National Reconnaissance of Rusca
| National Reconnaissance of Rusca is a low quality article.
It might be deleted if it isn't improved soon. So please, edit it further to expand it to an Average Quality Article, or even a High Quality Article!
| This article could use an image!
This article is in need of an image. You can upload one yourself (if you can) to remove this tag!
|National Reconnaisance of Rusca (NRR)|
|Name||National Reconnaisance of Rusca (NRR)|
|Head||Irina S. Trotsky-Tvarkov|
|Job||Spy on and arrest enemies, Assassinate enemies of the state|
The National Reconnaissance of Rusca is the main espionage agency of Rusca. In its early history, the group had been involved in the silencing of opponents to the old Communist regime, and it was disbanded in 1990. Five years later, the group was reorganized, but with a more democratic and justice seeking purpose.
President Stallin founded this organization and became the Director of it in 1951, about a year before he died. The group's original purpose was to spy on its citizens to make sure they were loyal to their government, and all agents were ordered to arrest anyone who disliked the Ruscan government and its political leaders. In response, many of the agents ended up turning in many democratically inclined penguins and puffles, who were all either sent to the Gulag political prison camps or were brutally executed through a Deletion gun firing squad. The NRR became a feared name, and in the 1960, the president of Rusca began sending agents overseas to North Alemania to cross into South Alemania and into other parts of the Ninja Archipelago and mainland Antarctica for the purpose of intelligence gathering on Rusca's enemy capitalist countries. Eventually, the job of the NRR began to transfer from spying on its own citizens to spying on foreign governments by 1970, which was also the time when all Ruscan political prison camps were dissolved and disbanded. Soon, the NRR became extremely feared by Olde Antarctica, Frankterre, and Puffle'and, and the NRR rose to become the Antarctic's most powerful secret agency. Its height rose in the 1980's, when it used its numerous agents to help gather data for aiding STINC in the overthrow of Olde Antarctica. In 1990, Communist Rusca faced a revolution by its own people, and massive protests and a coup d'etat forced the NRR to dissolve. Five years later, Rusca's new democratic government legislature, the Duma, voted for the return of the NRR but with a new constitution and purpose. Today, the NRR's main purpose is to hunt down wanted criminals, terrorists, and SSS spies. They are also allied with the EPF and work closely together on specific occasions.
Agent Selection and Training
It is not big secret that the NRR has a tendency of looking for their personnel than the other way around. This is because the NRR only wants the best of the best amongst their ranks. To do this, their screening isn't something taken lightly. Composed of 3 primary phases, it takes almost three months to process and review a potential member of their agency. Phase 1 begins with observation, where a team of agents do research regarding the candidate. Doing so requires them to dig deep, often going through academic, physical and mental health, and criminal records. They would interview immediate family and close friends of the candidate to get a visual on their attitude. Once the candidate passes Phase 1, Phase 2 is commenced. S/He would be brought in for several examinations. Their IQ, physical fitness, mental wellbeing, and skill set will be put to the test. Besides practical (physical fitness, mental wellbeing, skill set) and mental (IQ) tests, oral examinations will be given to the candidate. They would be put under the polygraph and questioned regarding politics, basic information, etc. A behavioral analyst often does these tests. The third and final phase of selection involves a board of trustees comprised of the director, several high ranking officials, and members of the team of agents who looked into the potential asset.
Often the reasons of being rejected are alarming criminal records, a displeasing personality, or a mental wellbeing that could threaten the integrity of the agency. Termination of candidacy often happens in Phase 1, so chances of actually passing selections tend to be rather slim. It is rare for a candidate to be turned down by Phase 3, but still so happens due to certain circumstances.
The agency remains unbiased, however, to physical disabilities. So long as potential is seen in the asset, these disabilities can simply be overlooked. It is almost always that an agent with physical disabilities are given a desk job. Nonetheless, the agent does receive basic field training in case of emergency.
Recruits are sent to Camp Stallin, which is in the outskirts of Muscovgrad. Here, boot camp is a rigorous 8 months of intensive physical training and mental reconditioning. It is often seen that the batch of candidates slim a bit when recruits either quit or are forced to. For physical training, trainees undergo rigorous exercises that push them to their physical limits. Mental reconditioning comprises of forming the trainee into a hardened, ready NRR agent. After boot camp, recruits are given the choice of pursuing any of the following courses: Intelligence, Advanced Field Work, and others.
When taking their courses, they are introduced to the other batches that happened to be training alongside them. With a healthy mix of physical exercises and desk work, NRR cadets are refined to become the agents they desire to be. Taking up only 2 months, the final phase of their training concludes with a graduation and oath-taking. Usually, members of the panel of the cadets would appear to oversee their graduation, as well as a politician or two. Immediate family members are also welcomed to partake in this ceremony. After the graduation and oath-taking, a traditional picnic occurs on the grounds of Camp Stallin. It wouldn't take long for a newly graduated NRR cadet to be assigned to a station.
- Obtain and monitor the activity of other countries.
- Arrest or detain any Ruscan citizens caught doing illegal acts.
- Protect the integrity of Ruscan national security, inside and out.
- Act as a source of information for government and military operations.
- Monitor Ruscan citizens both inside and out the country.
- Serve as a security team for the President of Rusca.
Simple in its form, the ranks among the NRR are as follows:
- Junior Agent
- Special Agent
- Senior Agent
- Master Agent
- Commander of the Unit
- Commander of the Division
- Commandant of the Sector
- Deputy Director
The NRR is divided mainly into two major sectors: Intelligence - Logistics and Operations. Branching out from each sector are four divisions that operate together.
Intelligence - Logistics Sector
- Intelligence Collecting Division
- Taken from its name, the Intelligence Collecting Division is responsible for monitoring and collecting information going in and out of the country. With a huge database, the information they collect are meticulously sorted and filed away in a manner often confusing to many. It is known to be the heart of the whole agency, working closely with the Reconnaissance Division.
- International Relations Division
- Much like its Club Penguin counterpart, the IRD serves as the medium between the NRR and other governments and intelligence agencies. Officers in this division are often seen to be very good with their words and actions. Jokingly, this division is said to be the subdivision of the government itself.
- Investigation Division
- With keen senses and a highly calculative mind, officers in the ID handle some of the toughest cases in Rusca. This division is armed with state of the art technology and old-fashioned ways of investigation.
- Internal Integrity Division
- Although not often appreciated, the IID is seen to be the backbone of the whole agency. Commonly, officers of this division are psychologists or seasoned agents. The IID serves as the screening team of future NRR agents. Their way of choosing a candidate remains mysterious, and several theories have popped up around the intelligence community. Nonetheless, the IID's importance is nonnegotiable and unparalleled by any divisions.
- Reconnaissance Division
- The Reconnaissance Division is often seen to be the sister division of the ICD. This division is noted to be one with the highest number of officers, making it a breeding ground for future SOD agents. The division does tasks domestically and abroad under one goal: to do reconnaissance and collect information for Rusca.
- Special Operations Division
- The SOD is seen to be an elite division, making it the division with the fewest number of officers. These officers tend to be armed to the teeth at all times, doing most of their operations abroad. It's observable that almost always agents with an SOD background wind up being transferred to the Presidential Security Division.
- Strategy and Command Division
- Although the least active division in the entirety of the sector, the SCD has a key role in making sure everything - and everyone - is in order before, during, and after a mission.
Many uniforms are used by NRR agents in different conditions. When in HQ, agents would wear business clothes with the NRR insignia pin. When in protective detail, male agents would wear a suit, a black coat with of course, the NRR insignia pin. Female agents in protective detail would wear a track suit, with the pin. When in an assembly, they would wear their standard uniform. For the men would be the military suit with their nameplates and medals and of course, the NRR insignia pin. Females would wear the same, except in a skirt and wearing two inch high heels. Also, when they are abroad and away from their homeland, they would wear for men, they would wear what they wore for protective detail, except without a black coat. For females, they would just be in business outfit. Lastly, when in public or on duty, they would be in a civilian outfit.
Modes of Transport
Their typical mode of transport would be their standard issued motorcycles. Like the SSS, they would use it to chase criminals easier. Though, when going somewhere, they would be in a black SUV. For air transportation, they would use jets made by Rusca. When in water, they would just borrow from the Ruscan Navy. Though they have their own helicopter, which is one of the fastest in Rusca, called The Viper, which can fly across Rusca in a matter of 1 hour.
Agents usually use their standard issued ice bullet pistols. But during wartime, they would use any warfare weapon they have. During assassination missions, they would use an all black, fitted scope, ice bullet CZ 425 long rifle.
- The NRR has a terrible rivalry with the SSS.
- The NRR is considered to be the second best secret agency in Antarctica, right after the EPF and before the notorious SSS.
- The NRR is a double parody of the now defunct KGB and the current Federal Security Service of Russia.
- Like the SSS, they are like a secret police.
- Their motto is: "Nimble, Rational, Reconnaissance"