Club Penguin Fanon Wiki talk:Requests for Adminship
I think we have enough sysops here. So many users from the CP Wiki come here and try to be sysops and beurocrats when they barely have any edits! We have too many kings and not enough servants, If you see what I'm saying.
I've made more edits than POGOPUNK32 but they're requesting to be a bureaucrat. I think I'll request to be one too. -- Talk to me! Please! I'm lonely... 12:21, 7 February 2009 (UTC)
In my opinion, edit count is not that much of a big issue, but it's just a minor reference. Skill, determination and devotion to this wiki are probably the only things that truely matter. File:PogoPunk32.png (Talk to me!)
Hey! Austin8310 here. I have...um...43 edits! Can I be a rollback or lower? Austin8310
43 only? Dude, I think rollbacks oughta have, like, between 200-300 edits. Try to get a few more edits, then you can request.
Also, rollback is probably the lowest admin position there is.
Here are the positions (by order)
- User (either IP Adress or Autoconfirmed User)
- Autoconfirmed user
- Then staff, helper, janitor, etc.
Dancing Penguin http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/clubpenguin/images/6/6c/Smile_spin.gif (Talk!) 22:30, 27 February 2009 (UTC)
I highlighted all the admin positions.
If this is protected, how can anyone who doesnt have adminship APPLY FOR ADMINSHIP??? Use your noggins, people!
Should we put the dates about when the votings are over and whether you become a admin or not? --The Leader 16:28, 28 April 2009 (UTC)
A message to Bugzy....
If you're reading this please apply for Sysopship before time runs out. You'd be awsome at it. --Speeddasher
Bugzy said he doesn;t want it. He prefers pure rollback. I promoted him twice, once to test powers and for walri attacks, and requested a demotion all the time. --22:07, 5 July 2009 (UTC)
I can't vote
'Cos someone protected the page. The ADMIN REQUESTS page. Who did that?--NotAnEditor 11:27, 16 July 2009 (UTC)
Yiu need more edits for acception. --11:28, 16 July 2009 (UTC)
I can't VOTE!!!--NotAnEditor 10:51, 17 July 2009 (UTC)
You need edits for confirmation of voting. --12:05, 17 July 2009 (UTC)
Sorry, why are you talking about Edits? It's how long you've had this account that is checked, not your Edit Count.See? ANd anyway, why can't I vote? I have an OK Edit Count on another account, but that account is BANNED so I can't vote.--NotAnEditor 18:30, 18 July 2009 (UTC)
Hi there, I am not going to vote, I just want to say something to everyone applying for rollback. Only apply for rollback if you are going to help the wiki get rid of vandalism. I think Explorer has already established this somewhat, so I ask for him to get the word out. This doesn't mean give up on becoming an admin, users should be able to apply for sysop without being a rollback - so instead of applying for rollback first and then sysop, apply for sysop if you think you have enough edits or dedication. Remember, there is no ranking system. And no, this isn't a way to de-fanonise this wiki, I just want to raise the hopes up for users that want to become sysops, and I am not trying to reduce the amount of sysops - on the contrary in fact. --Tigernose Talk 22:43, April 6, 2010 (UTC)
Again I am not trying to make you like another wiki. This is all but doing that. I'm trying to be benificial even, I'm telling users to stop applying for rollback, and start applying for sysop if they meet the criteria. If someone wants to be a sysop, it's a lot faster than becoming a rollback first. Just saying. Also, Explorer even said this. --Tigernose Talk 22:49, April 6, 2010 (UTC)
Who opened this?
Why is the RfA open? We already have enough sysops and crats, so why is the RfA open? And don't tell me it's open because the old government is dissolved. That doesn't mean you can throw all our policies and previous rules out! Yours Truly, Explorer 767 (Turtle King, Propeller Lord. Together they dominate the universe.) View this template 13:26, August 14, 2010 (UTC)
- I agree, I was reinstated and then RS was promoted (and demoted), Austin was, Dan was promoted to Bcrat while Akbaboy, Swiss Ninja and 12yz12ab requests too! It's madness! --Pyro Spy sappin' mah sentry! sentry down! 17:54, August 14, 2010 (UTC)
- TurtleShroom did it. 17:56, August 14, 2010 (UTC)
If there are two "slots" open, then that means there is room for 2 new admins to be picked. So two "slots" but only one person getting picked is kind of illogical :S (It would be 1 slot/1 picked or 2 slots/2 picked). Also can anyone add themselves to the RfA? I'm not, but i'm just curious. Last thing, can I add a comments section to bro's RfA? Cp kid Wanna Talk? 16:44, 26 May 2013 (UTC)
- Uh yeah, I guess. Or maybe not... --ARB of RUSSIA!!! (Well technically, I live in the Philippines, but who's counting?) 03:39, 28 May 2013 (UTC)
Are rollback slots currently open ? If not, when will slots be open ? User:Slenderman
Alright inform me as soon there are slots available. And what's the difference between sysop and rollback ? Does sysop exist now ? Is there any other admin position beside bureaucrats, administrators, rollbacks and sysops ? User:Slenderman
Speaking of rollback positions, I thought that according to TS that a wiki can never have enough rollbacks? Plus, rollback is just... rollback, the downgrade of patroller since you can't delete pages with rollback. So technically, patroller isn't the same as rollback, so the name shouldn't be used the same :S (patroller is just a discontinued user right). WannaTalk? 10:13, 25 October 2013 (UTC)
- Rollbacks have the ability to undo several edits made by a single user on an article at once, typically for combating vandalism. In all honestly it's a glorified rollback button. --User:EDFan12345 01:21, 14 February 2017 (UTC)
- In terms of function, admins can delete pages, protect pages and edit any protected page including MediaWiki pages, promote rollbacks and admins, demote rollbacks, block/unblock users, and they also get all the powers rollbacks and importers have. Bureaucrats are basically the same, except they can promote other bureaucrats and demote admins. Of course, that doesn't touch on the authority and responsibilities admins have, which varies from wiki to wiki. --Chill57181 (Talk - Contributions - My Articles) 00:49, 3 December 2018 (UTC)
- You can see what every user group can do here --User:EDFan12345 01:14, 3 December 2018 (UTC)