Club Penguin Fanon Wiki:Article Merging
Hi there! This is where we comprimise two articles based on one parody. We will decide on:
- Whether we should merge or not (new ones only)
- The new title
- What content?
So... COM-PRO-MISE and add more!!!
- 1 Instructions
- 2 Current Mergers
- 2.1 Micro Hard and Soft and XCube 360 into Micro Hard and Soft
- 2.2 Merge 3DMakes Series and 3DS Game Series into Snowtendo DS
- 2.3 Merge Fishway and SubDay into Pengway
- 2.4 Merge The Iceton Hotel and Walton Hotels and Resorts
First of all, the two sides will decide whether they want to merge. A majority rule vote decides whether to initiate a merge or not.
Next, the users decide which title to use. You may also add more titles to the fray. Once again, a majority rule vote decides which title to use.
Second, the users decide what content to use for the new article. For example, if two articles, one about snowballs and the other about icicles, were merged, the new article content could be about snowballs, icicles, or snow and ice formations in general. Once again, a majority vote decides the article's content.
Finally, the new article will be constructed based upon the previously built blueprint. The merger form is then deleted.
Here is an example: Project:Article Merging/Example
Micro Hard and Soft and XCube 360 into Micro Hard and Soft
The XCube 360 article is too small. It should be merged as a section of Micro Hard and Soft as the company made it.
- --Slenderman (talk) 09:09, 20 October 2013 (UTC)
- --Rogue's on it! AH! CONJURING! 03:28, 30 October 2013 (UTC)
- What about we just move it to XCube instead? It would then explain the XCube Original, 360, 360S and One.--Asemhar! Wut, wut, wut? 16:30, 20 October 2013 (UTC)
- Microhard is a company. The XCube is a game console. Those don't match. Like Asemnothar said, we could make a general XCube article. -- Yoshi11 16:49, 20 October 2013 (UTC)
- Or, we make a list of all of Microhard's products and place it there. I supports Asemnothar's idea.--Slenderman (talk) 04:24, 21 October 2013 (UTC)
- Micro Hard and Soft and the XCube aren't really matching in the subject I think it should just be merged into the name XCube. ---- Agent Isai (Talk)
Merge 3DMakes Series and 3DS Game Series into Snowtendo DS
It could be Snowtendo DS or a different Snowtendo article, but the 3DMakes Series and 3DS Game Series pages are way too small and unimportant to have their own articles, so it's either merge them or delete them.
- WannaTalk? 10:37, 8 November 2013 (UTC)
- --His Majesty Slenderman the White King (talk) 10:42, 8 November 2013 (UTC)
- --Quackerpingu (talk). Who let the puffles out? 09:30, 30 March 2015 (UTC)
- -- Mcdonalds394 The famous one of Mcdonalds City would like to chat with you! 02:30, 19 September 2015 (UTC)
- Reverse the merge: Merge into SubDay, as it's been around longer. ULSK12 • Talk • Contribs • I carry a GBA to school 09:11, 19 September 2015 (UTC)
- It was Merge into Pengway (non-existent right now) at first. I changed my vote, since Metrixtic changed it to Fishway. --Quackerpingu (talk). Who let the puffles out? 16:12, 19 September 2015 (UTC)
Merge The Iceton Hotel and Walton Hotels and Resorts
Both are parodies of Hilton. While Walton is much better written, Iceton has been around much longer. So, I propose that we merge them into a new page called Iceton Hotels and Resorts, with the ideals of the original but the content of the newer page.
The Iceton Hotel referred to in the article would still be the company's first and flagship branch. Whether it keeps its own page for that one location or it's merged into the history section is up for debate. WannaTalk? 22:21, 18 September 2015 (UTC)
- WannaTalk? 22:21, 18 September 2015 (UTC)
- -- Yoshi11 | Anyone need a tour guide? 23:58, 18 September 2015 (UTC)
- Since the Walton history is different than the Iceton, it'd either have to be erased (it is quite short), or something else, if anyone has ideas? WannaTalk? 22:27, 18 September 2015 (UTC)
- Eh, that's fine. The Walton article was only supposed to elaborate on some of my content anyways (which didn't work well). -- Yoshi11 | Anyone need a tour guide? 23:58, 18 September 2015 (UTC)