Talk:Club Penguin Fanon Wiki
- 1 Uuuhhhhh....?
- 2 Cool Articles
- 3 according to irc
- 4 error message
- 5 Protection?
- 6 ADD MY ABSENCE
- 7 AUGH
- 8 Excuse me...
- 9 Wikipedia
- 10 Hmm...
- 11 My Absence
- 12 Walrus Hiccups
- 13 Google Help
- 14 How to add pictures?
- 15 Fanon
- 16 Name
- 17 HI....
- 18 Did you know...
- 19 Re:My India Parody
- 20 A UK Country
- 21 New War in the Future
- 22 FAOTM
- 23 New account
- 24 I'm still here
- 25 Remove Korean and Estonian
- 26 Update it
- 27 I'm back and some more stuff.
- 28 Hey
- 29 Update
- 30 Create a Page
- 31 Re: Create a Page
- 32 When
- 33 How can I deactivate?
- 34 Wiki Editing
- 35 This is a compliment
- 36 Wow
- 37 Let me just say
- 38 Image uploading help...
- 39 Create a Page
- 40 WOOHOO!!!
- 41 Just for the record
Uhhh, How come the Main Page was unprotected? It is a main vandalism target.Falcoz 20:31, 26 January 2009 (UTC)
Ok.Falcoz 20:45, 26 January 2009 (UTC)
Ok, that makes sense. Thanks for the explanation!Falcoz 04:01, 27 January 2009 (UTC) can u make a story for flywish?
My Atwicle is cool! -- Manny Peng
according to irc
Did you REALLY have to move it? -Mariothemovie
- Who are you?--Agent Johnson 00:35, 27 November 2010 (UTC)
- Yes, yes we did. Oasis not only looks like crap, it loads like crap, too. Besides, the Staff here are VERY nice, and we get other benefits as well. (@Leader - Mariothemovie founded the wiki.) Yours Truly, Explorer 767 (I am a vast
suppositoryrespository of information.) View this template 00:38, 27 November 2010 (UTC)
The first time i clicked this page i got an error message. I document the error message (same one) on the other penguin wiki. Anno1404 07:50, 18 December 2010 (UTC)
I really think that's unnecessary. How many vandals do you see here? And we'll just rollback the edits if it ever happens. Some things on the main page require access from the community. I don't even see why you protected this page. ----Icmer In Nyc The best way to eat pie is to throw it at someone's face. My contributions 21:40, 18 February 2011 (UTC)
- High potential for abuse: vandalism of this page could turn people off as it is our main portal. --refractor the statue got me high<staff /> 22:09, 18 February 2011 (UTC)
- Unprotect it. If it gets vandalised, someone will notice and fix it, and if we leave it protected, people can't put up absences and announcements and such. --THE SHEEP! |FIGHTTHEPOWER! (Stuff I did and stuff) 08:46, 19 February 2011 (UTC)
- Seems kinda pointless to unprotect it seeing as nobody gives a crap about who is absent and nobody reads the main page announcements since there's global announcements at the top of every page. While I agree that we don't get many vandals here, its simply because of the protective measures set up to stop vandalism. Zone 11:47, 19 February 2011 (UTC)
- Unprotect it. If it gets vandalised, someone will notice and fix it, and if we leave it protected, people can't put up absences and announcements and such. --THE SHEEP! |FIGHTTHEPOWER! (Stuff I did and stuff) 08:46, 19 February 2011 (UTC)
ADD MY ABSENCE
|“||TurtleShroom will be absent from April 6th, 2011, to April 10th, 2011! He would like to say: VACATION to the mountains of Tennessee! Yeah baby!||”|
— TS' absence note
I'm going on vacation tommorrow and will be inactive.
--† TurtleShroom™! Jesus Loves You and Died for You!! † :) :) King of CP now possesses the so-called 'Amulet of All'. We're pretty sure you know what that means. † † Hi Corai! ――–――――― 21:41, 5 April 2011 (UTC)
- I'M BAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK!! --† TurtleShroom™! Jesus Loves You and Died for You!! † :) :) <keywords content="club penguin, CP, Club Penguin Wiki, Club Penguin Fanon Wiki, children's game wiki, rockhopper, aunt arctic, gary the gadget guy, yarr, elite penguin force, EPF, herbert, puffle, CPW, TurtleShroom, Explorer, fanon, Club Penguin Fan Fiction Wiki, fan fiction, CPFW, penguin, child-friendly, online writing, wiki, Swiss Ninja, XTUX, humor, funny, safe, secure, free, membership, Free Membership, MMOG, MMORPG, self-hosted, Arda, Bill Gate$, art website, EBUL, MIB, VandenHoek, Un-Club Penguin Wiki, Club Chicken, hilarous, " />OVERALL ENTHUSIASM OVERALL ENTHUSIASM OVERALL ENTHUSIASM, YEEEEE-HAAAWW! † † Maybe if I sign everything with "Club Penguin" and "Club Penguin Fanon Wiki" in it, I'll get GOOGLE JUICE here. ――–――――― 19:04, 10 April 2011 (UTC)
I need to re-upload the Aunt Agatha image, but I cannot because it is cascade-protected, as it is featured on the main page. Can someone please unprotect the Main page until I can re-upload the image? Thanks.--XTUX345: "May the Bird of Paradise fly up your nose! May an elephant caress you with his toes!" 17:02, 19 May 2011 (UTC)
You should try comparing Fanon's mainpage to Wikipedia's there are VERY FEW differences. Wikipedia might sue us for this.
--05:30, 21 May 2011 (UTC)
- Funny thing, didn't even have Wikipedia in mind when I made it. I just tried to keep everything simple and sweet. Also no Wikipedia will not sue us as it is licensed under Creative Commons.
- Also, several differences;
- -Main header does not have a banner
- -Right side is grey not blue
- -Doesn't have other areas of CPFW/CPFW sister projects/CPFW languages
- -Doesn't have purple box with featured picture
- -Doesn't have a contact us box, doesn't have new users box
- The style might be similar to wikipedia, but the content isn't. Just sayin' :P Zone <staff /> 06:08, 21 May 2011 (UTC)
Zone's mainpage design is actually a variant of the standard wiki front page design you see all the successful wikis have. Obviously, they have drawn from Wikipedia too. Just look at wikis like the Star Wars wiki, Ratchet & Clank wiki, Simpsons wiki, all of these share the fundamentals that were created by Wikipeda. --Tigernose Talk • Contribs 09:57, 21 May 2011 (UTC)
I'll be gone until the 10th of July or so.
Lately I've been having a lot of these after the host switch. Continuous "Oops, we have a hiccup!" pages. I even think they are more prevalent than the 404 pages they replaced. I one time experienced 5 of these pages in a row. Icmer In Nyc 78% of PC gamers have played Minecraft. No wonder why our eyesight is so bad. 22:43, 18 October 2011 (UTC)
IKR?! I'm tired of those keep popping up, and I hate the image on there. Can an admin please change the walrus image, it's stupid! Change it to just a walrus maybe at a computer, or messing with some wires! Plus that one word the penguin says isn't even allowed in the wiki. Change it please.
We need to get rid of the "You're not logged in message" because that's what is showing up in Google. And we need to add the favicon to the main page because G+ thinks the picture next to the "Did you know..." is the logo to the wiki. Icmer In Nyc 78% of PC gamers have played Minecraft. No wonder why our eyesight is so bad. 22:45, 18 October 2011 (UTC)
How to add pictures?
I made a new page, but I don't know how to upload the picture! Sillybudz
- Oh, okay. (Because it's like a fan canon). Lollipop386Walkie TalkieCont 22:34, 4 September 2012 (UTC)
I have seen Andrew change his name once, but I have no Idea how to do this. It's just that I am slightly bored with the name "Amigopen" and I want to change it. Is there a way to do this? --not amigopen 05:48, 2 October 2012 (UTC)
HI....I am wondering, what am I supposed to do here? 01:45, 6 December 2012 (UTC)~Redspeed3
Did you know...
Hmm... I think that the Did you know...? Section on the main page needs an update to newer and more curious fanon facts. Anyone agrees? --Click here or here!!! Oh, and this is Fooly8. Yay!!! :D 02:24, 2 August 2013 (UTC)
Re:My India Parody
- anyone?Please?at least say somethinng?--Osheco (DIS MAH PAYJ) but visit mah talk 2 (talk) 06:53, 23 October 2013 (UTC)
(My Talk Page) 14:58, 30 October 2013 (UTC)
- I was thinking Windia.Technically owned by osheco as his great-great-........................Grandfather founded it.--Osheco (DIS MAH PAYJ) but visit mah talk 2 (talk) 05:57, 31 October 2013 (UTC)
- Osheco frees it from the puffs,with the help of other countries.The SPC declares that they shall govern it,osheco can only advise and if he does well for 2 months,he can rule/establish a government there.Then gives a speech like 'Tryst With Destiny'.
A UK Country
I would like to make a parody of the UK,but I know that you need admin approval to make a country. It is fine if I am not allowed,all I want is a responce.
Thanks for telling me. Also,I just saw the rules saying no more countrys. If no more countrys are allowed,could I instead make a colony? -Toddle1grey(Sorry,I just do not understand the code)
Not sure about that, aren't they pretty much almost the same thing? And if your going to make a colony of Puffle'and, im not sure if you'd be allowed as it's Swiss's article. --Best Wishes, Penstubal November is the month of magic 13:43, 3 November 2013 (UTC)
Colonys are usually under the leadership of a country. It would be a Puffle'and colony,and it would be a parody of British Colonial Africa. Of course,I would get Swiss Ninjas permission before I created it. -Toddle1grey
Also,I have just thought about creating a African Parody Continent so that if my colony is allowed,it would have somewhere to stay. -Toddle1grey
New War in the Future
Hello people. I was planning a conflict between Jedi and Sith in the future. It will be after the death of Swiss Ninja. It's called the Jedi-Sith War. If you are interested in this conflict and want to get involved, sign up below. --His Majesty Slenderman the White King (talk) 09:34, 25 November 2013 (UTC)
- I dunno. I am nominating the story for deletion for now. We'll talk on Shops IRC. --His Majesty Slenderman the White King (talk) 11:58, 25 November 2013 (UTC)
Hello there! I just want to point out something before more users message me about this:
A few years back I had the account "Manbu3" and was somewhat active on the wiki. Now I have forgotten my old password and use this account. If you see me majorly edit any of the articles the user "Manbu3" created it is just myself improving on my old work.
I can't think of any way to prove I am Manbu3, but if you really do need proof then you may message me about how I can prove to you I am in fact the same person on a new account and I can.
Thank you for your time. It feels good to be back :)
I'm still here
If anyone thinks I'm gone,I'm not.Just running out of ideas.wanna make some characters before taking part in anything.Send ideas on my talk if you can.if possible,put this on thesite notice.--Osheco (DIS MAH PAYJ) but visit mah talk 2 (talk) 04:26, 30 December 2013 (UTC)
Remove Korean and Estonian
We should remove the Korean and Estonian language sections from the mainpage language header. Considering there is only one article in Korean and none in Estonian, I believe that having main pages for those languages would just dupe Koreans and Estonians into falsely believing that there are articles in their languages, even when there aren't. -- Bro Talk to me! 03:24, 12 January 2014 (UTC)
Swiss or Amigo you need to update featured picture (if there is one chosen),the featured article which is this, and the featured user. -- Abdul54 The lazy prince of cheese (Speak,Check what I did, or look at My 3 Main Characters) 13:02, 1 February 2014 (UTC)
I'm back and some more stuff.
My exams are over and I'm back.Will be using my phone from now on (its easier).Need help with: |Osheco |Freeing Hindia (yes,i wont give it up) |A charcter who has a crush on osheco and vice-versa |Better map of hindia |A diary of hindian festivals by osheco in first person.
Sincerely requesting your help.
This is Rogue. I noticed the Featured Newcomer. Shouldn't we update that? Thanks. --ARB
I think the homepage should be updated to show the featured artice, user and image of august. Also, is it ok if I call the wiki "The Winternet"?
Create a Page
Re: Create a Page
I'm having difficulties with Create a Page. Also, I noticed there is a Portuguese and a Spanish version of the Main Page. If you would like me to make a French version, that'll be no problem. Thanks! HappyDance9 (talk) 17:12, 7 November 2014 (UTC)
- It's been broken for a while. An alternative is to type in the name of the article you want to create in the search bar, and it will give you the redlink. You can start writing from there. ULSK12 • Talk • Contribs • Youtube Working on a story! 21:15, 7 November 2014 (UTC)
How can I deactivate?
It's been a fun ride, but I must bid the CPFW adieu. I'm a little too old to be writing fan fiction about an internet game I haven't played in years. How can I deactivate?
- What do you mean by deactivate? --Perapin20:54, 14 April 2015 (UTC)
This is a compliment
- I... wasn't working on this last year? Also, I was working on it for a single sleep-deprived hour. ULSK12 • Talk • Contribs • Chief of Forest Guarding Services 06:50, 1 April 2016 (UTC)
It's better than nothing, PE. It was very rude of you to point out that it wasn't good, when we can all see how much time Star spent editing countless pages and templates to decorate, and it would have been much easier to just say something positive, or nothing at all ("If you don't have anything nice to say..."). I like it Star, good job :) WannaTalk? 13:54, 1 April 2016 (UTC)
Can I pls have credit too.PE has a good idea here, also i helped out with something too -- Quackerpingu (talk). These aren't the YT-1300 light freighters you're looking for 16:42, 1 April 2016 (UTC)
Psst. This is opposite-speak. You don't know how to think opposite? -- This isn't a Puffle. If you wanted one, TOO BAD. BTW, your ride's leaving. Pie. 22:07, 1 April 2016 (UTC) (p.s. no reason to stir up, it was a joke)
Well, when the lights go off, chaos rises. When I un-oppositized the thing, I meant what I said. You don't take jokes the right way, huh? WELL, HAPPY APRIL FOOLS. I WAS JOKING. CAN'T YOU TELL A JOKE WHEN YOU SEE ONE? I'm so sorry- I had to release all that anger, and I've already got an Ender Dragon toy to keep me busy. Wow. Why so edgy on a simple JOKE? I'm starting to reach my boiling point. You DON'T wanna see my boiling point. So stick with me, no more Opposite nonsense. It's over, it's been a horrid day. Goodbye, day of the foolish. Hello Spring Break! (It's spring break for me this week) -- This is a Puffle. This is a talk page. Here's a notepad. This is Snow. Snow says hi. 12:41, 2 April 2016 (UTC)
Shush your zipper, past me. A joke's a joke... and you did make a point that we DON'T need to be discussing this RIGHT now, but I'm taking the time to do EXACTLY that. Hooray! -- This is a Puffle. This is a talk page. Here's a notepad. Hi!!!!1!!!1!!11!!!one!!1! 00:03, 27 September 2016 (UTC)
I'm amazed that this place still exists. I'm amazed that Seahorse hasn't thrown in the towel and still pays to maintain the network.
And honestly I really don't see why I found this site appealing in any way. I mean, I was writing fanfiction of all things. About a game where the only game mechanics are where you play flash games to get more coins. The rest is just talking to people and playing pretend.
The stories posted here don't even read out like stories. They read out like scripts. And the stories that are featured articles here are just silly and dumb.
Let's take Great Darktonian Pie War for example.
The premise of the story itself is stupid. Here you have this big bad guy known as Darktan that wants to take over Antarctica and he's fighting everyone and everyone's fighting him... with pies.
Pies. Of all things.
The story tries to be funny and serious at the same time, yet it just comes across as goofy and ridiculous.
Take the first paragraph of the prologue for example;
"In the beginning there were two deities whose names remain unknown, so we’ll just call them call them Steve and Dave. The two always argued, and due to some details that won’t be revealed until the 4th book in the series, Steve was deleted along with pretty much the whole planet they lived on. It was at that point Dave got this great idea. He was all like, “Let there be articles!” And lo there was a multiverse, and it was good."
WHAT DOES THIS EVEN MEAN?
Seriously. It's like the guy who wrote that didn't even bother to try. "Hey, we don't know the names of these two deities but for some reason we happen to know what they did!"
And Steve gets DELETED? WHY DOES HE GET DELETED? WHERE DO THESE ARTICLES COME FROM? This is incredibly lazy writing.
Let's read a bit more;
"Skip to a few millenniums later in the CPFW Universe, and was war is taking place. A war between the forces of good and evil, and all that other cliché stuff."
First off, "and was war is taking place" isn't even gramatically correct.
Secondly, YOU'VE JUST CALLED THE STORY YOU WERE WRITING CLICHE. Congratulations on getting rid of all reader interest! Not like the first paragraph did a good enough job of that.
I never realized how terrible the writing is here until I left and actually saw this place again after a few years.
I think I'll go for the big fish now. The article that has to be put in EVERY SINGLE ARTICLE.
The Krytocratic Republic of the United States of Antarctica, the United States of Antarctica, or, USA
Krytocratic? You're talking about Kratocratic are you? I'll define what a kratocracy is since the person who wrote it doesn't seem to know what he's talking about;
- kratocracy (plural kratocracies)
- A government established by seizure utilizing force or deceit with rule maintained by strength
So this means that those who are the strongest will rule others. They tell you what's right and wrong. Basically, if you're strong enough to seize power through force or cunning then you rule.
I checked the infobox, which links to the Kritarchy article on Wikipedia. Here, if anyone's interested
So basically, the USA is ruled by a group of manipulative jewish judges. I can see why it has the same name as the United States of America then. Lol. And I can't really tell what Rockhopper is holding on that second flag. That second flag looks like what would happen if Rockhopper joined a UK punk band or something. Lol.
"The USA was founded on October 22, 2000 to reorganize the scattered penguin colonies across Antarctica. It rapidly grew as tons of penguins flocked to the cities. To solve the overload of penguins, the entire country went online, using different servers to spread the citizens evenly."
Why would the penguins flock to the cities? It doesn't elaborate.
And I've never heard of a country going online before. Spreading the citizens by using different servers? So is this place real or not? I know you're breaking the forth wall here but this is just like the Pie War article; lazy writing. I've only gotten up to the background section and from what I can gather, the USA is virtual and is ruled by a corrupt government that favors the elite.
Is this like The Matrix or something? Because it sounds similar to The Matrix. For those who don't know, The Matrix is a movie trilogy (The Matrix, The Matrix Reloaded, The Matrix Revolutions). Its plot was pretty much "real life doesn't exist, it's all a virtual world controlled by machines and governed by programs"
I'd even go so far as to say the good guys are the bad guys, and the bad guys are the good guys. The good guys seem to be preserving this rule of government while the bad guys are trying to liberate everyone from it.
I'm not saying my articles were perfect either. I will not say which ones are mine though, I'd prefer to remain anonymous. I look at the articles I made on this site and they're just as terrible. But the thing this site has going for it, is it's so bad it's hilarious.
Ban me, delete this post, whatever you feel like doing in response to my constructive criticism. It doesn't matter to me. This site is just a chapter of my life that has now been closed.
- Uhh... I agree with your criticism that this place has become too country-focused, but who are you, exactly? ULSK12 • Talk • Contribs • Chief of Forest Guarding Services 10:58, 21 May 2016 (UTC)
- t. salty former user --User:EDFan12345 11:22, 21 May 2016 (UTC)
- Also I love how you say you're a former user, yet literally everything you have said was around since wikia, so you've either never thought anything of them and you're just looking for ways to try to look like such a cool guy criticizing everything but being "I'm so cool" anonymous. So my guess is that you've never been a user here and you're just trying to act like an ebin troll.
- You know absolutely nothing. I was here since 08 and I don't recall seeing you around back then. You say you were here since 09, yet you did nothing noteworthy so nobody remembers you anyway. I can rattle off so much that happened on this site. The whole Webmaster fiasco? Yeah, I was here for that. This was back when Wikia had a shoutbox and not that Oasis skin. In fact, the only reason why you guys even have an IRC channel in the first place is because Wikia removed the shoutbox. If that was still there, there'd be no IRC. ZapWire was the one who started all that off. But hey, continue beating a dead horse. I bet you think you're real funny spouting memes and all that, you must pull so many chicks at your high school with that stuff, huh kid? You sound like the type of person that ends up on cringe threads. Let's have a look at your articles eh? Looks like none of them have quality templates, but they're so barebones and boring I don't really see why anyone would bother to evaluate them in the first place.
So, mystery user, would we know you if you spoke your name? In a way I'm happy to see old users return, but there's no need to get all hostile (either side). The site has definitely slowed down (because the game has, I only know a few people that actually visit it), and changed its focus since 2008 (unfortunately). Constructive criticism is welcome, and of course we have our flaws, but this is a fan fiction website for fans (or former fans) of Club Penguin, what do you expect? Since you edited here at one point in time as well, and hopefully enjoyed that time, that "chapter" in your life, you should at least have respect or understanding for what we do here today. We try to continue the legacy and the universe that was handed to us from the past generation of users. It might not be exactly the same, but every user is different, every user is special in their own way. Everyone has something to bring to the table. It just so happens that the current generation is more "mature" than the last, more interested in politics and violence- but we have over 5000 articles, so we can afford a few likes that (but I do wish people would start writing stories again). I know you probably don't want to "waste" your time here, but I'd love to talk to you if you ever would like to go on the IRC, I'm quite interested in the history of this place and its users, but I can only find out so much from archived pages. WannaTalk? 21:33, 21 May 2016 (UTC)
- It would be too controversial. Mystery adds allure, anyway :) since you seem to be the only person that wrote an educated response I'll be happy to talk to you on IRC. Only you though, these other newbs aren't worth the effort.
- Oh come on, I just asked a question :( ULSK12 • Talk • Contribs • Chief of Forest Guarding Services 05:43, 22 May 2016 (UTC)
Let me just say
Image uploading help...
- It's better to just right click and save the image which is what most of us do. I've never used any URL related uploading or stuff like that, I usually just uplaod images that i've saved. Hope I helped :) --Wikipenguino (talk • contribs • articles) Spooky Scary Skeletons! 07:46, 20 October 2016 (UTC)
- I also want to make a proper template called OddPenguin but I can't quite get it right, as it looks like a normal sentence. Tips? I'm a cool penguin! (talk) (talk) 06:31, 26 October 2016 (UTC)
- Quacker I believe helped fix it up for ya, make it amboxified and all that already so it should be fine. You can see the Template:Ambox for more info on ambox templates which should show you how to use them correctly and edit them correctly. I also advise that you might wanna work on a few articles at a time before starting another one like most users here. Too many articles with minimal info crowds up the database and fills the wiki with stubs. --Wikipenguino (talk • contribs • articles) Spooky Scary Skeletons! 11:36, 26 October 2016 (UTC)
- Did you mean how big or small a page has to be to reach a certain level? I don't think there's a list for that but you can usually tell if a page is a stub or an LQA due to pure lack information. AQAs are articles that are just ok I belive. HQAs are ones that can have many sections, info and are more detailed. But UQAs have to be the best an article can possibly reach. I'd recommend looking at a few of these examples. But keep in mind it's not so much about the quantity, more about the quality :) --Wikipenguino (talk • contribs • articles) Merry Christmas! 11:05, 5 December 2016 (UTC)
Create a Page
Hey Guys, I am here to create a new page of a penguin. I am, By the way, New to this Wiki but i have been Playing Club penguin since 2009. So the problem is i want to create a page but it's saying that you have no permission to create a page, so how do i apply permission? Please tell me about it. Thanks.
- The system is automatically made so that you aren't allowed to create pages until you've been around for a few days (I do believe it's because of the large number of spambots), but you can ask someone to create the page for you and you can start editing from there. I'll make it for you if you want. ULSK12 • Talk • Contribs • BATCHIRIMINAAAAAA 11:37, 25 November 2016 (UTC)
PS - Why did the wiki go down?
- There was an SQL error with the database. The site server just needed to be reset is all. --User:EDFan12345 01:20, 30 January 2017 (UTC)
Just for the record
It's quite disappointing to see that the person who comes to mind when someone posts a 'pissy rant' Bro is myself. I'm not the person above, at all. And I'd appreciate it if accusations made without evidence weren't made.--Imperator Johnson (Defender of Fanon|Bane of Turtles|Slayer of Mushrooms) 21:06, 18 March 2017 (UTC)