| Featured Article
This article was the Featured Article for the month of May 2018! To vote for this month's Featured Article, go here!
| Kermit is an average quality article, but could be even better!
Take this article to the next level, and perhaps even further, by editing it, adding pictures, creating more sections, and adding links to make it a High Quality Article, or possibly an Ultra Quality Article!
|Kermit involves Role-Play; leave a message on its talk page to talk with it!|
to listen to Kermit's theme!
|“||It's Not Easy Bein' Green||”|
|Considered Saint in||USA, Shops Island, Finipines, Amataria, Rusca, HunEmpire, Ed Island, United Provinces, Candvia, Tropicalis, Seal Islands, Emperorlands, Munijoch|
|Promoted to The Most Awesome||September 10, 2017, Centriepistula by P. Benzin|
|Promoted to Saint||May 12, 2018, Club Penguin Weekee by P. Benzin|
|Celebration day||May 9|
|Promoted because||Saved the CPW|
|Known for||Being mascot of the CPW|
|Controversy||Kermit enjoys Orange Juice|
Kermit the Frog, also known as Kormit and Saint Kermit, is a talented frog that was officially named as Mascot of the Club Penguin Weekee in 2017. He was Canonized as a Saint by P.O.P.E. Benzin on May 12, 2018. Thanks to Kermit's heroism on the Weekee, he has become very popular across all of Antarctica, particularly with Weekee visitors. Statues of Kermit can be found in many places, and Kermit merchandise is readily available. As of 2018, Chill Island recognizes his birthday as an official holiday.
Not much is known about Kermit's past, but he claims to be a frog. He was first seen in Antarctica in early 2014, on Club Penguin. During this time he visited with penguins and handed out autographs. After Kermit's rise to fame on the Club Penguin Weekee in 2017, these autographs became collector's items, with an estimated value of 2 million coins each. Few penguins are willing to sell them, however. After Kermit was given the "Hero of the Weekee" Snowflake Award, CPW Bureaucrat Hat Pop hired him as the Weekee's official mascot, a position that had been vacant since 2013. Since then, Kermit has had a semi-active role on the Weekee, mostly stopping Walri and Vandal attacks and returning from various vacations to save the Weekee from disasters.
One such Crisis was the "April Fools' Crisis" in April 2018. After April Fools' Day, a Box Dragon flew from Club Penguin to Eastshield where it wreaked havoc on the CPW. It attempted to make the CPW its home by hijacking usaboxenz from UsaPajers and dumping boxes all over the Weekee, forcing users to take refuge. After days of fighting a battle against the dragon with rollbacks and sysops, Kermit defeated the beast and restored order.
P.O.P.E. Benzin nominated and promoted Kermit to The Most Awesome in the USA on September 10, 2017, after much protesting for it in Eastshield and the Centriepistula. It came only six days after he saved the Weekee from the longest Crisis in Weekee history.
He was nominated for Sainthood by Weekee Users and Club Penguin residents shortly after, but he wasn't promoted to Saint until May 2018. While The Most Awesome, Kermit saved the wiki numerous more times, including from two more crisis'. He gained a lot of support during this time across Antarctica, from the Weekee, to Club Penguin, Chill Island, the Finipines, and elsewhere. The P.O.P.E. Canonized Kermit as a Governance Saint in the CPW on May 12, 2018, a day after he stopped another Weekee threat that had been ongoing since May 7th. He became recognized as a Saint in the CPW, Club Penguin, and Chill Island immediately, followed up shortly after by the rest of the USA and Shops Island, the Finipines, Amataria, Rusca, and more. See the Legacy and Honors section below for a list of places that currently recognize Kermit as a Saint.
The biggest controversy during his nomination was that he likes orange juice, a beverage despised by some for its usage by Khanzem 100 years prior. For this reason, he'll never be a Saint in Freezeland and it is unlikely in some other nations as well. However, Kermit has stated that he doesn't support Khanzem's usage of orange juice, and Kermit supporters have stated that the stigma around orange juice shouldn't stop him from being nominated 100 years later.
Through his short rise to power over just a few years, Kermit became famous across Antarctica. Many monuments, statues, holidays and shrines were established for Kermit in many countries, and he gained millions of fans. Notable for their different culture, some Japalandese Anime and Otaku Penguins have become obsessed with Kermit, wishing to marry him and honoring him in different ways.
This is a list of times Kermit has saved the Weekee. The table lists the threat to the Weekee, when it started, the date Kermit saved the Weekee, and how he did so. For more in-depth information, see the history section above.
|Threat||Date started||Date saved||Notes|
|January 17, 2017||January 29, 2017 (12 days)||A Weekee Crisis|
|August 16, 2017||September 4, 2017 (19 days)||A Weekee Crisis. Kermit was promoted to mascot shortly after saving the weekee.|
|Evilositian Army||October 2, 2017||October 8, 2017 (6 days)|
|November 10, 2017||November 14, 2017 (4 days)|
|December 15, 2017||December 20, 2017 (5 days)|
|February 1, 2018||February 9, 2018 (8 days)||A Weekee Crisis|
|Box Dragon||April 2, 2018||April 12, 2018 (10 days)||The "April Fools' Crisis".|
|May 7, 2018||May 11, 2018 (4 days)||Occurred during his birthday.|
|July 17, 2018||July 22, 2018 (5 days)|
|August 28, 2018||September 7, 2018 (10 days)|
Kermit's autograph is a very rare item that Kermit gave away for only a few weeks while visiting Club Penguin in 2014. Although low in value at the time compared to other celebrities like Rockhopper, Kermit's heroics involving the Weekee combined with the rarity of it have since raised the value to 2 million coins. Despite its high value, very few penguins are actually willing to sell them.
It is a must-have for Kermit fans and is considered the "holy grail" of Kermit collecting.
However, because Kermit enjoys orange juice, some High Penguins (and Constantine) are buying as many of his autographs as possible and burning them. This makes them even rarer for collectors and true fans, though hardcore Kermit fans would never sell their autographs to non-fans. HPs are often outbidded for the autographs by hardcore Kermit fans, leaving very few that get burned.
Similarly, counterfeit backgrounds are common to be seen, often produced by the Underground PWN Mafia or in the Darktonian Realm. Though, historians and true Kermit fans can easily tell the difference. Kermit himself has denounced the frauds.
Legacy and Honors
The following are places that currently recognize Kermit as "The Most Awesome" or a Saint, are considering recognizing Kermit in their lands, and those that have refused. Those that have refused to recognize Kermit as a Saint are often called "n00bs" by Antarcticans and "scrubs" by Shoppers and others. In return, they sometimes call the Antarcticans, Shoppers and others Naughtzees.
- The Sapie Brothers claim to know Kermit.
- Though he claims to be a frog, he is very unlike most frogs , which has led to much speculation.
- He is the CPW's third mascot, after Simon (2007) and Amios (2012-2013).
- Kermit's favorite beverages are orange juice and Bepis-Cola.
- Some have theorized that Kermit is in a constant battle with a mysterious entity blamed for lots of things. Whether there is any truth to this claim is unknown however, and Kermit hasn't made any comments regarding the matter.
- That entity is possibly Constantine.
- Kermit's birthday, May 9th, was made an official Weekee holiday.
- Kermit has Level 10 access in the Bureau of Fiction. He is considered a VIP.
- The HunEmpire was happy to recognize Kermit as a Saint, as Kermit is a "valiant warrior that should be recognized for his achievements as any Hunian would be."
- Kermit is the only P.O.P.E-appointed saint that Shops Island recognizes.
- Kermit is also the most widely recognized and celebrated Governance Saint.
- Kermit likes to call Buddy List requests "friendly requests". Because of the sheer amount of fans Kermit has, his Buddy List is the only known case where the friend counter has actually broken.
- Kermit has an evil doppelganger named Constantine, who is rumored to be plotting the Weekee's downfall.
- Some claim that Kermit has an X-Antibody who lives in Freezeland. However, because the X-Virus manifests in and affects creatures who don't originate from Antarctica in different ways, Kermit claims to happen to be completely immune, making this untrue.
- The Ed claims to be Kermit's biggest fan, and has several items of Kermit merchandise including a stuffed puppet he claims comes to life.
- Kermit says his favorite singer is someone named Randy Newman. Unfortunately, nobody else knows who he is except the Sapie Brothers.
- He is commonly called Kermit-san-chan-sama-dono-heika the Frog by his Anime and Otaku Penguin fans.