Snow Island

From Club Penguin Fanon Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Snow Island
Country Sub-Antarctic Islands, United States of Antarctica
Area About 10 square miles
Monuments Julian's Lighthouse
Neighbourhoods Halburg Central, Halburg Beach, Matheson
Mayor John Tenkopps
Population 31,800
Inhabited species Penguins, Puffles
General information
Native name Snow Isle
Demonym Snow Islander
Founded 1800
Time zone (PST) Penguin Standard Time
Summer time (CPTZ) Club Penguin Time Zone (+1)
Area codes 770 (same as motherland)

Snow Island, nicknamed The Island of Fish, is a small island located 26 miles southwest of Club Penguin. Formerly an important port in the Sub-Antarctic, it was surpassed by Club Penguin when it opened in 2005, as CP was closer to the main SABER route than it was to Snow Island. Even though most of it's former population has emigrated to Club Penguin, it still is home to about thirty thousand penguins.

The island now relies on fishing to sustain its economy, although tourism is slowly playing an important role in its economy, as reefs have been discovered near the island.


Port Era[edit]

The island was first inhabited by a group of early fishermen in the late 1800s. The island was then known as Camperdown Island, and was one of the premier fishing areas at the time (and still is today). The abundance of fish led to many penguins emigrating to the island for a slower pace of life. However, emigration slowed when a tsunami came and hit the island, crippling its population and swallowing up a quarter of its original land area.

In 1850, the increasing spice and tea trade between the Asiapelago and the Ninja Archipelago caused the need for the Archipelagoan nations, especially Puffle'and to develop a port in the Sub-Antarctic. At that time, the ports of Margate were the only ones in the area, and landing on the mainland would take up precious time.

To get part of the share, the Puffish claimed the island as theirs, and developed the port and its town, today known as Halburg. Halburg's population rapidly grew, though unlike the Margatian ports, the population mainly comprised of Adelies and Emperor penguins as the journey from the Asiapelago was too expensive for the Zhouese and Enclave penguins who lived there. Development was quick, and by 1900 the population was about 20,000 penguins. During the war however, the island was a target for the Khanzem, and even though the island was not captured by the Khanzem or Japalandese, heavy bombing and the lack of bomb shelters quickly diminished the population, reducing it to about 3000 penguins after the war.

After the war, the island quickly recovered, and soon its trade was booming again. During this time, fishing became key component of its economy, at one time holding 51% of its economy and accounting for 20% of the continent's needs for fish.

Camperdown Island was heavily taxed by the Puffish during Colonial Antarctica, like most of the continent, and chose to join the Antarctic Revolution. It would later become part of the state of the Sub-Antarctic.

Overtaken by Club Penguin and Renaming[edit]

In 2005, Club Penguin was opened, and more boats docked there, as it was closer to the main SABER route than it was to Snow Island. Half of its population emigrated over the next 5 or so years to the new port. It was during this time that it began to snow rapidly, probably due to the decrease in population. It was also in this year that coral reefs were found off the coast of the island.

Tourism started to grow at a steady pace, as it was close to Club Penguin, there were coral reefs for snorkelling and the beaches were no longer polluted, making it a better place to surf. in 2008, Camperdown island was renamed to its current name, Snow Island.


  • Halburg (Pop.31,800) is the sole town on the island, a former port, and popular for fishing and boating as well.
  • Halburg Beach is a medium-sized beach a few kilometres away from the main town, and its popular with surfers. A resort is also located there
  • Harris Rocks are a small band of rocks, on the northeast side of the island, which serve as habitats and fisheries for mussels
  • Matheson Cliff, which is located next to the sea, is known for it's spectacular sunrises and sunsets as well.
  • Julian's Lighthouse, which is located on the tip of a small jetty near Halburg Harbor is popular for it's ocean views and its continued operation since it was first built in 1849.
  • Halburg Airport, is a regional airport located a few miles east of Halburg.


There are 31,800 inhabitants on the island, in which 95% are penguins, and the rest are Puffles. The population mainly consists of Adelie and Emperor Penguins. It's original population was over 60,000 penguins, but about half of them have since emigrated to Club Penguin

See also[edit]