| Orange Puffle is Fair Game!
This article is about something that exists in the real Club Penguin, and therefore it is fair game, which means anybody can edit it, without having to worry about OOC (out-of-character) rules! (within good reason).
There is more information available on this subject at Orange Puffle on the Club Penguin Wiki!
| Orange Puffle is an average quality article, but could be even better!
Take this article to the next level, and perhaps even further, by editing it, adding pictures, creating more sections, and adding links to make it a High Quality Article, or possibly an Ultra Quality Article!
A normal Orange Puffle.
| Moschomicrotherium pufflei|
| Moschomicrotherium pufflei orangei|
Orange Puffles are a common type of puffle, known for their zany attitude and tendency to eat everything.
It is unknown how Orange Puffles exactly came to be, but it is known that they originated in the Bureau of Fiction's paper dump. The following information in this section is just speculation made by scientists around Antarctica.
According to speculation and folk tales, an unknown amount of years ago, a large herd of feral red puffles found an entrance to the BoF, where they were guided to the "Box Dimension". To survive, they were forced to tear apart cardboard boxes for nutrients, and adapt to the non-gravity in the area so they weren't sick all of the time. It was a hard way of life, and many died. Those who had adapted the most in the environment ventured out of the group's "village" of boxes to see if there was anything beyond the nothingness, and were known as the "hunters" or "foragers", although they proved quite useless until generations later. Generations later after somehow creating offspring from the malnutrition of stale-flavored boxes, many of the anatomical differences occurred, including the changing of fur color, buck teeth and an almost-constantly salivating tongue.
One day when a group of buck-toothed puffles were "hunting", they found the Desert Zone and the Cream Soda Zone. After that life became much better for the puffles nutrition wise, although as generations passed the cream soda and cactus juice gave the puffles a permanently "goofy" or "silly" attitude.
The Orange Puffle's main anatomy is the same as a normal Puffle. However, as a subspecies it has attained many differences from a regular puffle:
- Buck teeth- One of the puffle's main physical differences as a subspecies is its pair of buck-teeth. Scientists believe that the puffles evolved into the teeth to help chew and cut through boxes in the Box Dimension. The puffles also have a set of regular teeth for chewing, but it is thought that the puffles might be able to retract that set of teeth, because they are rarely seen in photos.
- Flexible- The Orange Puffle's tongue is more flexible than a normal puffle's tongue for some reason, almost like the tongue of a frog. There has been no good theory as to why this adaptation occurred.
- Constant salivation- The Orange Puffle's mouth creates an almost constant amount of salivation, which causes it to drool or "slobber" quite often. It is thought that this adaptation occurred for the same reason as the puffle's buck-teeth: to make quick work of boxes, the puffle's food source. However, in this case the advantage is to make the box "softer" and easier to chew through.
- Singular curly hair- Another unexplainable difference, the Orange Puffle gains one singular curly hair when they mature and reach adolescence.
- Orange fur coloring- Although not a direct anatomical issue, the orange coloring of the puffle's fur is thought to be originally from malnutrition. It is thought that the original group of feral puffles in the Box Dimension was red. However, over the generations, the fur color began getting lighter as the puffle's only nutrition source at the time, boxes, didn't actually have nutritions at all. Eventually, when the puffles found the Cream Soda and Desert Zones, their fur color changed from a sickly pale orange-red to a lighter orange, and eventually when they were discovered on Club Penguin and constantly fed good, nutritious food like O-Berries, their fur became its current bright orange.
After Orange Puffles were discovered and became domesticated, they were idolized by penguins everywhere, that went to the length of using the words "cute" and "adorable" to describe them. Up until the discovery of the Rainbow Puffle Cloud, they were arguably the favorite kind of puffle on Club Penguin Island, with the intelligent brown Puffle and the small but "adorable" white Puffle. In 2012, for the island's April Fools Day celebration, a dimension was created and dubbed as the "Orange Puffle Dimension" in honor of the creatures.
- It is believed one of the Peng-Virus's earliest targets were orange puffles.