| Doom Weed is an average quality article, but could be even better!
Take this article to the next level, and perhaps even further, by editing it, adding pictures, creating more sections, and adding links to make it a High Quality Article, or possibly an Ultra Quality Article!
A beautiful plant, but it has thorns!
| Unusvere nocensdies|
The Doom Weed pretty much covers all of Antarctica, as long as a shifty character is around.
The Doom Weed (Scientific name: Unusvere nocensdies, Latin for "One truly bad day") is a black, neon plant that creates a dark, billowy atmosphere around the location. When eaten, the plant grants great power, but at a price. The consumer constantly needs to eat more Doom Weeds, or else the bearer's powers will start to ebb, and when returned to normal, they will live the rest of their existence with a nasty, incurable bubble gum aftertaste, as well as the inability to enjoy desserts. Forever.
Doom Weeds dramatically change one's appearance; for the rest of the eater's life, they will remain an odd, glowing purple color. It doesn't require water or sunlight to flourish; as long as villains roam the land then it will spawn. The more bad deeds done, the more frequent they appear. You can tell if a Penguin or any other creature has feasted on a Doom Weed due to two black colored wings marked on their chest.
The Doom Weed does not change the eater's personality, but it does make them look slightly evil. Good or bad creatures can eat the Doom Weed, and both will gain the same powers. How they use those powers is up to them. That's called "free will".
The Doom Weed is not addictive, but the powers will only continue if more Doom Weeds are eaten.
Little is known about this mysterious and ancient plant, the Doom Weed is believed to be thousands of years old. Penguins have not been able to research the plant directly, or they risk suffering from hallucinations. They flourish in massive numbers in explicitly bad locations, such as Ban Island, and it has been confirmed that they also grow in Hackzon Valley (Doom Weeds are not native to Hackzon Valley, they are merely made of binary code. The Doom Weeds in Hackzon Valley are not as potent as the real ones). It is quite rare to find a Doom Weed anywhere else in the USA, or Club Penguin Island. However, in Mission 11 and 12 of the popular game Club Penguin: Secret Agents, they seem to be spawning at a regularity.
Green Doom Weed
In 1964, a group of Batavian scientists commenced a series of experiments on Doom Weeds imported from the Hackzon Valley. In doing so, they created a new species of Doom Weed, known as Green Doom Weed. Like it's predecessor, Green Doom Weed also has an eerie glow, but is green, and the infamous permanent bubble gum aftertaste sensation is comepletely removed. Instead, with the help of induced Ditto B, penguins who ingest Doom Weed for long periods of time suffer from long-term neurological damage, and overuse in a certain period of time can lead to death. It is highly addictive once one starts to eat it or intake it in any fashion.
Despite it's addictive capabilities, the Batavian Scientists did not intend the plant to be used for consumption. Instead, it was made to be alternative source for cotton and polyester in the textile industry as well as other things such as concrete substitutes and paper. Unlike its leaves, the Green Doom Weed's seeds are safe to eat without any adverse effects.
It's sale and production is highly restricted in most countries, though in Batavia, they are sold with regular Doom Weeds in special stores called "Coffee Shops". (Unfortunately named after CP's Coffee Shop and have nothing to do with coffee)
Doom Weeds have been found in Mission 11 and Mission 12 of the popular game Club Penguin: Secret Agents. In Mission 11, Herbert's clone consumed it directly, and took on the alias Herbert Horror, and in Mission 12 it grew in a secret room in the Dojo, where Sensei Wraith hides out.
- The Doom Weed resembles quite like a flower grown from a cactus.
- According to Sensei Wraith, the Doom Weed tastes like brussel sprouts.
- The regular Doom Weed is not addictive, but the powers will only last if the user eats more Doom Weeds.
- The Dorkugese are allergic to Doom Weeds.
- Denno Senshi might have got his powers from a Doom Weed
- Craáin Sensei has a Doom Weed Card Jitsu card.
- Since the Doom Weed can not control the good, Darktan created the Headcrab.
- They are often smuggled in by gangsters like Bugzy.
- Coool41 is the most recent Doom Weed user but it was biologically altered for one use: it erased almost all of his memory's.
- Pigma55 is immune to doom weeds, disregarding the fact he works for Darktan.
- Penguins that are neither good or evil that consume the Doom Weed are known as Hawtliss.
- It has been highly advised to not attempt to SMOKE Doom Weed. Penguins who have done so have become a new subspecies of penguins known only as "Rockers" who have terrible social skills, accuracy, and memory and the most confidence about all three.
- Falco has some sort of weakness to Doom Weed.