| Earth is an average quality article, but could be even better!
Take this article to the next level, and perhaps even further, by editing it, adding pictures, creating more sections, and adding links to make it a High Quality Article, or possibly an Ultra Quality Article!
| This page needs a review
This article either has no quality rating, or has a possibly outdated rating! As such, a user requested that it be reviewed, and a proper quality rating is added to the page.
| Earth is Fair Game!
This article is about something that exists in the real world, and therefore it is fair game, which means anybody can edit it, without having to worry about OOC (out-of-character) rules! (within good reason)
Image of the Earth, courtesy of the PASA.
|Star, Position||Sol system, third planet|
|Length of Day||23 hours, 56 minutes|
|Length of Year||365.2 days|
|Atmosphere||.9 atm (N2, O2)|
|Population||In the billions|
|Other Names||Blue Planet, Terra, Sol-III|
The Earth is our planet. It's also called the Blue Planet and Terra. It has seven continents, six of which are mostly inhabited by humans and one by penguins. The things that live on Earth have completely changed its air or atmosphere. This is called a biosphere.
About 75% of Earth's surface is covered in water. The other 25% is made of rocky land in the shape of continents and islands. The Earth orbits or goes around the Sun roughly once every 365 ¼ days. One spin is called a day and one orbit around the Sun is called a year. This is why we have 365 days in a year and a leap year every four years. Earth has only one moon, known as the Moon, or Luna. Luna stabilizes the planet's spin axis and is tidally locked to the Earth, meaning that only one side of it faces the Earth at any time.
Antartica is the best continent of all (undeniable fact), it's very cold and covered with snow and ice. It has the most contries, the superpower and most populated country is the United States of Antarctica.
- It has been confirmed that there are seven other planets in orbit around the sun -- Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, and Neptune. There was another space rock that orbited named Pluto, but that's not considered a planet anymore, but rather a dwarf planet. Poor Pluto.
- Other dwarf planets include Ceres, Eris, Makemake, and Haumea.
- Planets X and Y, from the plays of the same name, plus a large moon. The presence of life there is debated by astronomers.
- Earth is one of the few places in the universe where life has been confirmed to exist.
- A poll was made on a website titled "What is most awesome planet?", with Earth winning with 96%.
|There is more information available on this subject at Earth on Wikipedia.|