History of Club Penguin
| History of Club Penguin is a low quality article.
It might be deleted if it isn't improved soon. So please, edit it further to expand it to an Average Quality Article, or even a High Quality Article!
| This article could use an image!
This article is in need of an image. You can upload one yourself (if you can) to remove this tag!
| History of Club Penguin is Fair Game!
This article is about something actually in the real Club Penguin, and therefore it is fair game, which means anybody can edit it, without having to worry about OOC (out-of-character) rules! (within good reason).
There is more information available on this subject at History of Club Penguin on the Club Penguin Wiki!
During prehistoric times, Club Penguin was inhabited by dinosaurs, dinosaur puffles and primitive Penguins. The island was significantly warmer, being the home of at least one active volcano, and had tropical plants covering much of the island. A Megalodon shark was also frozen in a block of ice that became the Iceberg. It is believed that a series of large volcanic eruptions cleansed the island of all life, with a few exceptions such as Gary the Gadget Guy's ancestor Garugg.
The first modern location on Club Penguin Island to be founded was the Town, founded in 877 AD by a large tribe of snails, distant ancestors to CartSnails and RocketSnails. Over the 900s, the island began to rapidly cool, until the "Great Blizzard" struck the island and brought snow in the late 900s and forced the snails to migrate to warmer lands. Little more than buildings of stone and clay, this town survived the Great Blizzard, and stood for centuries until being torn down by Ninjas in the 1800s.
The island was rediscovered by The Three Masters around 1000 A.D., and they named it Penguin Island. The island served as the home base for Ninjas and the Sensei and was where anyone from the Antarctic would travel to if they wished to learn Card-Jitsu. It is known that the most advanced structure on the island was the original Dojo, the one that was destroyed in 1840 from an accidental fire caused by Sensei Chin Yang. The earliest settlements were small, typically one room igloos where an average of five or six Ninjas would live. Originally, the Senseis (after Sensei Jaques) had forbidden Ninjas from marriage and dating, and Ninjas could only be males. Therefore, the island's population was stagnant for several decades. The original Ninja population of the island also was very hostile to any foreigners who were not interested in becoming a Ninja. During the reign of the second Sensei after Jaques, a Civil War had broken out between Ninjas that had quarreled over the superiority of one of the elemental elements over the others. The Civil War lasted until the fifth Sensei after Jaques, which by then had caused many casualties and had divided the Ninja settlement into three walled neighborhoods. The Fifth Sensei eventually mustered the power and influence via the Sensei State to unify the Ninjas into one community again.
Eventually, as the Ninjas grew old and died without offspring, the Sensei eventually decided to allow marriage and mating, but females were still forbidden from learning Card-Jitsu. Simultaneously, seafarers and their families had attempted to make small settlements along the island's coast. Although the Ninjas and the sailors often clashed, they eventually made peace when the seafarers promised to live far away from the Ninja settlements. The seafarer hamlets were eventually the main source of spouses for the Ninja clans and eventually ties between the two groups normalized. As Ninjas began to take wives, homes began to house only single families, and they eventually housed several generations. It is known that between 1400 to 1800, the average birth rate was almost exactly 3.0 chicks per household since the Senseis had decreed that having three children would be representative of the three elements- Fire, water, and ice. As the population grew and more contact with the outside world occurred, the Ninjas eventually made a sedentary town at the foot of the mountain that housed the Dojo. This town had homes that were now made of stone, mortar, and terrcotta in order to reflect the architecture of the Dojo. The town also had paved roads made of flat stones and a small wall around the city to act partially as a defense as well as a marker to clarify the boundaries of the town.
In the early 1600s, the Fiftieth Sensei was a puffle, the first of its kind. It is believed that another brief sectarian uprising had occurred in the Ninja community, where the leaders of the Order of the Shadow attempted to overthrow the Sensei with their own and to expel the (still small) communities of sailors that lived on the island's coast. The Fiftieth Sensei thwarted the conspiracy and ended the Order of the Shadow and the Ninjas.
In the early 1700s, the 65th Sensei had allowed Ninjas to live outside of the town and could freely leave the island if they wanted to. Ninjas began to spread across the Antarctic to be peacekeepers or join the militaries of their home countries. Ninjas and descendants of the sailor communities eventually began to intermingle in the central plain of the island, which became home to a multitude of farms.