| Poffle is an average quality article, but could be even better!
Take this article to the next level, and perhaps even further, by editing it, adding pictures, creating more sections, and adding links to make it a High Quality Article, or possibly an Ultra Quality Article!
A light brown male poffle.
| Moschomicrotherium volatilis|
Aero Puffle, Common Poffle.
Poffles (Moschomicrotherium volatilis, meaning "funny winged little beast") , or Aero Puffles, are a breed of puffle. These creatures are one of the only species in the Puffle Family that could only fly without equipment. They are slightly less intelligent and far more primitive then their puffle brethren. They are sometimes kept as exotic pets, but they are very expensive due to their "vulnerable" status. Unless well-trained, a pet poffle must also be kept in a cage to prevent escape, as they fly at great speed. They live on tropical mountains and they are native to the Sub Antarctic Islands.
Poffles are known for their wings and exceptionally thick fur with feathered wings. They were on the brink of extinction in the Ice Age but made a comeback duing the Snowman Empire. Poffles are mostly frugivores and take years to breed. Wing colors depend on the type of fruit they eat (e.g. if they eat a lot of oranges, their wings turn purple) .
Baby Poffles are flightless, but as they grow older they are taught how to fly by their parents. Wild Poffles shake their wings regularly to remove dirt, but when domesticated are often cleaned by their owners using sparkling water
Poffles can be bred with regular puffles, forming intelligent winged hybrids, though this is difficult.
As of May 2010, The poffle's status has downgraded from Endangered to Vulnerable with the help of local breeders. However, the southern subspecies is still endangered despite a recent increase in numbers.
There are two subspecies of Poffle. Northern Poffles has shorter hairs and are smaller and often eat O-Berries. Southern subspecies have bigger wings and can fly for extended periods. They are found in warmer regions and also have darker fur.
- Northern Poffle, vulnerable. (Moschomicrotherium volatilis sursum)
- Southern Poffle, endangered. (Moschomicrotherium volatilis meridianus)
Although their diet mostly consists of fruit, Poffles are also partial to seaweed, vegetables, and snow, although, eating too much of the snow could turn a poffle's wings pale. Unlike puffles, they don't eat O-Berries because it is inedible to the species.
- It is rumored that they evolved from birds.
- Female poffles have more fragrant wings and thinner fur.
- They are camouflage experts, which is useful in their tropical habitat.
- Thesy have little sense of smell because they have a very small nose.
- Their average lifespan is 30 years, but can reach 40 or 50 years in captivity. Upon death, they turn upside down.
- Several Von Injoface Family Poffles have lived to great ages.
- Poffles can fly for up to three hours at a time on average.
- The more fruit poffles eat, the more vivid their wing colour becomes.
- On weekdays they are mostly active from sunset to morning. On weekends they are more active in daytime.
- They are the second largest species in the Puffle Family, behind the Magma Puffle.
- Corai is deathly terrified of them,, evem though they are mostly harmless.
- Slendar constantly teases him over this.
- Slendar wants to breed Poffles to help their numbers grow,