| Penguin OS is a low quality article.
It might be deleted if it isn't improved soon. So please, edit it further to expand it to an Average Quality Article, or even a High Quality Article!
|Company / developer||Various Developers|
|Source model||Open source|
|Initial release||October 24, 1993|
|Latest stable release||
4.2/ November 24, 2015
|Latest unstable release||
22.214.171.124/ December 9, 2015
|Package manager||Depends on variant|
|Supported platforms||x86 ; x86-64 (because of the limitations of the x86 operating system)|
|Default user interface||W (optional)|
Penguin OS is an Operating System made by Linus Porvalds and maintained by Larry Tux Eflipper. It is a free competitor to Doors 7. The latest version is 2.8 and the Windowing system is at 16. The Preview version is version 2.9, and the preview Windowing system is version W17. Version 2.9 supports the x86-64 architecture, and thus supports 1TB of RAM, while x86 supports 4GB of RAM.
Linus originally wrote Penguin OS as a simple kernel for GNU Flock, an unfortunately constantly stalled project of an operating system. He was inspired by Gudd Lapooh's Unice clone of an OS, and thus started work. When it became clear Flock was having major management and development problems, Linus forked his kernel to become Penguin OS, a kernel with an easily modifiable userland and interface, usually the W system developed for Unice-like OSes by Penguin University.
Legacy! Add your name here!
- The manager of the Gift Shop. He still uses 0.92 with the W12 windowing system.
- The entire government of Freezeland. Their previous Doors system crashed.
- ZapWire. Bill Gate$ scares him.
- Linus. He invented it, he obviously uses it.
- GANGSTA G. He claims Doors is "for weenies" and is so "not gangsta".
- Kwiksilver and family.
- Bolsheevic Penguinsky. Doors is capitalist. Freedom for zee win!
- LiveWire. Makes sure there is no bad viruses infecting his poor PC.
- Coool31 uses a Penguin OS 2.8 Deluxe (he modified it with 2 memory banks, to use twice the amount of the memory limit he works on it a lot)
- Voltaire uses Penguin OS. He's the only human to use it. ZapWire helped him with making it a computer that produces music.
- Sam Rudi uses Penguin OS. 0.94 and it has a video website called PengTube.
- Larry. He helped with it, he clearly uses it.
- Akbaboy. When he used Doors, it exploded.
- Sonicspine31. Just like Zapwire, Bill Gate$ scares him.
- Brown51brown. He uses Doors 7 and Penguin OS, oddly enough.
- Sk8rbluscat. He uses Doors 2008 and Penguin OS on his PadTop.
- DustyOS. He is also trying to make his own variant.
- Andrew K. Rapone. Being a lifetime user and fan, he likes to promote it via nefarious means. Ironically, he also created the Virus Taser for Penguin OS.
- Snowtendo. They only use it to try to kill the Gasoline Channel on the Vii. Strangely game performance improved as well.
- The UPM. They say Doors is not pwnsome. Plus an associate knows about Doors' holes.
- Drake uses it to type up plans to get rid of Mwa Mwa Penguins.
- Nicktang10 uses it to type out his plans for the ALTA, and to give suggestions to Explorer on how to trick Mabel.
- Isai uses all the time.
- Slidur uses his system for a bunch of online games to speed up and to check on news about random stuff.
- that rich guy uses it 'cause he dislikes that they removed the
SendMoneytoGates();option from Doors. Admitted it was BETTER than Doors
- Wikipenguino45 and his father use Penguin OS. Wikipenguino uses it especially for his WaddleTube channel.
- Zdrmonster12 uses it because its "cool"
- W is a parody of the X windowing system.
- Users like to argue which OS is better. This was taken to the extreme in Operation Operating: the Dorkugese Micro War.