| SkyAlliance is an average quality article, but could be even better!
Take this article to the next level, and perhaps even further, by editing it, adding pictures, creating more sections, and adding links to make it a High Quality Article, or possibly an Ultra Quality Article!
|Formation||September 4, 2007|
|Headquarters||226 Ridgecrest Road, Polaris|
|Official languages||English, Pengunian|
|President||Sancho Monte Captio|
SkyAlliance is a major airline alliance created by Sancho Monte Captio in 2007. It has 15 airlines and over 40 destinations in the continent.
Sancho Monte Captio wanted to make an alliance, to unite the airlines of the continent, and make travel easier and faster for penguins, doing connecting flights, or traveling certain routes. So, in 2007, he set up the airline with five airlines, Club Penguin AirFlights, Air Antarctic, MammothAir, Aer Frysland and CP Airways. The alliance is the first and only airline alliance in the continent. Airlines can also have affiliates, or subsidiaries, such as regional airlines or any cargo subsidaries. Many airlines are joining the alliance, for better agreements with competing airlines, to get better in revenue, and also to also fly different routes.The airline alliance also has Alliance hubs, which are spread across the continent.
- SkyJet Airways (joined 2007, founding member)
- Club Penguin AirFlights (joined 2007,founding member)
- Air Antarctic (joined 2007, founding member)
- Aer Frysland(joined 2007, founding member)
- CP Airways (joined 2007, founding member)
- Air Pengolia (joined 2008)
- AmazingAir (joined 2008)
- Weddell Airways (joined 2008)
- UTA (joined 2008)
- Farleyan Airlines (joined 2009)
- Dorkair.co.dk (joined 2009)
- Airlines of New North Etana (joined 2009)
- AirTerra(joined 2009)
- StarJet (joined 2010)
- Peninsula Airlines: (joined 2010)
- Frosian Airwaves: (joined 2010)
- Margate Antarctic Airlines (joined 2011)
- PenguinConnection (Air Antarctic)
- TerraExpress (AirTerra)
- SkyJet Express and SkyJet Flyer:(SkyJet Airways)
- Air Chi Con (merged with Snowball Airlines and Viking Airlines to create Pacifica Airlines, later joined Chi Con Air Alliance)
- South Pole City International Airport
- Club Penguin City Airport
- Gemini International Airport
- Polaris International Airport
- Zürich Airport
- Margate City International Airport
Logo on Aircraft
Most SkyAlliance partners paint the logo on their aircraft, and also feature Star Alliance livery as well. They also put the logo on the tail fin, the aircraft's body of sometimes the belly.MammothAir was the first to paint their aircraft in the SkyAlliance livery. Most airlines paint a small 70 cm logo behind the cockpit, to signify that the airline operating the aircraft is part of the alliance. The final airline to do so was dorkair.co.dk, in June of 2009. There is an average of five aircraft in each airlines fleet which is painted in a SkyAlliance livery.
AlliancePoints, is similar to a frequent-flyer program, and has three levels, Silver, Gold and Platinum. Penguins with more points, get more privileges with each level. Points can be spent on flights, hotels or car rentals. Flights are with all airlines and subsidiaries as well. Points can be redeemed while shopping, buying air fare, or rewarded on special occasions.AlliancePoints are featured on small, plastic cards, which as much like credit cards.