| This article is redlinked!
This article is redlinked, which means that it has more than three links to non-existent articles. There are two options for dealing with redlinked pages: 1) Removing all the redlinks. 2) Creating the nonexistent pages by clicking on one of the redlinks. Once you have done one of these options, you may remove this tag.
| High Penguin is a high quality article, which is awesome!
Please continue to expand this article as much as you can, with more sections, text, images, trivia and anything else you can think of to make it even better!
The Size comparison of a normal penguin with a High Penguin.
| Licentiabellatoris babae|
HPs are most abundant to Freezeland.
Also known as "HP", and formerly (during Khanzem) "Most High Noob Face".
High Penguins (Licentiabellatoris babae, Latin for "freedom fighter WOW") are an endangered species of penguin. The High Penguins of Valnor are the oldest of the races, and not many remain. At the height of the High Penguin Confederacy, High Penguins were the majority, with their population numbering at about 300 million. Despite a decrease, the High Penguin population in places like Freezeland have begun to recover in recent years, with the population in Freezeland at about 25 million, now outnumbering the number of lower penguins.
High Penguins are very long living, have long memories, and have seen many sorrows in their time. Naturally they have the greatest sense of history since even the events of thousands of years before were lived by their parents or grandparents. One of the things that great age and wisdom teaches them is that whenever possible the small pleasures of life should be enjoyed. Thus this race has a love of song, dance, art, and a deep connection to nature. Outsiders often misinterpret this behavior, considering High Penguins carefree and unconcerned with the troubles that beset the world.
Nothing could be further from the truth however, since they have the deepest understanding of the nature of the world. At need, High Penguins are among the greatest and most skilled of warriors. In Freezeland, and other places that still have a high population of High Penguins, there are High Penguins that keep alive the ancient arts and sciences of their kind, making them skilled healers and practitioners of mystical arts. Since the Khanzem War, however, low birth rates have caused the High Penguin population to decrease rapidly.
High Penguins originally lived in Valnor. After Antarctica was discovered, many of the High Penguins emigrated from the overpopulated Valnor to Antarctica, and settled in areas now known as Freezeland, Archet, and the Antarctic Peninsula. The Land of Lord Guin was a High Penguin led dictatorship that ruled Antarctica from 900 to 500 BC. The Land was followed by the Babbelonian and Penguin Empires, both of which enslaved High Penguins. Many centuries later, after the fall of the Penguin Empire, HPs created the High Penguin Confederacy, which brought peace and stability to Antarctica for over a thousand years.
However, not everyone enjoyed the pools and happiness the High Penguins had. These lesser penguins were jealous of the High Penguins' power and superiority, and set out to overthrow them. Under the leadership of Whoot Smackler Whoot, the lesser penguins launched a coup d'etat of the High Penguin government and formed Khanzem in 1913. Khanzem began rounding up High Penguins in the country and brought them to Orange Juice camps across the continent where they were forced to make orange juice for the Khanzem soldiers.
The High Penguins fled for their lives to the remaining pockets of resistance, where, on the fringe of the continent, they set up the Grand Ol' Land, which existed until the fall of Khanzem to High Penguin flippers. Some fled to Acadia, which was a Puffish colony at the time with a High Penguin majority. Soon after, the victorious High Penguins were overthrown again, this time by the Snowman Empire, and they once more fled in exile. They also lost the reverence of yore, becoming "just another species", despite saving Antarctica from Naughtzee rule.
All species finally became equal during Olde Antarctica, and the High Penguins were accepted by society again. The greedy King of Colonial Antarctica saw the High Penguins as a threat, and forced them all to move to two colonies, the Province of Acadia, which existed as a different colony outside of Colonial Antarctica, and the High Penguin colony in Colonial Antarctica. However, in 1997 and 1999, they rebelled against the King, and founded the High Penguin majority nations of Freezeland and Acadia, where they could live together and rebuild their glory once more.
Most High Penguins live in the two High Penguin majority countries in Antarctica, Acadia, and Freezeland, and it is uncommon to see High Penguin communities outside of the two countries. In the late 2000s, A group called Neo-Naughtzees was founded for creatures that dislike High Penguins, and it eventually grew into a group wanting their extinction. From 2010 to 2011, a brutal war took place after the evil Malcur returned. It launched Freezeland onto a global stage, proving to many that High Penguins existed in large numbers.
The capital of the High Penguin Confederacy, called Capital, was built very close to what is now South Pole City. Ruins are rumored to be buried in permafrost near the city limits, and it is said that some parts of South Pole City lies on the old Capital. Many archaeologists were looking for evidence of the capital city throughout the years, and more and more evidence has been found in the past few years. In 2015, archaeologists began uncovering buildings in the city, and after months of digging through the ground, most of the old capital has been found.
Most High Penguins can be found in Freezeland, which was the location of the HP Colony during Colonial Antarctica, and Acadia, where there is a smaller population. High Penguins constructed the Elemental Amulets, and have heavily influenced society for over 1000 years. After decades of anti-High Penguin sentiments during the 1900s, High Penguins have recently gained more acceptance and respect in the Antarctic world. The Anti-High Penguin Group attempted, and failed, to change this when they showed the world how utterly annoying, to them, the High Penguins were.
For decades, discrimination and hate towards High Penguins has mostly been swept under the rug, and unfortunate historic events such as the Khanzem War, during which High Penguins were enslaved and forced to make orange juice in concentrate camps, were engraved in the public memory and were actively thought in education systems all across Antarctica to young chicks so they know the horrors the High Penguins had faced. Despite the great amount of time and effort invested in informing chicks of the tragedies that occurred and despite the careful preservation of horrible memories from the war, penguins all around the world, many High Penguins included, gradually started forgetting the events that happened, and as a result anti-High Penguin sentiment is on the rise.
High Penguins are thought to be discriminated today in almost all corners in life by online trolls - they are ridiculed for their height, they are the target of jealous non-High Penguins who are frustrated they cannot achieve the peace and happiness the High Penguins can, and the fact that many prominent scrubs are High Penguins only increased society's anger towards them and further alienated them from the rest of Antarctica. Because they think High Penguins are oppressed, many scrubs, including Penstubal, started advertising themselves as "pro-High Penguin liberation" and "pro-High Penguin rights", leading effectively to the creation of a High Penguin rights movement in Antarctica. The Penstubal Post became the main media platform with which notable High Penguins, tired of discrimination and harassment displayed towards them and afraid of losing their rights, show examples of ways in which they are discriminated across Antarctica and attempt to get the public to back their cause.
High Penguins suffer historic discrimination in Ed Island dating back to the establishment of the nation, that is also reflected in Ed Island's foreign policy, particularly towards Acadia. Discrimination against High Penguins affects those from Acadia the most due to their national origins.
As a result of the Achadia Crisis and ongoing discrimination of High Penguins in media and governments across Antarctica, hate towards High Penguins is on the rise and the horrible events from the beginning of the 20th century are being ignored and slowly forgotten. Recent independent polls by the news organization Westernews have shocked Antarctica - over 20% of penguins around Antarctica are not even aware the concentrate camps even existed and were not aware of the plight of the High Penguins from that time. Almost half believe that High Penguins are "closely connected to the scrubs" and are "attention-seeking, aiming to get more power that way". The international plight of the High Penguins has been greatly documented by the Penstubal Post, as well as other actually unbiased, more reliable news organizations.
Penguins today are divided as to how approach the growing discrimination towards High Penguins. Many believe that the High Penguins indeed are discriminated, but that it is not systematic and that the prevailing attitude is still rather positive towards High Penguins. Others believe there is no discrimination towards High Penguins, telling them to "grow up" and "stop being a bunch of pansies".
The United Provinces and Acadia joined together in February 2019 to unite in a mission against the discrimination of High Penguins. They also tried to get the Western Union to back their cause, and they successfully secured the backing of several states. The Western Union later expressed that they are concerned with growing anti-High Penguin sentiment in Antarctica and that they are pressuring countries such as Ed Island and Japaland to mend their ways of treating High Penguins. Both nations responded to the Western Union remarks by ignoring them completely.
High Penguins are at least as tall as humans and somewhat slender, strong and resistant to the extremes of nature. Their senses, especially of hearing and sight, are much keener than those of normal Penguins. They don't sleep the same as other penguins, with rumors being that High Penguins don't need sleep at all, though this has never been confirmed, but instead rest their minds in daydreams, similar to meditation, or by looking at beautiful things. High Penguins also have unteachable knowledge and skills that appear as 'magic' to other creatures.
Unlike normal penguins, they are born with hair. Different hair colors usually defined where a High Penguin came from, but this has become less of a method to tell where a High Penguin came from now that High Penguins have begun migrating away from their isolated communities and mating with different High Penguin groups or different penguin species. Even stranger, High Penguins actually have noticeable legs, which are usually covered. High Penguins still waddle, however, but they can do so at twice the speed of normal penguins due to their longer legs.
Although they can be slain or die of grief or illness, the average High Penguin lifespan is hundreds of years, estimated to be around 300. They have a higher healing factor, and can recover from wounds that would normally kill other penguin species. Though most High Penguins live very long lives, they have often become set in their ways, making them less flexible to adjust in an ever-changing continent. This has resulted in declining High Penguin birth rates in the past few decades since the Khanzem War, but the High Penguin population has recovered recently.
Prior to Khanzem, HP age-related deaths were much less common, and they are often portrayed as being "immortal". It is thought by scientists that the species' lifespan is affected by their "High Penguin Magic". Due to the drastic depletion of High Penguins during Khanzem, the average lifespan drastically dropped, from more than 1,000 years to hundreds of years. Though they don't noticeably age after maturity, their bodies are more susceptible to illness and fatigue as they age. It has been noted that if their bodies focus on taking care of an illness at an extremely old age, other side affects have been seen such as organ failure or rapid aging/body deterioration. Some special speculated exceptions to the average High Penguin lifespan include:
- High Penguin owners of the Elemental Amulets. It is rumored that the Amulets and their involvement with HP magic helps prevent illness and may slow aging.
- High Penguins with a pure bloodline dating back to the days of Valnor may have a higher average lifespan than the average HP.
High Penguin chicks grow slower than normal Penguin chicks, though their minds are faster, learning speech before the first year. Their wills master their bodies quickly so they learn to waddle, dance, etc by their first year. High Penguin chicks at play would resemble fair happy children of normal penguins with little need for governing. Their words, and mastery of their bodies would make them seem older than they appeared in body. There is no standard maturing rate, for they each grow at their own rates, though the rates lie in a certain range.
- Valnorians are the most common type of High Penguin, with about 60% of High penguins being Valnorian. Valnorians bear all normal High Penguin powers and abilities. Will Whitefoot, Malcur, Opacus, and Gilraen were Valnorians. Most Valnorians have bred with other types, making true Valnorian blood rare.
- Ardonians are the second most common type of High penguins. They are born either White, Black, Grey, "Normal" Blue, Forest Green, or Yellow, unlike Valnorians, which can be any color, not Pavender colors though. They are taller than Valnorians, and age the slowest. Darktan, Luce, Vesper, Elessar, and King Snowkinian are each Ardonians. They bear the same powers as Valnorians.
- Acadians are the fourth most common type of High Penguin, but are mostly limited to Acadia and some places in the Antarctic Peninsula. These High Penguins are isolated culturally and linguistically from the Valnorian, Ardonian, and Hochstadt High Penguins, and are a pure breed of High Penguin as well, with Acadian High Penguins rarely mating outside of their type. Commonly known Acadian High Penguins include Brant Esser and Ryan Crosby.
- Pavenders are known for their exotic colors, most of which inspiried modern colours like "maroon", "baby blue", "lime green", "bright red" and "lavender". Any penguin born with these colors definitely has Pavender blood in them. Pavenders are the third most common type of High Penguin. They can also change color depending on their mood. They age quicker than most High Penguins by about ten to twenty years. Arvan Stratford is a maroon full blood of these.
- Dufflepuds are a hybrid of when a High Penguin marries a lower penguin. Since the High Penguin gene is recessive, the Dufflepud usually takes after the lower side, but eventually discovers some power or trait later on in life, such as slow aging, telekinesis, etc.
- Batavi High Penguins are a cross breed between a High Penguin and a Viking Penguin, with more of the HP genes showing. They are the most abundant in Batavia, which is what they are named for.
- Hochstadt High Penguin is a pure breed of High Penguin that is mostly found in Snowzerland, Holyswissia, and Osterreach. These High Penguins do not posses any magical powers, but are the tallest of the HP breeds. These High Penguins also do not have hair growing on their feet, but possibly on their head. They can come in many colors. Some famous Hochstadt High Penguins include Swiss Ninja and Dave Hochstadt.
- High Penguins who choose to follow the path of evil are called Moriladron. They are still the same species, and can be from any of the varieties above, but are evil, corrupted, and wicked.
- Wood Penguins, also known as wood nymphs, are a subspecies of High Penguins. They are able to assume physical bodies identical or similar to High Penguin form and the same size as normal penguins. There are around one hundred of these registered in the Ministry of Mythical Creatues.
- Maenads are described as "wild, madcap young penguins". They are physically beautiful, some of the most beautiful penguins ever, so much to the extent that their beauty could hypnotize High Penguin men, even unintentionally. One of the few surviving Maenads is Lilyglove the Love Bandit, number four on Freezeland's Most Wanted List, and number twenty seven on PSA's. Tinuviel, mother of Luce and Vesper, was half Maenad, on her mothers side, making the sisters 1/4 Maenad. Only one is registered fully blooded, Lilyglove.
- Aethonians are a chestnut coloured breed, that can hover. They have some power over wind, and are the only species of penguin that can use their wings to fly. There is over two hundred registered.
- Grindylows are High Penguins that live entirely in water. They can breath underwater, and have aquatic powers. Triskelle's Great-Great-Great Grandfather was one of them. There are around ten registered, but plenty more are confirmed to live underwater.
- EvolPenguins are actually normal Penguins who have reached the next stage in evolution. Their powers include increased capacity of brain usage, giving them telekinetic and telepathic abilities. There are very few EvolPenguins existing, and none are registered. Most of them only are able to activate their powers with their subconscious mind, usually when someone they care about or themselves are in grave danger. Whenever they activate their powers, they glow a gold colour. They are often grouped with the magical High Penguins due to their special abilities.
- Trio Penguins are very rare penguins. There can only be 3 of them at one time in the 1 generation. (Basically, they all have to be born in the same decade.) They are very powerful, and there are three varieties, which are Blue, Yellow, and Pink. Blue can possess living things. Yellow are the smartest. Pink can control emotions.
Almost Extinct Subspecies
- Augureys are shy and live with each other far away from others. They hate fire, and have mastered control over rock/earth. Only seven are registered. RockHardy and SteelHardy are fullblood Augureys.
- Ettins are often called giants. They are the largest species of penguins ever, ranging from four to twelve feet tall. They were thought to have become extinct in the mid 700's, until 3 living (and extremely old) ones were found. Also, Elessar claims to have "1/64th" Ettin blood. Athondiel Moonlight was married to an Ettin, and the antibody Gargantuan has a lot of Ettin DNA in him.
- Jarveys are High Penguins that can transform into any other animal and usually stay as that animal for most of their lives. It is impossible to tell if they are a Jarvey or a real animal, the only way to find out that someone is a Jarvey is if you see them transform. Sadly, their only power is transfiguring. Only two are registered.
- Efreets were followers of Malcur, known for their ugly faces, large hunched backs, and their natural desire to be evil. They are now extinct.
- High Penguins can choose how they use their powers, for good or for evil.
- Though widespread through Freezeland, they are not usually accepted.
- High Penguins keep their ethnicity a secret, so not many penguins accept for close friends of them know Triskelle and Luce are High Penguins highly involved in society.
- The High Penguins can use their magic to make hybrid offspring with penguins of other species. They are usually sterile.
- High Penguins all share a bitter hatred of Pengolia, mostly because Whoot Smackler Whoot was a Khanz Penguin.
- Their initials, HP, are not to be confused with Hat Pop's nickname, HP, which means a completely different thing.
- A group hates them.
- Another Group enjoys pranking them.
- Slidur has two powers which are Turbo and Invisibility.
- It might be true that they are Vulnerable. MIGHT BE.
- There is a conspiracy theory circulating in Antarctica that the High Penguin populations in Antarctica have been poisoned by a secret group over the years, which has taken away their immortality. Evidence for this is shown through the fact that the historic High Penguins were immortal.
- Blue and Yellow Trio Penguins are always male, but Pink are always female.
- They are obviously a parody of the Lake Trio. Blue is a parody of Azelf, Yellow is Uxie, and Pink is Mespirit.
- Unlike other penguins, Trio Penguins are not hereditary. That means that 2 Trio Penguins can mate, and the child is a regular penguin.
- Also, two penguins with no Trio Penguin blood can give birth to a Trio Penguin.
Notable High Penguins
- Amluc Riam
- Andrew K. Rapone
- Anthodiel (mutated)
- Falco (25% High Penguin)
- Lobelia Sackville
- Red River 2
- Slidur (50% High Penguin)
- Swiss Ninja
- Welcome00 (50% High Penguin)
- Will Whitefoot
- Witix (mutated)
- Zack Khoury
- All of these penguins