Treaty of Winsburg
| This page needs a review
This article either has no quality rating, or has a possibly outdated rating! As such, a user requested that it be reviewed, and a proper quality rating is added to the page.
|Treaty of Winsburg|
A Tropicalian soldier fighting on behalf of the Western Union.
|Date||3 June 2018|
|Location||Winsburg, United Provinces|
|Flag of the Western Union|
|Treaties and Events|
|Summits and Conferences|
The Treaty of Winsburg is a treaty officially establishing the Western Union Armed Forces. Under this treaty, all nations of the Western Union are obliged to have at least 10% of their national armed forces serve in the Western Union Military as soldiers, sailors or pilots. The treaty was signed on 3 June 2018 and ratified by each country's legislature shortly after. The signing and ratification of this treaty took place in the midst of the Emperor Crisis. It was signed on 3 June 2018 and it came into effect on 10 June 2018.
SORT IN ALPHABETICAL ORDER.
- Acadia - President Brant Esser
- Amataria - The Man Amigopen
- Candvia - Prime Minister Maria Creslana
- Caseusopolis - President Mr. Cheddar
- Dragonstone - Prime Minister Jacob Olmsted
- Duck Island - President Fat Duck
- Emperorlands - King KingH10
- Finipines - President Amor Atienza
- Margate - President Frederick Mueller
- Terra Federation – President Iron Toto
- Tropicalis - President Penguino Lagois IV
- United Provinces - President Simon McClark
The Western Union has a history of being a military coalition as the Circular Powers before it took steps to become political and economical. This agreement, however, did not exactly provide clear lines that would establish what percentage of the country's army goes into protecting its allied states, how to settle conflicts between member states, or where exactly would they be based. With these conditions, there was no clear indication as to what the armed forces of the WU was composed of, what its purposes are, or how they may be distributed.
In recent history, incidents such as inner conflict and the Marxit Crisis threatened the structural integrity of the alliance. With the union increasing its members, it was high time for the Western Union Armed Forces to be established. Taking advantage of its flexibility as an organization, military veterans were tapped in the creation of the treaty. It took approximately 2 years for carefully writing and debating on the grounds of the treaty before it was signed in 2018 in Winsburg, United Provinces.
The following conditions have been agreed upon by all members of the Western Union:
- At least 10% of the national armed forces have to serve under the Western Union Armed Forces;
- During times of peace, a greater percentage is encouraged to be given to the Navy;
- During times of war, a greater percentage is encouraged to be given to the Army;
- While not required, a percentage may be given to the Air Force;
- Nations with a strong army or navy are encouraged to give an above 7% allocation of soldiers to their respective specialty;
- While not obligatory, member states may also send army medical practitioners to serve within the forces;
- Active duty soldiers are required to wear battle dress uniforms (BDUs) sporting the Western Union flag and colors.
Additionally, in the situation of a trade dispute or inner conflict, the member states of the Western Union must be ready to step up and support each other. The nations have also agreed to back each other's governments in case of a violent, unlawful and/or unjustified insurrection in a member state, and be ready to intervene to assist the government of that member state should that member state's government deem it necessary.
- United Provinces - President McClark issued the following statement: "We reaffirm our commitment to the Western Union policy of mutual defense and we believe it is the cornerstone and most important policy of our union. An attack on one must be recognized as an attack on all and we are ready to fully respond should a member state be attacked". He further praised the Western Union and called it "one of the greatest creations of our time" and condemned all forces that seek to destroy it.
- Finipines - President Atienza expressed her acknowledgment of the Western Union's history of being a military-found union before becoming a diplomatic, economic, and sociopolitical alliance. She's praised the union for "going back to its roots" and for "taking advantage of its flexibility" as a group. Atienza gave her reassurances that her country will be able to take up the mantle of defending the WU and its member states.
- Acadia - President Brant Esser praised the Western Union for the creation of the treaty and establishment of the Western Union Armed Forces, expressing that he was happy the Western Union would get together as a union and protect its fellow members. He mentioned when Acadia was on the brink of war with the United States of Antarctica and thanked the Western Union on affirming their support for Acadia, which he said, "saved Acadia from sure destruction" and that the country is in debt for the Western Union for that.
- Dragonstone - Prime Minister Jacob Olmsted gave a short statement saying he was glad the Western Union has gotten closer together through this treaty and that he was also pleased by the establishment of the Western Union Armed Forces, which would serve in the interests of all Western Union member states and protect the smaller nations of the union, such as Caseusopolis. Paraphrasing the words of the United Provinces President, Olmsted also condemned the enemies of the Western Union.
- Margate - President Mueller states that the Republic of Margate shall come to its allies' aid by defending them if they ever face any threat from foreign forces. The country is more than glad to commit manpower to help defend fellow member states of the union.
- Tropicalis - President Penguino Lagois IV commended the creation of the treaty, the union, and the peace and cooperation that they have worked towards so far. He stating that Tropicalis would defend all allies from any aggression or threats that seek to harm other member states.
- Duck Island - President Fat Duck said that the treaty is a great idea, and that Duck Island will send 20% of the Duckish soldiers to serve in the Western Union Military. He also said that his country would be willing to defend all other Western Union member states.
- Candvia - King Paul declared his love and support for the Western Union project and he agreed that the Kingdom of Candvia shall come to the defense of any nation in the Western Union that is attacked by another nation. Prime Minister Maria Creslana also confirmed her own support for the Western Union too, and she also agreed it is the obligation of all member states to come to the aid of each other.
- Emperorlands - KingH10 affirmed that the Emperorlands is committed to the idea of the mutual defense of the Western Union nations and stated it is one of the most important and core ideas of the Western Union. Additionally, he praised the Western Union Army project and stated it was about time for it to be made.
- Caseusopolis - Mr. Cheddar affirmed Caseusopolis' commitment to the joint defense policy of the Western Union and stated his nation fully agrees to defend other nations in the Western Union.
- Amataria - Amigopen really doesn't mind providing robots to the army, as they can just make more. They dislike war and hope that the WU can see to it that peace is a priority and is gotten through diplomacy and not down the barrel.
- Terra Federation – President Toto believed there to be plenty troops to go around as the majority of Terra Federation is centred and built around military power.
- The treaty has 67 pages.