| Sub-Antarctica is an average quality article, but could be even better!
Take this article to the next level, and perhaps even further, by editing it, adding pictures, creating more sections, and adding links to make it a High Quality Article, or possibly an Ultra Quality Article!
Map of the Sub-Antarctic Islands
|Capital city||Club Penguin|
|Largest city||Metropolitan Club Penguin|
|Inhabitants||Penguins, Puffles, Crabs, Polar Bear|
|Leader||The Leader, Governor of the Sub-Antarctic Islands|
|Location||Off the coast of the west of USA, excluding the South Shetland Islands.|
|Alliances||South Pole Council|
|Neighbours||Antarctic Peninsula, Trans-Antarctica, West Pengolia|
Sub-Antarctica is a state of the United States of Antarctica, although some of the islands belong to other countries. It's capital and largest city is the world famous city of Club Penguin, which attracts millions of tourists each year. The state was greatly expanded in population after the Colonial Antarctica War, and is still expanding.
Before the Colonial Antarctica War, the islands were extremely sparsely populated, with only about 6,000,000 penguins living in the island. However, after the war, penguins, looking for a new life, spread all over the continent and started the settle the area. The growth was evident, because by 2005, the population of Sub-Antarctica was at 14,000,000, more than doubling the pre-war population.
That same year, when Club Penguin became a port city, other port towns, used to pass goods from the mainland to Club Penguin, sprouted all over the Antarctic coast. Altogether, the ports form the basis of the USA's economy: trading goods. Goods are transferred from the mainland states to these islands, and eventually around the continent, to other free republics or states. So many goods are transferred each year that the USA is quite rich. Around 30,000,000 penguins live in these islands, with 20,000,000 living in the Club Penguin Metropolitan Area, which consists of King George's Island, and Club Penguin Island. The rest of these islands are sparsely populated due to the isolation of the islands.
The government of Sub-Antarctica is the same as that of all the other states, and like the USA's government itself. The is the executive branch, which is the governor and his or her cabinet, the Legislature which makes the laws, and the Supreme Court, which overhears cases for the entire state. The Supreme Court building is huge, as it has to hear cases from all over Sub-Antarctica, being the only court in the whole state. The capital of the state is Club Penguin. The Leader is the state's current Governor, and the state is represented in the South Pole Council by Explorer (state representative), Aloom (Ross, Gentoo and Portal Islands), Mitchell Agroster (Club Penguin) and Leslie Jackson (Club Penguin City).
Sub-Antarctica's economy is almost completely based on trading, and there are many port cities and towns, with the largest in Club Penguin. Another part of the economy is tourism, as 25,000,000 penguins from all over Antarctica to visit Club Penguin every year. A small part of the economy is farming, since the soil in the islands are not very good for farming.
Despite having a stable and rich economy, according to The South Pole Times, around 50% of Sub-Antarctic live in poverty, and about 20% of that live in extreme poverty. Around 60% of these penguins live in the slums of East Club Penguin, and 95% of these poor penguins are nonmembers, denied basic penguin rights by EBUL. Nonmember discrimination is evident in Club Penguin, as there are member only rooms, schools, and restaurants. Of course, the Sub-Antarctican government hides this and denies this. If you drive on Highway 1 northbound in Club Penguin, look on your right side. There is a tall wall. On the other side is East Club Penguin.
- Club Penguin (black square) - Capital, business center and largest port city in the state. The city is modern, funky and jazzy. It attracts around 25,000,000 million tourists each year.
- King George's Island (KG) - Directly above Club Penguin Island - it's where Club Penguin City is located.
- Palm Island (PALM)
- Pengyboo Island (PB) - An island in the Pengydeen Volcanic Chain. It is located west to CP(I).
- Rockhopper Island (RH) - 'Tis is the home of Captain Rockhopper! There is said to be treasure here.
- Angel Island (AN) - The home of the Destruction Gems. The island actually floats and has a lot of scenery. Located extremely close to Rockhopper ISland.
- Portal Island (PI) - Major port island that was annexed into the USA in March 2010. It is a tropical paradise.
- Tremour Island (TRM) - The formerly acclaimed "Ninja Hideout", and a thunderstorm hotspot.
- New Ice Berg Island (NIBI) - Completely artificial island in the making.
- Verun Island (V2V) - Holiday resort and oldest founded island.
- Gentoo Island (GNT) - Home of the Gentoo Penguins and the PASA.
- Sunday Harbour (SDS) - Old-fashioned, peaceful island discovered when a Sub-Antarctic State Ferry boat crashed onshore.
- Ross Island (ROSS) - Special place inhabited by good pirates.
- Amery Island (AMERY) - Technically not within Sub-Antarctic boundaries but is legally part of it. Well known for providing most of the generated power for the USA and free republics.
- Spy Guy Island (TO BE ADDED) - Home of media and the arts.
- Icedevbe - First sub - antarctic state to be a actual state / country
- Port Blue (PBI) - Port Blue is a legal army base of Penguio that covers the Penguio Army area "Western USA"
Countries within Sub-Antarctic boundaries but not part of it
- Margate - A former free republic, pulled out of the FRU in 2011. A very prosperous and rich country.
- United Provinces - Partially within the Sub-Antarctic Islands area
- Ed Island - A medium-sized country known for its huge technological advancement ahead of other countries in the region.
- Acadia - An independent city-state located about 120 miles south of CP.
- Monitorpig - Was a country until it was annexed by Duck Island.
- Tempest Island - Was a country until it was annexed by Duck Island. Later, it was sold to another country.
Public Transport is hard to list down as there are not much. Islands which has the full public transportation system include Club Penguin City, Club Penguin, Gentoo Island and New Ice Berg Island. Islands which use buses frequently as their public transportation are Amery Island, Ross Island and Verun Island. There is not one island which only uses trains as their public transportation. Most other islands uses the most simple transportation modes: walking, flying (by plane) and teleporting.
Sub-Antarctic State Ferry operates as a ferry service. It starts in Club Penguin City, and makes a round trip back. Or vice-versa.
Small boats could be accessed by all islands. Some of the greatest ports are in Highlaw Island and Ross Island. Big ships could be accessed by some, like King George's Island/Club Penguin City/Portal Island and the newly built New Ice Berg Island.
All of the islands in the Sub-Antarctic have commercial airports, and is mainly served by Club Penguin City International Airport, Club Penguin City-Amherty Regional Airport, Lemon City International Airport, Club Penguin Island Airport and AdelVille City Airport. The state airline is SAIA,which provides regional inter-island service to all of the islands.
King George's Island and Club Penguin Island are the only islands in Sub Antarctica with divided highways, or otherwise known as freeways. There are roads in all the other islands, but the roads don't link any of the islands, with the exception of Club Penguin Island and King George's Island.
|Yowien Sea, South Shetland Islands||Antarctic Peninsula, Trans-Antarctica||Trans-Antarctica|