|“||Watch your weight, children and teens!||”|
— Club Penguin Fanon Wiki
It is not contagious, but is actually a lifestyle choice.
There are four stages.
- Phase I: The victim starts an obsession of McDoodle's Big Pack burger, Burger Khan's Popper, and other fast food junk burgers.
- Phase II: The victim starts getting fatter and fatter every second and begins selling everything what he/she owns, just to buy burgers. They sometimes watch Ninjinian's health videos, but hardly ever.
- Phase III: The weirdest phase. The victim creates a new igloo out of burgers. His/Her furniture is made of burgers and his floor is made of really fattening marshmallows. The victim now creates Burger Shakes which he/she drinks for every meal. He/She eats nothing but junk food. The victim now watches Ninjinian's health videos regularly.
- Phase IV: The victim becomes unbelievably obese and now cannot move any muscle because he has become fat. The victim can only roll over or belly-slide to move and has over thirty-five chins. They now start loose interest in the videos.
- Optional Phase: If the disease is not cured by the day after the start of Phase IV, the victim can/will die due to the obesity of itself. Ninjinian's videos can't help them now. Poor penguin.
A plan to lose fat is currently being come up by Explorer (who, FYI, is a biology expert) and company. Happyface is helping out and funding the experiment. It is believed that Mathster is helping out.
- The cure is based on attempting to speed up the breakdown and digestion of fatty acids. Unfortunately, most test subjects started vomiting (similar to regurgitating, though it is involuntary) all over the floor. This is the first ever recording of penguins throwing up in history.
- The only problem is that Explorer is continuously scaring his co-workers by converting the simple, 4-step process of beta-oxidation into a "ghost story". So far, he has managed to scare 200 nerds off the workforce.
- On December 19, 2008, the cure was close to completion, but a very angry Mabel messed it up by putting fur in it. The test subjects who took the batch started turned into puffles.
- On December 20, a successful cure was mixed up by creating an enzyme that catalyzed the process of beta-oxidation (which is what breaks down fatty acids, for all you noobs out there). The penguin infected will gradually, over a period of a week, return to its normal size.
- However, the obvious plan: excersise. The plan shown next to us has been the cure all along and gyms are opening up to help people work the Fat out off their systems. The only drawback is that this plan is very slow and takes months to effectively work.
- Nerd Sickness is an instant remedy for Fat, since part of the nerd stereotype is not being fat.
- However, exercise would be the best way to cure yourself, because the cure is very expensive. Ninjinian's health videos on PengTube has helped hundreds of Fat penguins and have cured them swiftly, and are recommended by experts.
- Soon after the cure failed,Ice Flower was discovered.It can cure people of both,Fat and
Nerd Sickness.They have to be plucked from ice.
Playing Screedar's game "MOTOR RACING FROWNS UPON YOU!" can cause fat penguins to vomit the virus as they don't experience the side effects and coma.
 Explorer's "Horror" Story
Imported from old revision of the Explorer page.
Don't even try to understand it. It's advanced biochemistry, and we're not sure if Explorer understands it himself.
Explorer: (in Nerd Mode) And so the little acyl-CoA heard a scratch, scratch, at the membrane of the mitochondrion. And so, when he opened the ionic channel--
(one of the nerds screams, "MAMA!!" and ducks under the conference table)
Explorer: (continuing) ...he saw not one, not two, not three, and NOT 3.14159265--
(all the nerds gasp loudly)
Explorer: (continuing) ... but FOUR large enzymes!!!
(two nerds scream, "AAAAH!!!" and run under the conference table)
Explorer: (continuing) So, this, this, motley, ragged bunch of enzymes, well... they meant business. So, do you know what they did?
(all the nerds shake their heads rapidly)
Explorer: Well... (grins evily) ... the first one—called acyl CoA dehydrogenase—brought his little minion out, a little mean molecule called FAD. Well... guess what the two terrible duo did to the innocent carboxcylic acid?
(all the nerds whimper)
Explorer: (laughing evily) They... OXIDIZED HIM!!!!
(three nerds scream, "SAVE US!!!!" and duck under the conference table)
Explorer: So, the FAD—that rude little mugger, much like Mabel --well, he shuttled the stolen electrons off to who knows where. And then, another enzyme—called enoyl CoA hydratase—came up and brought out his little minion. And do you know who it was?
(all the nerds shake their heads rapidly)
Explorer: (yelling maniacally) DHMO!!!!
(Four nerds yell and run under the conference table. Explorer continues with his "scary" beta-oxidation tale, until he reaches the very last part:)
Explorer: And finally, the last enzyme came up and brought out a molecule of COENZYME A!!! And do you know what they did to the fatty acid?
(the remaining nerd shakes his head rapidly)
(the nerd screams and runs out of the conference room)
Explorer: (preening his feathers) Pity they all ran out. I was about to tell them how the bits and pieces of the poor carboxcylic acid got sent into the Krebs Cycle.
 Allegations that it is not a disease
Some popular penguins and others in the medical field argue that Fat isn't a disease that can't be helped. They want it off the medical registry as a disease, because they call it a "lifestyle choice". It is always pointed out, though, that these "fat deniers" are usually right-wing nutjobs that have creepy work ethics. Some don't think depression is a disease, either.
For instance, the citizens of Mattress Village, and Explorer's Family (both famous for their brutal work ethics) believe that Fat is not a true disease. These are joined by both sides of TurtleShroom's family and, stangely enough, Aunt Agatha, who claims she "likes being this big and wanted to do it".
Those who say Fat isn't a disease claim that the only way to cure fat is to "eat healthy, exercise daily, and sleep well." However, critics say this process is too simple to work, but it's still unsure.
- When one is suffering from Fat,one of the pins in their inventory is a blob that says "Fat". All other pins are deleted until the weight is brought to more decent levels.
- Ninjinian uploads videos on PengTube on how to prevent & decreasing your fat.
- Fat is obtained by eating junk food and all sorts of unhealthy foods, but mostly it's because of not excercising.
- One can also get fat by eating the Fat Weed.
- Weirdal6 died because of this disease.
- Chill57181 almost died because of this disease but he got Nerd Sickness during phase IV.
- Root Cola can not make you fat.
- Lobelia Sackville is secretly somewhat fat but denies it.
- Tropical Adelie Penguins and Fiordland Penguins are immune to fat. This is one of the main reasons why Slendar doesn't get this disease whenever he eats something at McDoodle's.
- Flywish is immune to Fat and besides if he gets it he burns it quickly.
- LMGT is one of the only penguins that has a desire to become fat. He thinks that his stomach can hold more food if he is fatter.
- If a penguin is born fat, that means that he/she will gain intelligence while losing his/her fat. The reason is unknown, but Richperson is currently researching it.
- Amigopen, despite looking fat, is not affected by fat.
- Paffles, due to their pastry addiction, have a resistance to fat. Scientists are currently studying this resistance to find a cure for fat.
- Peng Guin became fat for a short time due to McDoodle's fast food, but excercised and recovered quickly.
- Patrick Tea once tried an McDoodle's big burgers. When he ate one, instead of his stomach being fat, his head became leopard seal size!