Lance X. Penguin
| Back...to the Future!
Lance X. Penguin describes events that will happen in the Future, as researched by the Time Agency. Be aware that these events may not fully exist in the present. Though they may be confirmed to exist, the future can change...
| Lance X. Penguin is a high quality article, which is awesome!
Please continue to expand this article as much as you can, with more sections, text, images, trivia and anything else you can think of to make it even better!
|Lance X. Penguin involves Role-Play; leave a message on its talk page to talk with it!|
to listen to Lance X. Penguin's theme!
Lance as of his most current appearance, after his one-year absence.
Lanchester Xavier Penguin|
May 15, 4973 AD
|Residence||Club Penguin City (temporary)|
|Ethnicity||Emperor Penguin (Aptenodytes forsteri)|
Bureau of Time Worker
|Notable works||Saving the space-time continuum on a few occasions.|
|Height||3' 5.5" (42.6")|
|Known for||Time traveling, protecting space-time and travelling through the Multiverse|
|Title||Illustrious Time Traveler of The 50th Century|
|Relatives||Unknown, possible Willy the Penguin|
|“||Think of the timeline as a half-dried clay sculpture. In some parts, it's malleable. With other parts, you can't bend or change them them without breaking the whole sculpture completely. Reassembling it back the way it was is the hardest part.||”|
— Lance X. Penguin
Lanchester Xavier Penguin is a Puffish time-traveller and dimension hopper from the distant future, a former agent of the Time Agency, and a member of the Bureau of Time. Hailing from the devastated and desolate post-Spitfire wasteland of Antarctica, Lance travels throughout space-time, visiting various time periods in history and guarding the timeline from threats and changes. In his journeys across the universe, he has visited countless extraterrestrial locations and met with several penguins throughout Antarctica's history, including fellow time traveller Kwiksilver, Elemental Amulet keeper Caspian, and adventurer Wikipenguino45.
After dropping off the radar for over a year and seemingly vanishing without notice from the timeline completely, Lance reappeared and returned to the known universe, appearing out of the blue on Club Penguin Island in early 2019, warning his friends of a dangerous new time-travelling adversary known only as the mysterious Dr. Chrono. Having lost and destroyed his prototype Time Trekker to a deadly battle with Dr. Chrono, Lance instead resumed travelling the timeline using a customized Vortex Manipulator, and found a temporary place to stay in Club Penguin City.
- 1 Biography
- 2 Involvement
- 3 Appearance
- 4 Weaknesses
- 5 Personality
- 6 Abilities
- 7 Relationships
- 8 Equipment
- 9 Trivia
- 10 Gallery
- 11 See also
Not too much is known about Lance's past, as the Time Agency struggles to collect information about him, and Lance is quite unwilling to share his early experiences and life. What is known is that he was hatched in a large Space Station orbiting the Moon where he was raised by his parents who were astronauts and scientists who made monthly trips to Antarctica. Lance never visited the Earth until he was 3, which was a very exciting experience for him. Joshua, an artificial intelligence that his father succeeded in creating was used to guide Lance through most things. Lance was home-schooled by his mother along with the help of Joshua. Lance as a chick loved experimenting, taking things apart and putting things together. He read a lot of books as a chick, many of which were science books, from his parent's office. Lance's parents took him on trips to Earth, as well as journeys through space to other planets which fascinated Lance and made him eager to learn more.
Becoming a Time Traveler
At some point during his late teenage years, Lance had discovered how to use his family's spacecraft and made regular trips to Earth where he poked around in old warehouses and abandoned scientific bases. Lance obtained the Time Trekker 30000 which he found in an old warehouse, fixed and managed to make it work, and installed Joshua into the computing system and taught himself how to pilot it without knowing much of it's main use. At some point probably when he was 20, his parents passed away after being fatally injured in an accident leaving Lance quite sad but able to take care of himself.
Lance learned how to use the Time Trekker 300000's dimension hopping function when he accidentally discovered it and crash landed in an alternate universe. With the Trekker barely having any more energy to travel back, Lance had to explore and use his newfound Laser Gun (which he'd also found in another scientific base which he fixed, upgraded and tweaked) to try and survive. After letting the Trekker fully recharge, he managed to travel back, but ended up in the wrong time and was sent back to the days of Khanzem. Hardly resisting the urge to explore, he travelled around the continent discovering and recording down his findings and encounters. Lance decided to continue this new hobby and travelled around time noting down his encounters and journeys and his knowledge of time expanded.
Arriving at Club Penguin
After a year of learning and travelling through time, Lance first came to first Club Penguin on October 8, 2012 when his Time Trekker 30000 crash-landed in the Mountains while he was on a journey to the Prehistoric Times while the Time Trekker malfunctioned due to damage during the time he used it to get a good view of the events during the Spitfire. The Time Agency was aware of this time breach and found him along with some EPF Agents with Wikipenguino45 and Falco among them. For around a year, he lived in Club Penguin until his Time Trekker 30000 could finish auto-repairing and he could travel back to his time.
Changing the Timeline
Lance continued to make trips to Club Penguin, every once in a while to visit his new friends and share his adventures. Lance went on a mission to stop an unknown criminal from corrupting time itself, but made a huge mistake when he left behind his vortex manipulator which the villain picked up. Shortly after returning to the 50th century, Lance discovered a massive change. His spacecraft had disappeared and Antarctica was in ruins. Lance discovered from the records that the continent had been destroyed millennia before when the same criminal had gone back in time, and prevented the USA from forming and letting Puffle'and win the Colonial War creating a whole series of wars resulting in nobody winning and nations left to fall apart. Lance himself was slowly starting to disappear and forget so he sent a distress message to April 5th, 2013, warning the EPF and Time Agency that a criminal would be stealing a vortex manipulator to travel back in time in a matter of seconds.
The team of time agents managed to travel back and locate the culprit, and he was put in a cell. Lance stopped disappearing, and the timeline was restored.
The Future Has Changed
|“||Something is wrong. Something is very, very wrong...||”|
— Lance X. Penguin
In mid-2017, Lance visited Club Penguin once last time before departing in a rush claiming that "something was very wrong". The exact reason why remained unknown to Lance's friends, who described his latest status as "radio silent" and his whereabouts unknown. After some months of tracking down the source to its core, Lance discovered that Dr. Chrono had been trying to manipulate and change the timeline to fit his own image. Lance searched the timeline for Dr. Chrono, following clues and changes in history.
At one point Lance successfully located Chrono, and time travelled to his location. He landed in the midst of Antarctic Spring in the year 2027, in which the continent was rocked by increasingly tense relations between its increasingly politically unstable nations. There he met Nate Plover, who noticed Lance chasing Dr. Chrono, and decided to help him. Though Lance was initially opposed to letting Nate help and wished to accomplish the mission on his own, Nate later witnessed Dr. Chrono destroy his hometown, and pleaded for Lance to let him join him to avenge his home.
Though still reluctant, Lance nevertheless let Nate accompany him on his journey to stop Chrono, equipping him with a Vortex Manipulator. Lance found Nate to be troublesome, as he would sometimes go out of his way to disobey Lance's orders to not mess with certain things in the timeline. After disobeying Lance one time during a minor skirmish with Chrono, Nate pursued him to the year 2017, using up most of his Vortex Manipulator energy. After using up the rest of his energy to prevent worldwide spread of the X-Virus, Nate was left temporarily stranded in 2017, while Lance decided to look for Chrono himself.
Eventually, Lance and Chrono found and confronted each other again, chasing each other through trans-dimensional space. Dr. Chrono managed to board Lance's Time Trekker, defeat him and severely damage the vehicle, causing it to break apart with the defeated Lance still on board and vanish into abyss, leaving Lance at the mercy of the universe, not knowing where he would land.
Lance subsequently crashed in the snowy forests of mainland Antarctica in the past, injured and stranded due to the loss of his time machine. After a few months, he found a local town and blended in with the public, choosing to wear a dark coat and shirt. He managed to locate and salvage some of his Time Trekker's remnants, and retrieve a Time Gear from it, which he used to teleport himself back into the future.
He went the Bureau of Time in the year 2019, where he found that in his time away, Dr. Chrono had gotten away with many misdeeds, prompting Lance to immediately return to work to try and undo the damage, using a Vortex Manipulator instead of his trekker.
For almost a decade, Lance has been journeying throughout space-time, travelling through history and learning the ropes of time travelling. Throughout most of his earlier time travelling years, Lance had studied the many people who made their mark on recorded history including the Hochstadt Gang, Nightmare, the Kwiksilver family and many other notable individuals.
Often using fabricated identities, Lance would travel back in time to witness and record major events, such as the defeat of Khanzem and the signing of the peace treaty, the arrival of the first High Penguins from Arda, and the destruction of Antarctica during The Spitfire. Lance would later use these recordings and findings to help the Time Agency in their mission to document all of history. After the Time Agency's fall, Lance transitioned over to work for the Bureau of Fiction, as a member of the Bureau of Time. There, he continued his research of the timeline, collecting data on the bureau's behalf.
As a time traveller, Lance has been on several adventures and has changed the path of many timelines, most of which were either altered by other rogue time travellers or ended in destruction. For many years as a time traveller, Lance has also strove to undo the damage of criminals with access to time travel and realign the timeline to its correct path so that it follows its original events.
Though primarily a time traveller, Lance also had access to dimensional travel and Hyperspace aboard the Time Trekker 30000, and would often traverse the Multiverse to visit other alternate realities and parallel dimensions, as well as visit other star systems such as the XYZ System within the local universe.
For a regular Emperor Penguin, Lance is just about above average height and is somewhat skinny. He has a faded scar on his upper left flipper, as well as a visible scar on the left side of his face, which he acquired after his first major fight with Dr. Chrono before disappearing for a year. Lance was originally pale red when he was hatched, however his feathers slowly adjusted, transforming into the current bright red that Lance's feather colour currently is.
Up until the last few times Lance was seen prior to his disappearance, he would often wear a purple t-shirt, and a pair of shiny golden goggles. Despite the fact that Lance is almost always seen with his googles on his head, he hardly ever uses them for anything at all except for shielding his eyes from the bright, blinding lights of the Time Trekker.
If or when required to, Lance would wear different clothes, especially to match those of whatever time period he would time travel to in order to blend in with the crowd.
Subsequent to his disappearance from the timeline and return, Lance no longer sported his regular bright purple buttoned shirt, instead donning much darker, monochrome attire including a greyish buttoned shirt and a darker grey coat. Lance still kept his golden goggles, which he no longer had much use for, as his Time Trekker was destroyed and his goggles were slightly cracked. Under his right flipper, normally concealed by his coat is his own Vortex Manipulator.
Lance dearly misses his parents and can't bear to hear them mentioned. Whenever he sees anything about his parents (pictures, recordings, videos), it can distract him and cause him to feel very sad. He can get immensely angry whenever someone evil or someone he doesn't like mentions their name. It also causes him to slow down and can take long periods of time for him to recover. Lance also has some sort of allergic reaction to Doom Weed, and catching similar dark substances like the X-Virus can make him very ill.
Most of the time, Lance is a mostly optimistic, calm and serene personality. A mostly mature and compassionate person, Lance is in most cases quite capable of handling and thinking through tough situations before acting, especially if they concern the health and stability of the space-time continuum. He can be seen as quite reasonable, as he is usually willing to negotiate conflicts with enemies rather than sort them out through the use of violence.
Lance cares very much for his job as a time traveller and the timeline itself, and can sometimes get very agitated, concerned or even irritable when things don't go his way. He tends to take a serious and stern approach towards criminals or villains that threaten the security of the timeline, sometimes even going so far as to express little to no sympathy for those who want to manipulate or exploit the timeline's malleability. Despite this, Lance isn't usually one to lose his temper, and often has his own emotions under control.
Lance can speak fluent English as well as Terrain, French and Spanish, having studied them for several years, and often using them on time travelling missions. He also knows several older dialects and languages, having been to many time periods. Lance is a good pilot, and is able to pilot a plane, and control the Time Trekker, having previously owned one. He has plenty of experience with technology, and owns his own Vortex Manipulator, which he knows how to use. Lance also possesses weapons such as his laser gun, which he is well trained in and knows how to use properly.
- Wikipenguino45 - Lance counts Wikipenguino as a good friend, and thanks him and trusts him not to tell anybody about the secrets of the future, and to keep anyone from knowing to avoid changes in the timeline. Though Lance finds it hard to live in Club Penguin without the usual conveniences of the future, Wikipenguino helps to guide him and be as helpful as possible whenever Lance arrives.
- The Doctor - The Doctor and Lance are good friends, and have met some times before. Both are time travellers, and keep in touch with each other from time to time. The Doctor also taught Lance some of rules of time travelling, and helped modifying his Time Trekker 30000, creating a dimensional space that was larger on the inside of the vehicle than on the outside.
- Kwiksilver - Lance highly respects Kwiksilver for his many heroic deeds, and often looked up to him in his earlier years. The two have only met in person a few times, and occasionally contacted each other before Kwiksilver mysteriously vanished.
- Willy the Penguin -
- Caspian - He met Caspian on one of his time travelling journeys to the past on behalf of the Time Agency. They managed to become good friends, and Lance trusts Caspian with his secret of being a time traveller.
- Nate Plover
- Lord Guin
- Dr. Chrono - A cruel and wicked time-travelling villain, Lance despises Chrono's intentions and is looking for every and any way possible to track him down and stop him before he corrupts the timeline. Chrono was responsible for destroying Lance's Time Trekker, and was primarily involved in Lance's one year disappearance.
- Time Director - Prior to the disbandment of the Time Agency, Lance and the Time Director were mostly on good terms. However, since the corruption of the Time Agency was revealed, Lance supported the rebel agents and disassociated himself with them.
- Laser Gun Mark LXVIII - As Lance's main weapon of choice, it is commonly stored in his coat pocket or somewhere close by. It has configurable settings that allows it to switch between a collection of different modes, and is usually set to a non-lethal mode. The laser gun is powered by rechargeable cartridges, which would normally be recharged aboard the Time Trekker 30000 before the vehicle's destruction.
- Amnesia Camera - A seemingly regular camera containing a gadget that creates a bright flash, wiping the memories of a victim as well as leaving them temporarily dazed and confused. How far back the memory wipe goes can be adjusted on the camera's controls. Lance often keeps this by his side, usually using it when a person from the past witnesses something that was not meant to happen in the timeline.
- Vortex Manipulator Mark III - Lance possesses his own customized Vortex Manipulator Mark III, which is another one of his high priority items that he keeps at almost all times. It is normally concealed under his clothing or sometimes disguised as a regular watch. After his Time Trekker was destroyed, Lance began using the manipulator to get around the timeline and hop around dimensions.
- Trekker Car Key - A key disguised as a regular car key. Lance would use the key to access or control his Time Trekker from afar, or activate it if powered off. He currently doesn't have much use for it, as his Trekker is destroyed.
- Earpiece - Lance often uses an earpiece during missions on behalf of the Bureau of Time, using it to communicate with the other BoT members. Formerly, he would use this earpiece to converse with his Time Trekker's on-board artificial intelligence, Joshua.
- Grappling Gun
- His Time Trekker 30000 seems to be a Time Trekker except much more futuristic and even more developed. It appears to have been developed over the many centuries to get to this advanced stage.
- Lance hopes to move to 2016 to live a life in Club Penguin.
- Director Benny still seems uneasy about this.
- This may probably be due to the fact that Benny dislikes Lance's unwillingness to inform them about anything that could harm the past. Lance absolutely refuses to tell Benny what happens to him in the future and if he ever gets what he wants.
- Director Benny still seems uneasy about this.
- His parents knew descendants of the Top Five Families and other famous and important families.
- He's excellent at chess.
- He has a Puffish accent.
- It is unknown whether or not he's a distant relative of Willy the Penguin.
- He has met Kwiksilver, Willy the Penguin, Abdul54 and several other time travellers on a few occasions.
Lance discovering The Doctor for the first time in a forest.