -8 (Pacific)||Yes||No||Partially Active|
|ULSK12 • Talk • Contribs My new school is trying to kill me by taking away my happiness.||2012||ULSK12, iStar||No||No||Partially Active|
|TurtleShroom||GMT -5 (Easten Standard)||Yes||No||Partially Active|
|1 June 2013||XTUX345||No||No||Inactive|
To briefly know who each admin is, click here.
How do I use administrator powers?
See the administrators' how-to guide for a guide on using admin functions.
Becoming an administrator
For you to become an administrator, someone with bureaucrat access must make you one. On larger Wikia, there will usually be a community page for requests, with a page name such as "Club Penguin Fanon Wiki:Requests for adminship". On a smaller wiki, you may simply ask on the community portal or Forum, or ask a bureaucrat directly on his or her talk page.
If there are no active bureaucrats and you wish to become an administrator or adopt the wiki, please contact the CPW Staff. If there are other active editors but no active bureaucrats/admins, you should first discuss with them on who should become an admin, whether it be one of you, or all of you.
What can administrators not do?
Administrators should not use their administrator powers to settle editing disputes; for example, to lock a page on a version he or she prefers in an editing dispute that isn't vandalism. Administrator powers should be used to help keep the wiki clear of vandalism, spam, and users who make malicious edits, but not for simple disagreements between users acting in good faith. Ideally an admin shouldn't be considered "in charge". The ideal admin is just someone who is trusted to have a few extra buttons and to use them for the benefit of the community.