Club Penguin Fanon Wiki:Council
The Club Penguin Fanon Wiki Council is a legislation of users that discuss and vote on current topics and proposals. Archived topics go here, no matter the outcome.
- Any users that qualify according to our Voting Policy may vote in all topics presented in the council. Users that don't qualify to vote may still give their opinion in the comments section.
- Any user that qualifies to vote is allowed to open a council topic, though nonsense topics may be discarded without notification.
- The amount of time a topic will stay open for voting will be at the admins' discretion. A typical vote is open for about two weeks.
- Controversial topics which have a small vote differential (e.g. +1) may or may not pass. This will be discussed and decided among the administration.
- Demotion votes for users do not belong here; they get their own demotion vote page.
- We ask that all users who vote "neutral" state why they voted neutral, rather than choosing a side "For" or "Against". Neutral votes without an explanation will be removed.
The administration holds a special ability, called veto. When half of the present (active/partially active) administration votes against a proposal (if they have good reason for doing so), it will automatically be discarded, or vetoed.
Please use this formatting when adding a new topic. Place your topic at the bottom of the section, below the line. Don't forget to sign it!
===Topic name (+/- 0)=== Information about your topic goes here, including your arguments for. ~~~~ ====For (0)==== ====Against (0)==== ====Neutral (0)==== ====Comments====
Main page reforms: Update the Featured Image every fortnight (5)
I believe that the monthly updates to the featured image are good, but could be even better if they were every two weeks instead. My issue is, if this were to be done there'd have to be more suggested images (I added a link to where people can suggest images on the main page). I'd have no problem updating images every two weeks if people helped to supply the images, because my personal biggest annoyance updating it monthly is having to choose an image.
I or whoever's updating the FI would probably choose one of the suggested images, unless you wanted it to become a mini-vote where people "second", "third" a certain image and etc., just to show which you'd prefer to be shown. CKSysop/BOBmaster? 09:05, 8 February 2017 (UTC)
- -- Wikipenguino (talk • contribs • articles) Dank memes, m9 09:14, 8 February 2017 (UTC)
- --Penguinpuffdude We're going to crash land into SPRING! 09:22, 8 February 2017 (UTC)
- --Penstubal (Talk) (Edits) 12:17, 8 February 2017 (UTC)
- -Wonderweez (Talk · Contribs) 20:32, 8 February 2017 (UTC)
- --Quackerpingu (talk). Contributions A link 09:07, 10 February 2017 (UTC)
- I don't think a full vote page needs to be made for featured image, but making it more frequent would spice up the main page even more. It's also not very hard for one of six admins to update one template one extra time per month, and using the talk page to suggest images more often would incorporate a better level of user interaction and input. To me, it always feels like there's never enough opportunity to display all of the wiki's images, from old classics to new masterpieces. With OVER 9000 images on the wiki, I know we won't run out any time soon. CKSysop/BOBmaster? 09:05, 8 February 2017 (UTC)
- I'm all for FI, but perhaps it should be a thing that people should be able to vote for. -- Wikipenguino (talk • contribs • articles) Dank memes, m9 09:14, 8 February 2017 (UTC)
Main page reforms: TMYK
So, to start, there's no voting sections there's nothing to vote on quite yet, but they may be added if that changes. While I was bringing up possible changes to the main page, I wanted to bring up our good ol' pal, The More You Know, that hasn't been edited in almost a year (last edited for April Fools), and only 10 edits in the past two years. If you go to its talk page, you can see that in 2014 I tried to do something about it by getting community feedback/getting people involved, but that didn't work. So, it has a track record of just being left in the dust, but I still believe it has potential...
With that, I just wanted to open the discussion again like I did in 2014, because something has to be done. It could be removed from the mainpage and replaced with something else, it could be updated frequently like it's supposed to be, or some other option, but I wanted to bring up the issue again and let everyone discuss it. If consensus agrees on a specific idea, it may be added as a vote (or possibly implemented without a vote).
TL;DR- The current system isn't working (because life/laziness/etc are getting in the way of the admins) and the community should discuss the issue and agree on a good solution. CKSysop/BOBmaster? 09:05, 8 February 2017 (UTC)
Like I said, I still believe it has a ton of potential, and would be a good section if it were updated more often. Unfortunately, us admins just don't update it often enough. With that being my said, my preference for it would be to unprotect it for autoconfirmed users (similar to the news section), and figure a way to figure out who will update it, either by volunteering or choosing one admin/rollback/experienced user a week to update it. That way it wouldn't always be left only to the admins, but there'd also have to be a defined way to choose people to update it, so that there's no clashes among people, and mostly experienced users would be tasked to do so.
Another option would be to unprotect it and include the rollbacks in its development as well (maybe even task them with it altogether, to organize who's going to update it and when, could still ask the admins too), but since there are only two right now (and may not exceed that number for quite a while with our current user activity) that may become stressful for them. CKSysop/BOBmaster? 09:05, 8 February 2017 (UTC)
It should be unprotected and regular users should be allowed to add their things to it, but to prevent abuse I'd suggest only 1 TMYK allowed per user. Every TMYK remains on the page for 1 month, and once the TMYK has been on the page for more than 1 month it is removed and replaced with a brand new one. --Penstubal (Talk) (Edits) 12:17, 8 February 2017 (UTC)
- Maybe users could suggest their ideas and facts like they do for the Fanon and Canon events? -- Wikipenguino (talk • contribs • articles) Dank memes, m9 12:24, 8 February 2017 (UTC)
- I think that'd be a lot of micromanagement pen, having to track every user's one fact and hoing it's a good fact. I personally feel like specific updates would be better- tbh I was thinking weekly if possible. Wiki, your idea's also good, having a page for submissions would be a good way to have more facts as well as more user participation. CKSysop/BOBmaster? 02:30, 9 February 2017 (UTC)
|1||December 22, 2012 - January 8, 2013||Read||Read|