Ownage of Article
I consider this an article that I wrote - as I wrote most/almost all of it. Is it right to add an adoption template to this? P.S. This considers most canonical articles too. I'd like the general community's opinions on this. -- ¤ (User page!) (No cheesy quote, just leave a message!) 19:30, 8 May 2011 (UTC)
- Canonical articles should be free game, although like I said earlier on the IRC we may be able to get you an adoption template provided if we make another template for canon articles that states that the article is not related to canon and provide a link to the Club Penguin Wiki's canon article so that new users don't mix up fanon and canon. Zone 21:34, 8 May 2011 (UTC)
Continuity issue- article rewrite or grandfather clause?
The "SoundStudio Party" recently occurred on CP. Somehow I got to CPWikia, and I just found this image. As you can see, it's written by Aunt Arctic, and says the following:
|“|| Her big break was the Dance-a-thon in 2009. She really made an impression with her quirky catch phrases and awesome dance moves.
Then, in 2011, she teamed up with her purple puffle, Lolz, and started gaining momentum. I've heard that it was Lolz who inspired DJ Cadence to go beyond dancing and start singing too.
In 2012, she released her first album. Her big single, "The Party Starts Now", launched her into a new level of stardom.
Now, that's the classic Canon background that we all know. But, the thing is, AA has now officially slated the beginning of Cadence's career. Our Fanon continuity has Cadence releasing her first music album in 2009 instead of 2012, whereas CP has her only DJ-ing up until 2012.
So, the question here is, should we rewrite the Cadence-related articles to fit this solidified canon, or give it a grandfather clause? The whole argument is (according to the policy)- minor things must be changed, but major things that would wreck the continuity are given a grandfather clause; so is this major enough to screw up whole portions of continuity, or can it be easily solved?
I personally think it's minor enough that we can fix the continuity errors- re-write Cadence's career, and just change the time frame on her albums, but what do you think? WannaTalk? 07:25, 7 March 2015 (UTC)
I say Grandfather clause. Cadence was famous in Club Penguin since CP started I think in 2005, And The game devs just want to have comic book time. It wouldn't surprise me if they ret conned that to a later date in the future. Keep it consistent at 2009. Mectrixctic Talk to me! See the articles I worked on.. see my 5,685 edits! 07:38, 7 March 2015 (UTC)
Edit:apparantly she wasn't introduced until 2009, but that still made her famous to the player then and having her release the album earlier allows us to write more history for her.
- Yes, she was a famous DJ and dancer. But this isn't just what we like- we still have to follow the policy, and the policy states "Canon always wins, except if new canon would drastically harm a chunk of the wiki". In this case, it would only affect a few articles (Cadence, her discography & albums, maybe DJ Crow), not a whole chunk of the wiki, and as such I think we should conform to it. WannaTalk? 17:50, 7 March 2015 (UTC)
- ^ Agreed with CK. 20:48, 7 March 2015 (UTC)
- That's quite a scope of articles and the policy states that if it drastically changes the article (which it does since she has a lengthy music career) or several articles. So I think it fits. Mectrixctic Talk to me! See the articles I worked on.. see my 5,685 edits! 19:54, 7 March 2015 (UTC)
- Do it within moderation. Take it slowly and not rush changes, or else the ripple effects will be a tad bit much. -Wonderweez (Talk · Contribs) 06:47, 17 May 2015 (UTC)
- I do think we should change the articles, but as little as we possibly can to fit into this set canon- i.e. not removing whole chunks of history; since we know Ninjinian worked pretty hard to make this the UQA that it is today, and we don't want to ruin that legacy. I want to reintegrate as much history as I can (that would otherwise be deleted) back into the article to the best of my ability, for example, moving some of Cadence's album release dates around so they (the albums) still exist. WannaTalk? 06:52, 17 May 2015 (UTC)
Eh, music articles aren't that important. I think it'll be fine to change it. ULSK12 • Talk • Contribs • Youtube A water-dark Pokemon that's a ninja... it's MEWTWO! 07:23, 17 May 2015 (UTC)
I think that Canon should be implemented as much as possible, but not to the point where it will ruin the contributions of other users. as far as I can remember, wasn't DJ3K and the Dance off game both released simultaneously when Cadence rose to fame?
- Dance Contest was, but DJ3K came out months earlier at the Music Jam 2008 WannaTalk? 20:02, 17 May 2015 (UTC)
In my opinion (not that I'm being biased), this would affect her history and as mentioned before, the Fanon mentoring of DJ Crow, plus collaborations and other miscellaneous pieces of info. This is a little news article created by Club Penguin with little significance. If the Canonical world of Club Penguin made her "2012 debut album" a big deal then fair enough her history could be fast-forwarded a few years, but this doesn't seem to be the case. -- ¤ (User page!) (Talk page.) 15:26, 27 May 2015 (UTC)