Club Penguin Fanon Wiki:IRC
Note: By clicking chat on the sidebar you get the chats for all three Wikis. If it doesn't work or you wish to log in on another account, read this.
- This documents instructions as to how to operate the IRC. For the formal setting used to discuss, propose, and consensus doctrine under Robert's Rules of Order, see "project:IRC Committee".
If you run an IRC client instead of Freenode's webclient, like ChatZilla, mIRC or if you run the web browser Opera, which has a client installed as default, join here.
We set up an IRC channel for the wiki to use. It is the unofficial method of chatting as of now but when the new skin phases in, this will be official. (or once we move, but if you do move, we're adding a shout box, but you should all use IRC)
To those who are new to IRC, these are steps on how to use IRC. It's just like the shoutbox other than the fact it has lots more commands and it auto-refreshes whenever someone says something.
- Click this link.
- Type up your user name in the user name box. IRC is not connected to Wikia so you can use different names but please don't impersonate anyone as we can find out.
- Type in the CAPTCHA and type in #clubpenguinfanon if it isn't there.
- Chat and follow the policies. :D
What are OPs (user with the @ symbol)?
OP is a power in IRC that is given to wiki administrators. OPs get a whole bunch more commands such as making someone else an OP, kicking users, banning users, etc. Essentially, Ops are the "Chat Moderators" of IRC.
Current flagged OPs
- All current CPFW Administrators
- Fully Active - These are the best users to contact when you need an administrator. They log on and edit on a regular basis.
- Partially Active - These users log on from time to time, usually once every few days. These users are good to contact, but not for emergencies. These users may be active on IRC, but not fully active here. You may wish to visit our IRC channel to see them and the rest of the Active Admins.
- Inactive - Do not contact these users. They do not log on at all. They will be demoted soon. Whether or not they will keep their rights is currently being discussed (usually on our IRC channel).
- Away - These users are currently away. (e.g. on vacation), and their temporary inactivity has been excused.
Note: Some admins use different names on IRC, which are not their wiki usernames.
|Administrator name||Signature prototype||Promotion date||IRC nick(s)||Time zone||Bureaucrat?||Status|
|Bro Talk to me!||7 March 2014||Bro, TheBroMaster||GMT -5 (Eastern/EST)||Yes||Inactive|
|CKSysop/BOBmaster?||8 October 2014||CK, Cp_kid||GMT -5 (Eastern/EST)||Yes||Fully Active|
|¤ (User page!) (Talk page.)||17 July 2015||NJN||GMT +0 (UTC)||No||Partially Active|
|ULSK12 • Talk • Contribs • BATCHIRIMINAAAAAA||20 October 2012||ULSK12, iStar, SmasherSK12||GMT +9 (Korea/KST)||No||Inactive|
|Wonderweez (Talk · Contribs)||13 November 2013||Wonderweez, can_u_not, Dr_Doge||GMT -5 (Eastern)||No||Partially Active|
|--User:EDFan12345||16 August 2016||EDFan, EDFan12345, ^^||GMT -5 (Eastern)||No||Fully Active|
- All CPWN Staff Members
- Seahorse (Seahorseruler)
A flag let's you automatically or manually become an OP when you log into IRC.