Club Penguin Fanon Wiki:Code of Conduct and Policy
The Club Penguin Fanon Wiki wishes to have a database that is helpful to visitors and safe & easy for editing. In case there is any inappropriate behavior, we will have to take action and enforce it. This policy (also referred to as the COC) lists all the rules of editing on this wiki and the consequences of breaking these rules. If you have any questions, take it to the talk page. In order to keep count of all offenses, we have an administrators' wiki (only admins can read it).
The policy has total control over everything that goes on, including votes, nominations, editing, and even promotions. If a user is blocked or has a long blocking history, admins could stop the user from doing certain things such as nominations or being promoted due to not following the policy. Admins can also decide for a user not to be promoted if they are not trustworthy.
The 9 NO Policies (Policy Category I: Code of Conduct)
These are the 9 NOs. Please click on them to view them in detail.
- No swearing. (Section 1)
- No bullying. (Section 2)
- No spamming or negatively changing articles. (Section 3)
- No links to inappropriate sites. (Section 4)
- No abusing your available powers. (Section 5)
- No advertising sub pages, products, or websites. (Section 6)
- No making fun of other people's race, nationality or gender. (Section 7)
- No abusing multiple accounts. (Section 8)
- No fights. (Section 9)
Article Guideline (Policy Category II)
- OOC Policy <---- MOST IMPORTANT POLICY ON THIS WIKI. MANDATORY TO READ.
- Mary Sue Policy - Also important; please read to understand our limits on character abilities and such.
- Articles of Articles Policy - our rules about editing and articles.
- Manual of Style (under active revision)
Other Policies (Policy Category III)
- Imagery Policy
- Account Responsibility Policy
- Userpage Policy
- Signature Policy
- IRC Policy
- Voting Policy
- Consensus Policy
- Quitting Policy
- Early Unblocking Policy
- Ban Evasion Policy
- Rights and Inactivity Policy
- Articles Disputes
- Other Block Policy
- Plagiarism Policy
- Children on the Wiki Policy
Policies that still require revision or community support, but are nonetheless worth reading and some are extensions of existing policy.
- Wikia Policy- We still hold jurisdiction over Wikia Fanon and welcome new users from there
- All editors are equal- An editor's status, popularity, or in-game experience does not affect how they are treated and how their opinion is "weighed" in a discussion.
- Assume good faith- Unless there is conclusive evidence to the contrary, always assume that an editor's actions were an attempt to improve the wiki.
- Don't delete discussions- Don't delete previous discussions. These include user talk pages.
- Don't feed the trolls- Do not antagonise trolls under any circumstances. It may worsen the situation.
- Gaming the system- Use common sense. Don't interpret policies and editors word-for-word.
- User block policy- Blocking is how administrators prevent a user account or IP address from editing the Club Penguin Fanon Wiki. Blocked users and IP addresses can read all the articles, but cannot edit any pages other than their own talk page. Blocked users are also prevented from moving pages or uploading files.
- User treatment policy- Be nice and don't try to cause unnecessary strife.
- This does NOT mean, however, that the rule is nullified.
- Have fun editing here!