| IPop is an average quality article, but could be even better!
Take this article to the next level, and perhaps even further, by editing it, adding pictures, creating more sections, and adding links to make it a High Quality Article, or possibly an Ultra Quality Article!
The fork in the logo is thought to be Captain Str00del's fork. However, the Great Pancake Maker, the founder of the IPop says its him on a penguin costume. What a laughing stock!!!
Food and beverage |
|Founder(s)||The Great Pancake Maker|
The Great Pancake Maker (CEO) |
Str00del Force (unofficial sponsor)
|Operating income||Approx. USP 500,000 (not confirmed)|
iPop is the only pancake, strudel, wheat-producing restaurant in Antarctica, where its restaurants serve in the style of an all-you-could-eat buffet. Notoriously (albeit mistakenly) paired with the Str00del Force, iPop was started by the Great Pancake Maker in 1996, and commenced operations only in 1998. Currently, it serves Polaris, USA, Freezeland, Dorkugal, Frankterre, UnitedTerra and MAI.
The new motto for iPop is All for pancakes, pancakes for all!. The old motto was P....PPP.ANCAKES!!!
Supposedly, during the Great Starvation/Famine in one of the colonies in Colonial Antarctica, a great pancake maker, whose name was never known, created a small pancake restaurant currently located in Polaris to help lower the famine. It did not officially commence operations until 1998, when it registered itself in the Freedom Fighters' Register of Businesses, in support of the Revolutionaries and the Club.
After the formation of Club Penguin in 2005, the Great Pancake Maker wanted to open a second stall there, but rules imposed by the government, EBUL and other benefactresses to the island prevented their cause. Through the Str00del Force, under the alias "Str0udel Distr1butors Inc.", they managed to unwillingly export pancakes illegally to CP. However, the government does not oppose this to this day.
Eventually, a second store was set up in South Pole City, and then in Frostborough, Dorkugal, Frankterre, UnitedTerra and MAI. Plans to set up shop in Poshia were shelved after the Great Pancake Maker got himself involved and specifically advised the Board to refrain from doing so at all costs. Preps took insult at this and denounced iPop, although the higher classes often smuggle them into the country.
The unexposed and secretive identity of the Great Pancake Maker never came to light, but much photos have popped up, although the figure in all of them differ greatly in shape, size and race.
Great Pancake Maker
|Great Pancake Maker|
LeMatre un Chambre 1 |
May 21, 1960
|Residence||Rumored to be Polaris iPop Manager's Office.|
|Years active||1996 -|
1 There has been no record of this name ever being registered, nor has it been confirmed by any other sources.
The Great Pancake Maker (May 21, 1960cult following. He founded iPop and raised it like his own child. Practically unseen to the public eye, he resides in the manager's office of the main branch at Polaris, where he was born and raised. Many penguins have come forward to provide information on the mysterious fellow, but no other evidence corroborates theirs, only heightening the mystery.- )is synonymous with iPop and it's
The only confirmed information is a press release stating that the 21st of May 2010 was his 50th birthday.
iPop's internal operations loosely, but still resembles that of a presidential republic, where the executive head (that being Great Pancake Maker) has limited control and power over his company. Rather, iPop is ruled by "The Board", an equally mysterious motley group of twelve penguins who all share the common love for business and pancakes. He does however appoint the Board members.
The decisions are not made by the board, either. Rather, suggestions from the Str00del Force will be processed through The Board, but could be viewed by the Great Pancake Maker. Suggestions from the public are often welcomed but they only make 10% of the approved suggestions. The Board would then pass the suggestion down to be rectified and improved by the Bureau of Logic, which all passes through the first two departments (Department of Rectification and Department of Improvement) and onto its respective department.
From there, the suggestion would be processed by other Departments and put through a trial at the Polaris branch.
The class system goes as follows:
- This is the most important position if it's at the top, or least if it's at the bottom.
- This is a sub-division of this position
- This is another sub-division of this position. Sub-divisions are not ranked
- Great Pancake Maker (CEO who appoints The Board members)
- The Board (suggestions and ideas are approved or rejected)
- Str00del Force (suggestions and ideas are created)
- Bureau of Logic (suggestions and ideas are rectified and improved on)
- Department of Rectification (immediate)
- Department of Improvement (immediate)
- Department of Interior Design
- Department of Quality
- Department of Manufacturing
- Department of Departments
- Department of Pricing
- Logistic Departments
- Department of Logistics
- Department of Law
- Department of Public Relations
- Department of Marketing
- Department of Morale
Branches and Franchisees
As of 2011, there are eighteen branches:
- Polaris, Polaris SAD (1) (opened in 1998)
- The Polaris store is both the first store to open and the flagship branch of the iPop franchise. It is the location of the Great Pancake Maker.
- Googolplex, Dorkugal (5)
- South Pole City, Eastshield (3)
- Frostborough, Freezeland (2)
- Paríe, Frankterre (2)
- Neo Domino City, UnitedTerra (2)
- Snowville, Eastshield (1)
- Pengu Town, Trans-Antarctica (1)
Timeline of opening:
|1998||March||Polaris (flagship)||First store opened, flagship store.|
|2000||April||South Pole City, Eastshield||Located near South Pole Central Station of the Antarctic Express.|
|2001||January||Googolplex, Dorkugal||Located on Floor 71, West Wing|
|2003||March||Paríe, Frankterre||Located near The Rifle Tower|
|2003||July||South Pole City, Eastshield||Second store, located in Inner Realms.|
|2004||February||Neo Domino City, UnitedTerra|
|2004||August||Frostborough, Freezeland||Second store|
|2005||January||Googolplex, Dorkugal||Located on Floor 12, South Wing|
|2006||May||South Pole City, Eastshield||Third and last store to open in city|
|2006||September||Paríe, Frankterre||Second store, near The Loove|
|2007||October||Googolplex, Dorkugal||Twin opening, first located on Floor 73, East Wing|
|2007||October||Googolplex, Dorkugal||Twin opening, second located on Floor 82, North Wing|
|2008||December||Neo Domino City, UnitedTerra||Second store|
|2011||November||Stevie Falcon International Airport||Fifth and last store to open, first outside Googolplex|
- Str0udel Distr1butors Inc. - Operated by the notorious Str00del Force, it helps distributes products of iPop to Club Penguin through back market deals. Although it is supposedly illegal, neither the government nor EBUL have stepped forward to take action.
- iCrepes - Although owned by a Snowzerland company, this iPop-operated brand serves crepes in Snowzerland, the German States and other countries in the Ninja Archipelago.
- Fish Whack - The Pengolian subsidiary of iPop. Sells pancakes in markets under various name, all containing the "Fish Whack" logo.