South Pole Council
It is currently experiencing an expansion or major renovation. The information contained within it should not be considered fully accurate until this tag has been removed.
|South Pole Council|
|Headquarters||South Pole Capitol, Booklin, South Pole City, Polar District|
|Membership||46 States and Free Republics|
|- leader||Judge Xavier|
|- members||37 delegates, 3 vacant (See Seating Map, Red-Free Republic, Blue-State Green-Other)|
|- early times||1999-2001|
|- official start||1999|
The South Pole Grand Krytocric Legislative Council, or just the South Pole Council, is the presiding legislative government of South Pole City and the United States of Antarctica. The executive branch is controlled by President Spike Hike. The judiciary is maintained by the far-off GourdZoid Council Hall, located in Trans-Antarctica. They meet up in the Capitol Building in South Pole City twice a week to discuss and debate controversial topics and governmental decisions.
The council was founded in 2000, shortly after the independence of the USA. The council then, however was a violent group of penguins seeking the absorption of all of Antarctica to the USA. In 2002, however, Freezeland invaded the nation, and replaced them with the peaceful members of the councils as we know of today. 40 members representing the USA and its Free Republics are part of the council, but there has been a debate as whether to reform the council.
South Pole City was originally administrated by a group of penguins called "The Club", from its founding in 1997 to around 2000 or so. After "The Club" left to establish the port city of Club Penguin, they left Judge Xavier as the leader of a dictatorship which exists over the city to this day. Surprisingly, Xavier never went power crazy and continues to remain a great leader.
However, the other council members became corrupt, but in the War of 2002 in which the USA was invaded by Freezeland were they kicked out of the office. Today, 40 members representing the USA and its Free Republics are part of the council
The Council rarely holds any kind of comittee, debate, or voting session (the city practically runs itself), so Xavier mostly waddles around in circles and petting his miniature chair (don't ask). To make matters more wacky and complicated, the South Pole Council competes against the GourdZoid Council in a rather rough game of Paintball every weekend. Even weirder, they face off against skuas every Wednesday, in a game of Laser Tag.
The current presiding Speaker of the Council is Judge Xavier.
|State/Region Represented||Delegate One||Delegate Two||Term Started||Notes|
|Ross-Gentoo-Portal Isles||Aloom||Aqua Jet||June 25, 2013-Present||Formed from former Ross Island and Portal Island seats|
|Club Penguin||Mitchell Agroster||N/A||2013-present||Though not a state, CP was admitted as a member of the council because of its extremely large population that demanded more representation|
|Antarctic Peninsula||Henry Shipper||N/A||2009-present|
|EmotiVille||Governor Ponderer #1137||N/A||2009-present|
|Shiverpool||N/A≠||N/A≠||New position||New seat, effective 1 October 2013|
|East Bank City||N/A≠||N/A≠||New position||New seat, effective 1 October 2013|
|Aquarius||N/A≠||N/A||New position||New seat, effective 1 October 2013.|
|Mojave||N/A≠||N/A||New position||New seat, effective 1 October 2013.|
|Newton Town||N/A≠||N/A||New position||New seat, effective 1 August 2013.|
|Eastshield-South Pole City||Judge Xaiver||N/A||2008-present|
|Gemini||Timothy Klinkstin||Jerry Klinkstin||2009-present|
|Geattle||N/A≠||N/A||New position||New seat, effective 1 October 2013.|
|West Pengolia||Penghis Khan||N/A||2009-present|
|Ulaansnowtar||N/A≠||N/A||New position||New seat, effective 1 October 2013.|
|The Happyface State||Happyface141||N/A||2009-present|
|New Happyface City||N/A≠||N/A||New position||New seat, effective 1 October 2013.|
|Snowgo||N/A≠||N/A||New position||New seat, effective 1 October 2013.|
|Turtle Atoll||Melvin Turtleheimer||N/A||2009-present|
|New North Etana||Idoreconise||N/A||2009-present|
|New West City||N/A≠||N/A||New position||New seat, effective 1 October 2013.|
|Japalandese Special Territory||N/A≠||N/A||New position||New seat, effective 1 October 2013.|
|Uncharted States||Barkjon||N/A||2009 - present|
Note: ≠-Denotes Elections are taking place
- †-Denotes resignation or a death while in office
Bold represent states which is the state the italic places under them are part of. Italics represent places that are not states but are still important.
|State/Free Republic Represented||Delegate||Deputy Delegate(s)||Term Started|
|Freezeland||Triskelle||Sarah Star/Will Whitefoot||2009-present|
|Southern Ocean City||Icmer In Nyc||N/A||2009-present|
|Clearwater Island||Eve Lendfell||N/A||2009-present|
|Castilla||Jock Hochstadt||General Hermosa, Clovis Hochstadt||2011-present|
|Federal Republic of Polaris||Jacob Monte Captio||Sancho Monte Captio||2009-present|
|East Pengolia||Bolsheevic Penguinsky||N/A||2009-present|
|Shops Island||Phillip Johnson Ricci||Lavender, Chill57181||2013-present|
|Snowiny||Bolivia Tvorban||Robert Smith||2013-present|
Fudd Lapooh's desk. Watch out for that pie!
The New Carl Arnott at his desk.
Penghis Khan is very short.
Idoreconise at his desk
Metalmanager at his desk.
- Swiss Ninja's Desk.png
Swiss Ninja's desk
- Akbaboy at his Desk.PNG
Akbaboy at his desk.
- New states of the USA: The council debated for a very long time to decide what states to include in the USA. They now have decided to exclude any new land-based states that come forth as of 11/04/08, with the exceptions of water-based territories (like Weddell) or existing free republics that wish to gain the rank of stateship. New free republics are also allowed.
- The Humana Cathedral Papers: The council, especially Barkjon, Explorer, and Xavier, have debated long hours to decide what to do with the papers and 90-150 Island. The decision was to not return the papers to their original resting place (a vault deep beneath South Pole City) and to watch 90-150 Island carefully. Very carefully.
- Mabel: The council has debated over whether they should ban/expell Mabel from the USA, due to her antics. They decided not to, but have assigned "Prank Mabel Days" devoted entirely to annoying, mocking, aggravating, and pulling pranks on Mabel. Happyface141 is still debating and wants her to be banned from the world. Mabel is a serious issue though as she drove former Weddell delegate Hot Pocket84 criminaly insane.
- The LiquidFence Scandal: The council agreed to archive the LiquidFence Tapes in the exact same vault that The Humana Cathedral Papers were put in.
- The Sapie Brothers are two very strange penguins. The Council decided to start Project Tracker to see what they are up to.
- The Troublesome Trio is hilarious but evil. Seeing as all three of them were in the Council, Judge Xavier let the Trio be and denied any cases that came in after.
- Link: Link is a very mysterious penguin. They sent a search warrant out, and the current project to capture him is Project Link.
- Happyface141 has mysteriously been blocked. The South Pole Council and ALL penguins are trying to find a way to un-block him.
- Doble Islands want to succede from Weddell and form their own state. Penguins opposed to them say that the sea must remain one state. Hot Pocket84 has spent a long time debating this issue.
- The Hobo Next Door: Outside of the Capitol front gate is a poor, homeless penguin. At the end of every meeting/session, the council has a 5-minute debbate over whether they should give food and money to the penguin. Mabel is the prime debater on the side of not feeding the penguin, mostly because if she loses her case, she has to personally shop for the food.
- The Act to Procure Objects of Supernatural Abilities was proposed by Mitchell Agroster in early November of 2013. When resolution to the bill appeared to him not to be in reach, he locked the council members into the building and forced the bill to be debated on. He was immediately after arrested by the South Pole City Police Department, and his job suspended temporarily.
|The Honorable Judge Xavier|
Chief Justice of the United States of Antarctica
|Assumed office |
|Appointed by||The Club|
|Preceded by||N/A (position created)|
- Ford Car is always telling the same joke! Other members tried to kick him out of the council various times.
- Xavier has numerous phycological flaws. He has a nasty habit of screaming at mirrors, spinning in circles, and attempting to eat his gavel. His right eye has Amblyopia, and for some reason he has a pointy tooth he never bothered to remove.
- Xavier named his miniature chair "Jonesworth".
- Despite being a freak, Xavier somehow manges to preside over the town (when something happens) with a fair, steady flipper. It's really odd because of his quirks.
- Judge Xavier tends to bang his gavel for absolutely no reason whatsoever. Sometimes, he does it at home, and even in his sleep. He always follows with "ORDUH!! OORRRRRRDUHH!"
- Judge Xavier sleeps with Jonesworth on one side of the bed, and his gavel in his flippers. Sometimes, he sucks on it (like a chick sucks their flipper).
- Judge Xavier has never been seen without his judicial robes. In fact, no one completelty knows what he looks like because of it.
- The council is always in a bad mood when Mabel substitutes for Explorer 767, mostly because she always argues and is very picky. Judge Xavier has frequently attempted to shave Mabel bald, and Penghis Khan has attempted to slap her with a fish. The Great Snailzini from Snellville usually is the peace-keeper between the penguins and the puffle.
- Explorer 767, Barkjon, and Happyface141 are the most mischevious penguins on the council. Their antics range from throwing ice cream at 24Keyser, playing loud and interruptive chords on their electric guitars (especially when Mabel is talking), and setting off firecrackers underneath the council table.
- Every 2nd Friday in October is special to the council. This day, known as D-Day to the council members, is the day when the "Annual Demolition of the South Pole Council Table" occurs. Explorer 767, Barkjon, and Happyface141 set firecrackers under the table. BOOM! You know what happens next.
- The South Pole Council is rivaled against the GourdZoid Council, and plays Paintball with them every weekend.
- Tails6000 is known to get up and set the tables at the crack of dawn. He also gives everyone a free waffle.
- Swiss Ninja finds it boring and sleeps through the whole thing.
- Flystar has been known to have destroyed the main council building while in his Star Beast form with Evilface. He told the council, "Sorry, I can't channel my evilness when in Star Beast form. I have enough money to make it even BETTER than it was before!" He recieved his council seat by doing this. But sadly, Evilface didn't get a council seat, even though the work on the council was 50-50. Flystar is currently figuring out a way to make Evilface a council member as a city in Flystarland.
- Doctor Aye-Que was at one point a delegate, but he lost his position when Tails6000 beat him and revealed his evil plot to the world.