| Professor Prepostera is an average quality article, but could be even better!
Take this article to the next level, and perhaps even further, by editing it, adding pictures, creating more sections, and adding links to make it a High Quality Article, or possibly an Ultra Quality Article!
to listen to Professor Prepostera's theme!
Professor Prepostera is a successful technological genius and inventor. He currently lives on Chill Island and works as the technology expert for the Chill Island Protection Force. He also owns Prepostera Enterprises on the side, where he makes various inventions for those willing to pay for his services.
Early life and apprenticeship
Paul Prepostera was hatched on October 4, 1988 in Olde Antarctica, and became interested in science early in his childhood. At a young age, he would often read about great inventors like Gary the Gadget Guy and Leonardo da Waffli. After graduating from school, he attended Penguin University, where he pursued a degree in mechanical engineering. In 2011, he began his career as an inventor. Unfortunately, he soon discovered that the United States of Antarctica already had a plethora of more successful and well-known inventors, and his career never really got off the ground.
Moving to Chill Island
In 2012 he moved to Shops Island, hoping to find a greater audience who could use his talents. While shopping at Chill World, he met Chill57181, who happened to be visiting that particular location that day. The two struck up a conversation about inventions, mostly because Chill assumed he was an inventor solely because of his lab coat, and became friends. He moved to Chill Island shortly after and started his own business, Prepostera Enterprises, where he invented gadgets and took commissions from residents.
In April 2013, Chill reorganized the Chill Island Protection Force, and recruited Prepostera as their tech expert. Afterwards, he left the Prepostera Enterprises building and moved into a laboratory in the newly renovated CIPF headquarters. Since potential customers obviously couldn't be allowed to just wander into the CIPF headquarters to request an invention from Prepostera, he continued to take commissions solely through email.
He soon took it upon himself to create a decent military to protect the island, in case any dangerous threats arose. Inspired by the Shopper Intelligence Agency's announcement of its own drone army, Prepostera came up with the idea to create one for Chill Island under the codename "Project Marvel". After going through many failed attempts and using up nearly the entire budget for the project, he successfully completed the first prototype, Tyler, in July 2013, although it wasn't enough to protect them from being briefly taken over by the Evilositian Army shortly after. As the budget had been completely used up, further progress on the project was halted until May 2014.
Once work on the drone project resumed, Prepostera upgraded Tyler with proper armor and had his programming updated to work out most of the glitches. Now with everything ready to go, production on more standard model CIPF drones began.
In 2026, Chill Island joined the United States of Shops Island following Djf's rise to power and execution of Bro. After the outbreak of the Shops Civil War, Prepostera was contacted by Chill and put in charge of defending the island, with the entire CIPF at his disposal. The Ed also deployed his EPF team on the island at Chill's request in case of an evacuation. Prepostera, Ed, Doktor, and Roger harnessed the energy of the Meme Machine to create a force field to protect the island, keeping it unscathed through the war.
- Inventor - Prepostera spends most of his time inventing gadgets for the CIPF, the other residents of Chill Island, or his own personal uses.
- Secret Agent - Aside from being the CIPF's technology expert, he is a key leader of the agency. He often does more work than Chill himself, as a result of their vastly different approaches to tense situations. He also serves as interim director in Chill's absence.
Prepostera is a friendly and talkative individual, especially towards those who share his love of inventing and science, though he easily gets grumpy whenever someone interrupts his work. He is very level-headed and focused, which serves him well in his position in the CIPF. However, he is quickly irritated by people who deliberately try to annoy him, making him an easy target for some people trying to get a quick laugh. He is never frustrated by failure and prefers to move on quickly, either to continue the project or start something new. He personally views being frustrated by failure as a waste of time that delays future success.
- CIPF Spy Phone (2013)
- CIPF Drones (2013)
- FauxSnow (2013) - A synthetic snow-like substance. Prepostera created it at Chill's request, who wanted snow across the island to "celebrate Christmas properly". Every late November, it is sprayed across the island to make it look like it is covered in snow. After about a month and a half, it begins disintegrating, returning the island to its normal state. It dissolves immediately upon contact with water.
Aside from inventing, Prepostera often reads, either for entertainment or to research various technologies. He frequents various online forums related to inventing, engineering, physics, and similar topics, either to learn new things or share his knowledge with other prospective inventors. He also enjoys researching Chill Island's various bizarre phenomena. He has also taken an interest in the tabletop game Terns & Taverns, and sometimes hosts game sessions.
Chill once attempted to get Prepostera into Blockcraft. Finding the base game uninteresting, he modded it to the gills with various mechanical and technical mods, but quickly lost interest, preferring to build things in real life instead of in a video game. He later gave his account to Tyler, who mostly just uses it to nuke entire worlds.
- Carl the Fry Thief - Prepostera is determined to apprehend the Fry Thief at all costs. When coming up with a new invention, he will often ask himself if it will help catch him, regardless of whether it was designed for that purpose or not.
- Chill57181 - Prepostera and Chill first met and bonded over a shared interest in inventions, which soon resulted in Prepostera moving to Chill Island and later joining the CIPF. After seeing how disastrous Chill's "inventions" actually were, Prepostera has attempted to teach Chill how to properly invent to no avail.
- Kalen - Kalen is Prepostera's personal favorite agent, and he trusts him enough to send him on the most important CIPF missions.
- Tyler - Tyler's personality quirks irritate Prepostera, as they go against what he believes a proper robot should be. The only thing stopping him from reprogramming Tyler is Chill, who thinks his quirks are funny. Tyler often antagonizes Prepostera because he thinks it's funny, but the two can work well together when it comes down to it.