This wiki strictly enforces a (stupid) policy of secularism and is against any references to religion whatsoever. A notable exception is Patriarch of Phone-based Expansion, which, even then, doesn't reference real life religion or mention it at all whatsoever. Christmas, in the meantime, is a Christian holiday. No matter how secular it is being made to this day (mostly by the left-wing in America), it is still a religious holiday as it celebrates the birth of Christ. There is no reason at all whatsoever, even if you consider Christmas not a religious holiday but a secular cultural holiday, for penguins to be celebrating Christmas.
I am against renaming Christmas on this wiki. But if we're going to force all other religious references out and ban religions whatsoever, let's ban this as well - let's rename this and make another holiday in its place which can keep the same Christian real life customs. Basically, the point is only to avoid explicit name references to real life Christian holiday - all that is asked. If you are against doing this but are in favor of banning and restricting religion, aren't you being hypocritical? Once again, I am in favor of (partially) removing religion ban and don't actually support this I'm proposing right now - I'm only proposing it to be fair to the religion ban. --Penstubal (Talk) (Edits) 14:02, 19 November 2017 (UTC)
- Exactly! The article says: "The tradition started off a long time ago during the 1900s. Somewhere in the 1918s, many penguins celebrated the surrender of the last Naughtzee resistance, and called it "Christmas"." That's it. Makes no sense - why would they call it Christmas? And explaining why humans have same holiday too: "It turns out that the Humans have this holiday too." Wow, what a coincidence! It just makes zero sense. Either rename the holiday in our universe, or remove religious secularism rule and make these two lines actually make sense and make a real reason behind them. --Penstubal (Talk) (Edits) 14:20, 19 November 2017 (UTC)
- Christmas is canon to CP, therefore it's canon here. --User:EDFan12345 15:13, 19 November 2017 (UTC)
- It isn't canon to CP since around 2010 or so when it became Holiday Party, for one, and for two, this wiki always enforced a strict secularism policy - if Club Penguin made a holiday celebrating Christian God and implemented various biblical stuff and gave free bibles to every penguin, would we implement that too? --Penstubal (Talk) (Edits) 15:15, 19 November 2017 (UTC)
- Stopped being used =/= no longer canon. Christmas was also mentioned by name in the first 2 yearbooks. ("We named the fluffy animals "puffles" and started rounding them up near the Snow Forts during Club Penguin's first Christmas party!" "The Penguin Band released an album to play in our igloos, and Thin Ice got put in the Lounge just in time for... CHRISTMAS!") Your argument about some sort of "bible party" makes no sense because it never happened and is therefore a moot point. --Chill57181 Talk Contribs 19:59, 19 November 2017 (UTC)
- Everyone else has a good point. The Christmas Party was in CP, therefore it's canon, and canon trumps all. However, on CP Christmas was a purely cultural holiday with zero religious reasoning or undertone, so that's how it is on the wiki- not a religious holiday. This is a pretty sad thing to complain about, wanting to change it to Merry Walrus like Disney did. Valentine's Day, St Patrick's Day and Easter are also canon holidays too so. CKSysop 23:48, 19 November 2017 (UTC)