| Night Club is Fair Game!
This article is about something actually in the real Club Penguin, and therefore it is fair game, which means anybody can edit it, without having to worry about OOC (out-of-character) rules! (within good reason).
There is more information available on this article at Night Club on the Club Penguin Wiki!
| Night Club is a high quality article, which is awesome!
Please continue to expand this article as much as you can, with more sections, text, images, trivia and anything else you can think of to make it even better!
The Night Club or Dance Club is a place located in Club Penguin, where penguins can come and dance all night if they want to! The Night Club is a great place to party and is one of the most decorated rooms on the island when having a party! It is co-owned by Cadence.
The Night Club wasn't always called that. In 2003, the days of Penguin Chat 3, a band of three penguins started playing music at their igloo. They opened it to the public and played songs to large audiences. The igloo became known as the "Public Igloo" and was frequented by partygoers. Although the band only knew how to play three songs, they became famous throughout the continent.
After CP underwent a total upgrade in 2005, the Penguin Band sold their igloo and moved on to bigger and better things. The Igloo was snapped up immediately by Cadence's parents, who had big ideas for the place. The Igloo was torn down, and a new, hip building, named the "Night Club" was built in it's place. The "Night Club" was inspired by Studio 45, a popular Disco joint in South Pole City that Cadence's parents frequented often.
At first, penguins stayed away from the Night Club, nervous of what their friends would think. It was bad for business, and Cadence's parents lost 1000 coins in the first two months. Then, a miracle occurred. Rockhopper, fresh from sea voyages, visited the Night Club and started dancing in the middle of the dance floor, doing The Dance, or as he called it, the "Rockhopper Jig". The result was fantastic. Penguins from all over flocked to the Night Club to dance and party. Business was booming.
Eventually, in 2008, Cadence's parents sold the Night Club to the government, and became millionaires. They asked if their daughter, Cadence, could take over and teach penguins to dance. The government gladly agreed, and set up a table in the corner of the room, entitled "Dance Contest". You can usually find Cadence supervising the Dance Contest. The government gives any earnings from the Night Club to charity, and NOT to Cadence, which upsets her.
Apart from the Dance Contests, there was the addition of the popular DJ 3000 (known to the general population as "DJ3K")during the Music Jam '08 by the Club Penguin Party Association (CPPA), a music mixing machine. The ever present, large sound system plays music according to the current party. For a place with such detailed history, the Night Club is the life of the party!
The Night Club is located in the Town Center of CP Isle. It has three rooms, The Dance Club, on the Ground Floor, The Lounge, on the Second Floor, and the Rooftop.
In the ground floor, a large flashing dance floor covers most of the area. Speakers surround the floor, but one speaker is really a secret entrance to the Boiler Room, which manages the heating, electricity, and gas services of the entire island. Also located in a speaker is a secret entrance to the Bureau of Fiction, which requires activation via employee's pass. You can mix music at the DJ3K behind the dance floor, and compete in dance contests to the right of the floor. Near the Dance Contest stand, a green Puffle sits on top of a speaker. This puffle is known as the Keeper of the Boiler Room. A staircase in the bottom right hand corner leads upstairs to The Lounge.
On the second floor is The Lounge, a room where exhausted dancers go to relax and play some arcade. The room was added as an extension in 2006. In the room are many tables and chairs, two arcade machines and TV screens. The two arcade machines are Thin Ice, a very popular strategy game involving a flaming Black Puffle, and Astro Barrier, a game involving spaceships that focuses on reflexes and speed. Tails6000, the PWNsome gamer that he is, has an unbeatable top score of 23,767 on both machines. If you're not into games, you can sit back, relax and enjoy some Cream Soda. There is also a game for Chicks called bits and bolts, where you put robots together
When the extension was added in 2006, the government requested that a jetpack landing spot be put on the roof. Cadence's parents, the then owners, agreed but blocked off the rooftop access from The Lounge with a curtain to avoid injury. The rooftop was only opened to the public once, in January 2009 for the Member Only Dance-A-Thon. It was decked out with DJ mixing equipment and painted awesome colors. Jet Pack Adventure had to make another temporary landing spot on the Coffee Shop roof. During the Dance-A-Thon, some veteran Jetpackers forgot and landed in the midst of the party.
Club Penguin Studio
Ever since Cadence began her career as a singer, her family built a studio for celebrities only. The Club Penguin Studio is where actors, Djs, singers and penguins like that go to do recording, practicing lines, etc. There are dressing rooms with a giant closet, 49 inch screen TV, master bed, a desk, a coffee table and many more. Sometimes, celebrities stay in the studio for more than 1 day to do stuff for their projects. Next is a recording studio where singers and Djs record there upcoming singles for there album, there is a chair, recording headphones, a recording microphone, a place for the producer/s to watch, a band that records the sounds for the song, a macbook that has a special app for editing the song. Next door to it is the animation studio where penguin animators sketch characters/settings, a storyboard, special computers for animation and a recording studio for actors providing the voices.
(please add more rooms)
- Late Night Special -- The Late Night Special is a special time at the Night Club. It starts at 8:00 PM and Ends at 4:00 AM. This is a time when there is fun dancing parties and fancy food imported from Freezeland (and normal food too) being served at the lounge. The Special only happens on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday nights.
- Karaoke Monday -- Karaoke Monday is a frequent wannabe singer hotspot. It happens every Monday from 6 PM to 1 AM. On this night, a karaoke competition is held on the Night Club's ground floor. The club busts out their Karaoke-inator portable karaoke player, and then Cadence, Aunt Arctic, and even G belt out the lyrics to the popular hits, most being from the Furry Flats.
- Sunday Night Fever -- Sunday Night Fever is a favorite among middle aged penguins. It runs from 5 PM to 5 AM every Sunday night. In this time, mainly Disco music is played and everybody dances till dawn. Burgers and fries are served.
- Waltzing Tuesday -- Every Tuesday night, elderly penguins and the whole family come to the Night Club for a classic experience. This event runs from 5 PM to 12 PM every Tuesday. Jazz music is played and penguins engage in Ballroom Dancing, usually a Waltz. Young penguins often spend the night elsewhere, and avoid this "oldie" night.
- Extreme Saturday -- Every Saturday night, it's Extreme Saturday! Extreme Saturday runs from 6 PM to 5 AM. Dancing of any style and music of any style is played here. Food is provided free of charge. Everybody enjoys this night.
- Monthly Hits -- Shade the Puffolian comes every month with Sarah the Penguin to play the songs that topped the charts. It usually happens at the end of the month but ends at 1:00 in the morning on the first day of the new month.
- New Years Heat -- All the DJs come for this. They take it in turns to play different tracks, albums and singles. When the countdown to New Years Eve has gone to 0, members of the public ask for which tracks to be played. Touring bands and singers often would come along to sing several songs.
- Puffle Wednesday -- Pufle Wednesday is the day awaited by all puffles, The Night Club Rooftop is opened up and for easy access for puffles the New Elevator from Brown Puffle Inc. Puffle food is served during the event
- Castillan Sunday -- Started in the Spanish servers, Castillan Sunday is held at night, starting around 5:30 PM and sometimes food is served. Each Sunday hosts a different dance from a different Castillan Colony and occasionally the homeland. Famous dances that are held are the Flamenco, Salsa, Reggaeton (the most popular for young penguins), the Cueca, the Tango (the most popular for couples), the Samba, the Merengue, the Mariachi, and Casual (when modern Castillan music is played).
- DJ Digital Nyt -- This night was one of the most popular specials, and the presenter was DJ Crow. Every Friday from 6 PM - 4 AM, Crow played & mixed with the DJ3K and played tunes, including his own songs. The show originally began in June 2009 and was wrapped up in December 2010. The last show ran through the whole day with Crow dancing, doing freestyle raps, freestyling with the DJ3K, playing his signature songs and playing exclusive samples of his forthcoming album. No press were granted inside and was free entry for any penguin/puffle like all the other Digital Nyts. Guests such as Cadence, Meaghan, Tim and Tom, Nevim and Joe-Q attended the last Digital Nyt and some even performed.
- Snoss Sunday - the precursor to the Castillan Sunday events, Snoss Sunday occured every Sunday night. Food was occationally brought and penguins wearing leiderhosen would proudly dance along with the penguins. Traditional and Snoss/Alemanian modern music was also played. However, many Castillans and anti-Snoss did not like Snoss Sunday because of Snowzerland's previous invasion of the island, but not much was done...at first. Later, penguins started sneaking in packs of Cream Soda and Ditto, causing many dancers to go insane and damage to the property was made. The Night Club owners soon sued the penguins in charge of Snoss Sunday, and in agreement, Snoss Sunday was permanently cancelled and replaced with the more popular Castillan Sunday.
- Cadence can't leave this place because she loves it so much.
- The Keeper of the Boiler Room, a green Puffle that is often seen bouncing on the speakers.
- DJs that play music here.
- Dancing Penguin dances here nearly every day. It is his favorite place to be.
- Penguins and Puffles that come to party!
- Vandals who drill on the Dance Floor, causing costly damage. (Cadence normally kicks them out.)
VillainsPenguins who hate dancing, most probably are villains to the Night Club. Many penguins have seen penguins, when mad, take their drills and start destroying The Night Club! It's terrible...
The only resource is well...music. You can dance as much as you want here, free of charge.
If you mix some music on the DJ3K, you can earn coins while doing it! If you like music, the DJ3K is a game for you. There is even a keyboard so you can play that! You can also earn prizes at the Dance Contest. Astro Barrier and Thin Ice both yield their fair share of coins as well.
|Speaker; Goes to Pool||Stairs; Goes to Lounge|