Club Penguin Fanon Wiki:Administrators
Different users have access to different functions of the site. While anyone can do most things on the site, including reading and editing, administrators can access a few additional functions.
These additional functions include:
- Deleting and undeleting pages, and uploaded files.
- Reverting all edits a user has done on a page to the last revision by another user.
- Patrolling history of an edit.
- Locking (protecting) a page so it cannot be edited or renamed by users without admin rights or autoconfirmed status.
- Blocking IP addresses or user names from editing; and very quick "rollback" of undesirable edits.
- Editing the interface by changing system messages and skins.
A bureaucrat can make other users into bureaucrats or administrators on their own wiki. However, they are not currently able to remove bureaucrat access from any user (including themselves); please contact one of the Network Staff members if you need that done.
Bureaucrats can also give users the ability to "rollback" edits not made in good faith.
CPWN Staff have full access to the hosted wikis. A list is here.
Your Helpful Admins
- Fully Active - These are the best users to contact when you need an administrator. They log on and edit on a regular basis.
- Partially Active - These users log on from time to time, usually once every few days. These users are good to contact, but not for emergencies. These users may be active on IRC, but not fully active here. You may wish to visit our IRC channel to see them and the rest of the Active Admins.
- Inactive - Do not contact these users. They do not log on at all. They will be demoted soon. Whether or not they will keep their rights is currently being discussed (usually on our IRC channel).
- Away - These users are currently away. (e.g. on vacation), and their temporary inactivity has been excused.
Note: Some admins use different names on IRC, which are not their wiki usernames.
|Administrator name||Signature prototype||Promotion date||IRC nick(s)||Time zone||Bureaucrat?||Status|
|ARB honey b-bees?||13 December 2018||Rogue_Tvarkov, Rogue_One||GMT +8 (PST)||No||Fully Active|
|--CKAdmin||8 October 2014||CK, Penquino||GMT -5 (Eastern/EST)||Yes||Fully Active|
|--User:EDFan12345||16 August 2016||EDFan, EDFan12345, ^^, Bepis||GMT -5 (Eastern)||No||Fully Active|
|Wonderweez (Talk · Contribs)||13 November 2013||Wonderweez, can_u_not, Dr_Doge||GMT -5 (Eastern)||No||Fully Active|
ARB's core skills lie in anything and everything concerning characters and story writing, ranging from story research to plot flow and development all the way to narrative structure. Besides being a well-known writer, she is also known for her communication and mediation skills. She lives in the Philippines and follows GMT +8 or Philippine Standard Time, mostly active during her evenings and weekends.
CK is an active admin on the CPFW. He lives in the US, under Eastern Standard Time (three hours later than PST). Although not extremely skilled in one subject, such as making images or writing stories, CK has an even amount of skill for every subject, most notably article restoration and expansion. He's a good person to go to if you have any questions about the CPFW or its rules, or if you just need advice. He's also pretty good with general Wikicode (such as making templates or signatures), so be sure to ask him if you need any help in that department.
EDFan12345 is one of the oldest active members of the Club Penguin Fanon Wiki, having joined in Fall 2009. He is an avid country and military technology enthusiast, and is a good user to ask any questions about those subjects. If not actively editing the wiki, he can usually be reached most of the day EST on the IRC channel.
Wonderweez is the tech guru of the Club Penguin Fanon Wiki. He usually is more active on IRC than wiki editing wise, but he checks the RC everyday in the watch for vandals or people in need. He's usually one of the more fair of the admins and can help a case be resolved quickly and easily when needed. He edits around the morning EST and the evening to midnight EST. He can usually either be summoned or use the power of coincidence to help you. Speaking of coincidence, he is coincidentally also a staffer.
How do I use administrator powers?
See the administrators' how-to guide for a guide on using admin functions.
Becoming an administrator
For you to become an administrator, someone with bureaucrat access must make you one. On our wiki, you're supposed to go through a community page for requests, the "Requests for adminship". However, if you can't sign up there for some reason, you can always ask a bureaucrat directly on his or her talk page.
If there are no active bureaucrats and you wish to become an administrator or adopt the wiki, please contact the CPWN Staff. If there are other active editors but no active bureaucrats/admins, you should first discuss with them on who should become an admin, whether it be one of you, or all of you.
What can administrators not do?
Administrators should not use their administrator powers to settle editing disputes; for example, to lock a page on a version he or she prefers in an editing dispute that isn't vandalism. Administrator powers should be used to help keep the wiki clear of vandalism, spam, and users who make malicious edits, but not for simple disagreements between users acting in good faith. Ideally an admin shouldn't be considered "in charge". The ideal admin is just someone who is trusted to have a few extra buttons and to use them for the benefit of the community.