| Trans-Antarctica is an average quality article, but could be even better!
Take this article to the next level, and perhaps even further, by editing it, adding pictures, creating more sections, and adding links to make it a High Quality Article, or possibly an Ultra Quality Article!
Location of the state.
|National name||State of Trans-Antarctica|
|Capital city||Pengu Town|
|Neighbours||Eastshield, Antarctic Peninsula, West Pengolia, The Happyface State,|
The State of Trans-Antarctica, more commonly known as Trans-Antarctica is one of the eight states in the USA. It used to be a rather backward state, with many mountain ranges and walrus-filled coasts which left little room for development. Until 2010, it was the second-richest state in Antarctica, as its multitude of rock mines allowed for the production of the nation's currency - the pebble. After the pebble's devaluation and replacement in the same year, the state started to diversify its economy and today is gradually becoming a rich state.
The Trans Antarctic region was once mostly uninhabited due to it's harsh terrain and abundance of killer walruses. Not much is known about the state's past, but in 1919, the Snowman Empire was established in this area, gradually expanding to control half of Antarctica. Many small villages were built in the northern part of the state, and the capital, Snowme was established in the mountains of the state. In 1935, the empire collapsed, and the area came under the control of the Fire Kingdom. During this time, the rest of Trans-Antarctica was settled, and many cities and towns were built. After Olde Antarctica fell in 1990, and as penguins were segregated into their respective colonies, most of Trans-Antarctica was abandoned.
After the Colonial Antarctica War was over, the USA government decided to explore the new lands they had acquired from Puffle'and. As Trans-Antarctica was home to dangerous creatures and terrain, only a few parts were settled or mapped. So, the USA sent a captain, John Wilson and a few others to explore the land. Captain John Wilson is mainly credited for mapping much of Trans-Antarctica. Once the land was mapped, many former soldiers and loyalists moved to Trans-Antarctica, as the new USA offered 150 acres to any settler how stayed and settled the land for five years. Many cities grew overnight, leading the USA to give Trans-Antarctica state in 2001.
Though many farms and settlements had been established, Trans-Antarctica was originally thought to be worthless economically until the official currency of the USA was decided, the pebble. The state was chock-full of rough, but brittle rocks. Geologists, and adventurers looking to make a lot of money quickly, flocked to the state to chip away at the stone, producing small fragments that could be legally used as pebbles. Aside from boosting the state's economy, this event, known as the Pebble Rush, increased the population of Trans-Antarctica greatly, as many people stayed behind to continue mining the pebbles while companies established pebble mines, causing workers to move there to work in the mines.
In 2010, the devaluation of the pebble caused a new currency - the Fish to replace it. The Fish would stay on par with the Club Penguin Coin unless the CPC under appreciated 50% of its value. This meant the stone mines could only be used as building materials. The economy collapsed, and is gradually recovering. On December 20 that year, 24Keyser resigned after facing riots in the cities of Mojave, Newton, Pengu Town and Aquarius, leaving his vice-delegate, Bob McGoo, as the representative and governor of the state. McGoo quickly started the construction of metro networks and aggressive advertising, urging penguins from the nearby richer areas of Margate, Club Penguin and South Pole City to invest in the area.
Today, the state is now growing, with a population of 35,020,019 penguins as of May 2014, which went up to 38,243,908 in June 2018, and is the fastest growing state in the United States of Antarctica. The economic collapse due to the devaluation of the Pebble meant that the state had to find other sources of income, and under governor Boo McGoo, the state built or expanded ports in the cities of Mojave, Newton Town, Pengu Town, Aquarius, and Port Dragon. Since then, Trans-Antarctica's economy has shifted from relying on mining Pebbles to shipping and tourism, as the state's many landmarks draw millions of visitors each year to various parts of the state.
The government of Trans-Antarctica is unlike that of the United States of Antarctica, which is a krytocracy based on the rule of judges instead of elected politicians, but is instead based on the system of government used by Acadia and some other republics, along with most of the states in the country. There is a governor, who is a part of the executive branch along with the Lieutenant Governor and other members of the cabinet, a bicameral legislative assembly, consisting of the upper Senate, with 100 seats, and the lower House of Representatives, with 400 seats, and the Supreme Court, which consists of 9 justices.
- Sealville County - A small county, formed from the city of Sealville and its surrounding areas.
- Pengu Town County - The second largest county, made up of Pengu Town and most of the western part of the state.
- Mojave County - Third largest county, occupies Mojave and most of the central part of the state.
- Aquarius-Newton county - Most densely populated and second smallest county, consisting of Newton Town, Aquarius, and the surrounding areas south of the mountains.
- GourdZoid County - Consisting of GourdZoid, the abandoned town of Pingko and the Trans-Antarctic Mountains, it is the largest and least populated county. Also home to the Snoss-influenced town of Mergelin.
- Dragon County - The fourth largest county, it consists of the city of Port Dragon at the mouth of the Sunshine Fjord, along with the Sunshine Fjord itself and the surrounding area.
- Kurt County - The county consists of Everton, which was forged at the bottom of a forest. Near the Sunshine Fjord and Mojave.
All those very special places in Trans-Antarctica.
- Hackzon Valley: An infamous valley town containing mostly leopard seals, evil aliens, and hackers. Located between two tall mountains.
- Skuavo: This lies the HQ of the skua gangsters.
- 90-150 (mainland): Like 90-150 Island, this glitched ice shelf is a terrible place to live. Was admitted to Trans-Antarctica in 2008. Later, half of the ice shelf had been converted into normal land, leaving only the coastline.'
- Sunshine Fjord: This rocky canyon, which was carved out by the Sunshine River, ends at a spectacular arch that crosses the fjord walls at the mouth of the river. Every summer, the first sunrises occur here repeatedly, until the sun finally stays in the sky for the rest of the summer.
- Polar Forest: This forest lies on the outskirts of Pengu Town. It is not the main forest covering the middle of Trans-Antarctica, just the outskirts.
- Itinerod Circuit -- Although not really a landmark, this mail train route between Trans-Antarctica and Eastshield is a very important part of the postal infrastructure.
- Sierra Canal: A canal which runs from Hackzon Valley into the Sunshine Fjord.
Islands annexed or belonging to Trans-Antarctica.
- Puffle Island: An island for puffles. Annexed to the state from Sub-Antarctic in 2006, and ceded back to Puffle'and in 2008.
- Fruit Island: The main island for fruits. Found and annexed in 2006 also.
- Penglantis: An underwater city between the mainland and 90-150 Island.
- 90-150 Island. This place... well let's just say you don't wanna be here. Discovered by Barkjon of Club Penguin, this island is named for its similarity to the other 90-150, a strip of barren land in Trans-Antarctica. The difference is that this island is full of hackers.
Italics represent the Uncharted States
Bolded Italics represent uninhabitated areas NOT in the Uncharted States.
At least half of the Uncharted States are located here. These only belong here, but are mainly represented by Barkjon and belong to the group.
Most of Trans-Antarctica's population lives in the coastal cities of Sealville, Pengu Town, Mojave, Aquarius, Newton Town, Port Dragon, and other smaller towns along the coast. A sizable part of the population is also situated in the small towns and farms of the north of the state, along with a major city in the north as well. Meanwhile, the interior, Trans-Antarctic mountain range and also the 90-150 Ice Shelf is completely uninhabited, with no settlements or infrastructure. In recent years however, the mountain range has grew in population, with the growth of the town of Gourdzoid. The USA government has also made plans for settlement of the vast interior and the 90-150 Ice Shelf, starting with expansion plans for towns on the Ice Shelf and an advertising campaign for penguins to move into the interior.
- Migrating Terns that stop at night in Fruit Island then fly to Ternville
- Leopard Seals, Aliens, and Skuas in Hackzon Valley
- Ditto(an evil hypnotizing concoction made by leopard seals)
- More ditto
|Antarctic Peninsula||Antarctic Peninsula, Happyface State||Eastshield, South Pole City|
|MAI||Sub-Antarctic||West Pengolia, Darktonian Realm|