| Sub-Antarctica is an average quality article, but could be even better!
Take this article to the next level, and perhaps even further, by editing it, adding pictures, creating more sections, and adding links to make it a High Quality Article, or possibly an Ultra Quality Article!
Map of the Sub-Antarctic Islands
|Capital city||Club Penguin|
|Largest city||Metropolitan Club Penguin|
|Inhabitants||Penguins, Puffles, Crabs, Polar Bear|
|Leader||The Leader, Governor of the Sub-Antarctic Islands|
|Location||Off the coast of the west of USA, excluding the South Shetland Islands.|
|Alliances||South Pole Council|
|Neighbours||Antarctic Peninsula, Trans-Antarctica, West Pengolia|
Sub-Antarctica is a state of the United States of Antarctica, although some of the islands belong to other countries. It's capital and largest city is the very well known city of Club Penguin, which attracts millions of tourists each year. The city of Club Penguin and its metropolitan area makes up most of the state's population, with around 20 million of the state's 25 million people living in the Club Penguin Metropolitan Area. The state has greatly expanded in population after the Colonial Antarctica War, mostly in Club Penguin, and is still expanding.
Before the Colonial Antarctica War, the islands were sparsely populated, with only about 16 million penguins living in the Sub-Antarctic islands. However, after the war, many penguins looking for more opportunities, began to migrate all over the continent and some started the settle the area, particularly around the rapidly growing city of Club Penguin. The growth was evident, because by 2005, the population of Sub-Antarctica was at 20 million, a significant increase from the prewar population.
That same year, when Club Penguin became a port city, other port towns used to pass goods from the mainland to Club Penguin began to sprout all over the Antarctic coast. Altogether, the ports form the basis of the USA's economy: trading goods. Goods are transferred from the mainland states to these islands, and eventually around the continent, to other free republics or states. So many goods are transferred each year that the USA is quite rich. Around 25 million penguins live in these islands, with 20 million living in the Club Penguin Metropolitan Area, which consists of King George's Island, and Club Penguin Island. The rest of these islands are sparsely populated due to the isolation of the islands.
The government of Sub-Antarctica, located in the capital city of Club Penguin, is the same as that of all the other states, but different from the USA's government itself. There is the executive branch, which consists of the governor and their cabinet, the Legislative Assembly which makes the laws, and the Supreme Court, which overhears cases for the entire state. The Leader is the state's current Governor, and the state is represented in the South Pole Council by the state's representative, Explorer, along with Aloom, Mitchell Agroster, and Leslie Jackson, who represent the largest cities in the state.
Sub-Antarctica's economy is primarily based around shipping and trade, and there are many port cities and towns, with the largest being Club Penguin, which is the state's economic hub, as nearly all major financial institutions and businesses are located there. Another large part of the economy is tourism, as around 25 million penguins from all over Antarctica to visit Club Penguin every year. On the other hand, agriculture consists of only a small part of the state's economy due to the lack of available farmland, and most of the state's food is imported from other states.
- Club Penguin (black square) - Capital, business center and largest port city in the state. The city is modern, funky and jazzy. It attracts around 25 million tourists each year.
- King George's Island (KG) - Directly above Club Penguin Island - it's where Club Penguin City is located.
- Palm Island (PALM)
- Pengyboo Island (PB) - An island in the Pengydeen Volcanic Chain. It is located west to CP(I).
- Rockhopper Island (RH) - 'Tis is the home of Captain Rockhopper! There is said to be treasure here.
- Angel Island (AN) - The home of the Destruction Gems. The island actually floats and has a lot of scenery. Located extremely close to Rockhopper ISland.
- Portal Island (PI) - Major port island that was annexed into the USA in March 2010. It is a tropical paradise.
- Tremour Island (TRM) - The formerly acclaimed "Ninja Hideout", and a thunderstorm hotspot.
- New Ice Berg Island (NIBI) - Completely artificial island in the making.
- Verun Island (V2V) - Holiday resort and oldest founded island.
- Gentoo Island (GNT) - Home of the Gentoo Penguins and the PASA.
- Sunday Harbour (SDS) - Old-fashioned, peaceful island discovered when a Sub-Antarctic State Ferry boat crashed onshore.
- Ross Island (ROSS) - Special place inhabited by good pirates.
- Amery Island (AMERY) - Technically not within Sub-Antarctic boundaries but is legally part of it. Well known for providing most of the generated power for the USA and free republics.
- Spy Guy Island (TO BE ADDED) - Home of media and the arts.
- Icedevbe - First sub - antarctic state to be a actual state / country
- Port Blue (PBI) - Port Blue is a legal army base of Penguio that covers the Penguio Army area "Western USA"
Countries within Sub-Antarctic boundaries but not part of it
- Margate - A former free republic, pulled out of the FRU in 2011. A very prosperous and rich country.
- United Provinces - Partially within the Sub-Antarctic Islands area
- Ed Island - A medium-sized country known for its huge technological advancement ahead of other countries in the region.
- Acadia - A Free Republic located on a few islands about 120 miles south of Club Penguin.
- Monitorpig - Was a country until it was annexed by Duck Island.
- Tempest Island - Was a country until it was annexed by Duck Island. Later, it was sold to another country.
Public Transport is hard to list down as there are not much. Islands which has the full public transportation system include Club Penguin City, Club Penguin, Gentoo Island and New Ice Berg Island. Islands which use buses frequently as their public transportation are Amery Island, Ross Island and Verun Island. There is not one island which only uses trains as their public transportation. Most other islands use the most simple transportation modes: walking, flying (by plane) and teleporting.
Sub-Antarctic State Ferry operates as a ferry service which starts in Club Penguin City and travels across the entire state, stopping at the most important islands, before making its way back to Club Penguin City. As the entire state is located on islands, water travel is a commonly used method of transportation, and residents often use boats to go from one nearby island to another. Nearly all of the islands can be accessed by small boats, while larger ships can access some islands such as Club Penguin, King George's Island, Portal Island, New Ice Berg Island, and Ross Island.
All of the islands in the Sub-Antarctic have commercial airports, and the state is mainly served by Club Penguin City International Airport, Club Penguin City-Amherty Regional Airport, Lemon City International Airport, Club Penguin Island Airport and AdelVille City Airport. The state airline is SAIA, which provides regional inter-island service to all of the islands.
King George's Island and Club Penguin Island are the only islands in Sub Antarctica with divided highways, or otherwise known as freeways, as they are the largest and most populous islands. There are roads in all the other islands, but the roads don't link any other islands, with the exception of Club Penguin Island and King George's Island.
|Yowien Sea, South Shetland Islands||Antarctic Peninsula, Trans-Antarctica||Trans-Antarctica|