Club Penguin Fanon Wiki:Council
The Club Penguin Fanon Wiki Council is a legislation of users that discuss and vote on current topics and proposals. Archived topics go here, no matter the outcome.
- 1 Guidelines
- 2 The Table
- 3 Topics
- 3.1 Rename the Clubb Phengin Weekee (+5)
- 3.2 Tale (Story) of the Month (+2)
- 3.3 Delete some unneeded templates (+2)
- 4 Archives
- Any users that qualify according to our Voting Policy may vote in all topics presented in the council. Users that don't qualify to vote may still give their opinion in the comments section.
- Any user that qualifies to vote is allowed to open a council topic, though nonsense topics may be discarded without notification.
- The amount of time a topic will stay open for voting will be at the admins' discretion. A typical vote is open for about two weeks.
- Controversial topics which have a small vote differential (e.g. +1) may or may not pass. This will be discussed and decided among the administration.
- Demotion votes for users do not belong here; they get their own demotion vote page.
- We ask that all users who vote "neutral" state why they voted neutral, rather than choosing a side "For" or "Against". Neutral votes without an explanation will be removed.
- Topics that have been closed (or failed) must be closed for four months before a similar topic can be introduced.
- Votes regarding user rights and the Wall of Fame are not subject to this rule under the condition that the proposals are related to different users.
- Comments on topics should be constructive and add to the discussion, otherwise they may be removed.
The administration holds a special ability, called veto. When half of the present (active/partially active) administration votes against a proposal (if they have good reason for doing so), it will automatically be discarded, or vetoed.
Please use this formatting when adding a new topic. Place your topic at the bottom of the section, below the line. Don't forget to sign it!
===Topic name (+/- 0)=== :''Topic added on <current date; e.g. September 3, 2008>.'' :''Topic will be closed on <two weeks later>.'' Information about your topic goes here, including your arguments for. A more descriptive argument may convince people to join your side! ~~~~ ====For (0)==== ====Against (0)==== ====Neutral (0)==== ====Comments====
Rename the Clubb Phengin Weekee (+5)
- Topic added on August 1, 2018.
- Topic will be closed on August 15, 2018.
This is one of those parody names that doesn't really make sense, and was clearly only made for the sake of having a different name for a parody. The difference here is Club Penguin already exists in-universe. Why would the creators of the Weekee deliberately misspell the name of the island? Therefore, I propose that the Clubb Phengin Weekee and Unnderground Clubb Phengin Weekee are renamed to the Club Penguin Weekee and Underground Club Penguin Weekee respectively. --Chill57181 Talk Contributions My Articles 18:14, 1 August 2018 (UTC)
- --Chill57181 Talk Contributions My Articles 18:14, 1 August 2018 (UTC)
- --Brant (Talk) (Contributions) 04:10, 2 August 2018 (UTC)
- CKSysop 04:59, 2 August 2018 (UTC)
- -- QUACKERPINGU WITH BIG LETTERS! (talk). Contributions A link 08:58, 2 August 2018 (UTC)
- --ded sun child respawns every now and then 09:02, 2 August 2018 (UTC)
Tale (Story) of the Month (+2)
- Topic added on August 9, 2018.
- Topic will be closed on August 23, 2018.
Stories are underappreciated on this wiki in terms of how they are rewarded - barely any stories on Fanon have ever been nominated Featured Article and there are no quality ratings at all whatsoever for stories. I believe that we should create Tale of the Month (TotM), also known as Story of the Month (SotM), where people will be able to nominate specifically stories instead of any ordinary articles, and stories will be banned from being nominated for Featured Article. A story nominated can be any story at all, not just one that was made this month or during the last few months, which means you can nominate from any time period even if the story was finished years ago.
In addition to recognizing stories specifically, we also encourage users who might not typically read stories to actually read them and to find which one they would like to nominate and therefore encourage other users to see as well. Stories aren't typically nominated for Featured Article, so I think this could be a great idea to encourage users to read what many people on this wiki have written.
- --Penstubal (Talk) (Edits) 16:12, 9 August 2018 (UTC)
- ok -- QUACKERPINGU WITH BIG LETTERS! (talk). Contributions A link 17:15, 9 August 2018 (UTC)
- The idea of rating stories was actually thrown around, but not done for a few reasons. The first was that a story's quality is subjective, and a major factor when using LQA/AQA/HQA/UQA is the amount of content on a page. However, a story can simply just be short, and rating it LQA would be unfair. The templates also imply that there would be room for improving an already finished story just by adding filler. There was also the idea of a rating system for stories similar to the party reviews on CPW, but the small userbase and user bias were concerns that prevented it from being implemented. --Chill57181 (Talk - Contributions - My Articles) 17:51, 9 August 2018 (UTC)
Delete some unneeded templates (+2)
- Topic added on August 9, 2018.
- Topic will be closed on August 23, 2018.
There's a few templates used on Fanon that I think are completely pointless and should be deleted. These fall into two categories, amboxes and navboxes, and I will explain why I personally think they should be deleted.
- Walrus - Why do we need an article to tell us it involves walruses? Shouldn't that immediately be apparent from reading the article? This comes from an outdated time in the wiki's history when all walruses were related to a hacker group that plagued the wiki, but now there's good walrus characters like Iron Walrus, it doesn't seem relevant anymore.
- Evil - Similar to Walrus, if your character needs an ambox to tell you that they're evil, you're probably not writing them very well.
- OddPenguin and OddItem - Whether something is odd or not is subjective and should be up for the reader to decide. If after reading an article, the only reason you know the subject is supposed to be odd is because an ambox told you so, that's not a well written article.
- Warfare - This navbox is a strange one. The purpose of navboxes is to group together related subjects, like all the members of Darktan's Army for example. This on the other hand is literally everything violent thrown into one navbox. Guns, swords, bombs, tanks, nukes, wars, they're all here on this one template, but most have no real relation to each other.
- Humans - As far as I'm aware, humans are the only species on Fanon to have their own navbox (unless you count X-Antibodies as their own species) and yet are one of the least represented species on Fanon. This could easily be replaced with the already existing Humans category.
- --Chill57181 (Talk - Contributions - My Articles) 21:34, 9 August 2018 (UTC)
- --Mario Rk 08:09, 10 August 2018 (UTC)
- CKSysop 08:56, 10 August 2018 (UTC)
- I think Fanon has scores of templates that could be deleted or need to be completely remade to be aesthetically pleasing. An additional note for the Human template, in addition to the category, they could further be split into a list with their current "status" of beanhood on a list on the humans page, which wouldn't be too hard to keep track of since luckily there aren't many humans on the wiki. CKSysop 23:04, 9 August 2018 (UTC)
- Walrus and Evil are too dank to be deleted. -- QUACKERPINGU WITH BIG LETTERS! (talk). Contributions A link 07:31, 10 August 2018 (UTC)
|1||December 22, 2012 - January 8, 2013||Read||Read|