| Tyler is an average quality article, but could be even better!
Take this article to the next level, and perhaps even further, by editing it, adding pictures, creating more sections, and adding links to make it a High Quality Article, or possibly an Ultra Quality Article!
|“||Your meat-based processing is becoming a liability to us all!||”|
Tyler is the first of the CIPF drones, developed by Professor Prepostera. He originally worked as an assistant for the agents, such as making coffee and cleaning up messes, as he wasn't ready for field work yet because of programming glitches. He was eventually upgraded to meet his full potential and serves as Drone Commander, which he claims he deserves because of seniority.
Several months before Tyler's creation, Professor Prepostera began attempting to develop drones of his own following the SIA's announcement of construction of a drone army in April 2013.
His attempts ended in failure until July 2013, when he finally created the first successful prototype. Upon activation, Prepostera immediately realized that he was very glitchy and had several personality quirks. A test of his weapon systems resulted in the near destruction of Prepostera's lab. Combined with the fact that the armor Prepostera was planning for the drones had not been developed yet, he decided that it would be best if he wasn't used for field duty and instead was kept in the CIPF Headquarters to perform simple tasks. Chill decided to name him Tyler, which he deemed as "an acceptable identification". Unfortunately, Prepostera's research had caused him to blow the entire budget for his project, and Tyler was kept in the HQ for nearly a year before research could be resumed.
Shortly after his activation, the Evilositian Army invaded and took over Chill Island. Tyler decided to disobey Prepostera's orders and escaped from the HQ to stop them. Because of his glitchy weapons system, he was actually very effective against them, although nearly destroyed several businesses in the process. Tyler was defeated after they fled into Chill World and lured him into the toy store, where he was deactivated by water balloons. He was recovered and repaired the next day by Prepostera.
In May 2014, Prepostera was finally able to resume work on the project, and Tyler was upgraded with proper armor and had most of his glitches worked out. Prepostera originally planned to fix his personality quirks, but was stopped by Chill, who found Tyler's snark and sarcasm amusing.
As more drones were created, Tyler decided that he was superior to all of them and promoted himself to Drone Commander. When Prepostera told Chill about this, Chill decided to just go with it and made his position official.
In 2030, Tyler challenged What Tambourine to a dance-off for position of mayor of Chill Island, who had become the mayor one week earlier after the cyborg dancer Raveous challenged Chill to a dance-off. Tyler easily beat the aging Tambourine, but rather than giving the position back to Chill, decided to lead Chill Island himself. As Chill lost his position in the first place because of a cyborg, Tyler decided to pass a law that all robots, including cyborgs, were inferior to him and "weren't allowed to be relevant". He then began creating elaborate, over-the-top, and incredibly expensive plans to capture Carl the Fry Thief, which also had the potential to endanger Chill Island's citizens and businesses. Determining that Tyler was too dangerous to continue being the mayor, Professor Prepostera managed to disable Tyler and wiped his memory of the incident. Afterwards, the position was given back to Chill and everything Tyler did was reversed.
Thanks to programming glitches, Tyler has a snarky personality and is very sarcastic, often accidentally offending agents. He also has a superiority complex, considering himself vastly superior to the other CIPF drones because he was built first, and to other robots "just because he is". He is highly competitive and often attempts to bend the rules or flat-out cheats when playing games if he feels he is falling behind, or feels in danger of falling behind in the near future. He is easily offended when others treat him as an object or tool, and sometimes lashes out when "depenguinizing terms" like "the robot" and "the drone" are used to refer to him. Somewhat hypocritically, he rarely calls others by their actual names, instead assigning them various nicknames based on their characteristics or Tyler's opinion of them; he often uses schoolyard insults to refer to those he doesn't like.
His many quirks often irritate Prepostera, although Chill finds them amusing, and prevented Prepostera from fixing them when he had the chance.
Tyler has all the features of a Standard model CIPF drone. Tyler's range for receiving messages has been greatly expanded from the other drones, and he has shown the ability to receive a message from Chill in his home on Chill Island as far away as Bro Town. All other CIPF drones are at Tyler's disposal as they are programmed to obey his orders without question, unless overridden by Chill or Prepostera.
Tyler regularly participates in Prepostera's occasional sessions of Terns & Taverns. His snarky nature and frequent attempts to bend the rules of the game often result in his player character getting killed in "freak accidents" initiated by Prepostera out of annoyance. He attempts to resurrect his character at this point, usually as a ghost, zombie, cyborg, or some other method, but always receives a similar fate upon trying this. He is not above betraying his teammates, either to accomplish a goal, join the villain, or just for a laugh, and has made a habit out of this to the point where the other players never trust him and are surprised when he doesn't end up betraying them.
Tyler sometimes plays on Prepostera's abandoned Blockcraft account, and usually spends his time in the game nuking entire worlds. He also used to play on PvP-oriented servers, but was banned from all of the popular ones for hacking.
- Chill57181 - Chill and Tyler get along well, and Chill enjoys his personality and sense of humor. Tyler often calls Chill "the fun one", in contrast with Prepostera, or "Party Hat".
- The Ed - Tyler considers The Ed a cool guy, despite what Tyler considers "poor taste in robots". Tyler usually refers to Ed as "Meme Machine", apparently considering the zamboni and its driver one and the same.
- Bro - Bro often calls Tyler names such as "tin can" and "rusty heap of scrap iron". Regardless, he thinks Tyler is cool just because of his AI. As a result, Tyler enjoys irritating Bro as much as he can on their rare encounters.
- Professor Prepostera - Tyler's quirks often irritate Prepostera, and he gets a kick out of trolling him. Tyler considers Prepostera boring, and often calls him a nerd.
- Evil Pengy - Being programmed to defend Chill Island, Tyler naturally hates the guy who invaded and briefly took it over.
- Roger - Tyler encountering another robot that also has a superiority complex ends just about as well as expected, usually leaving Chill or The Ed to break it up. They often insult each other and argue, although Tyler is usually the instigator. Despite this, they can set aside their differences to work together if absolutely necessary. Tyler has many demeaning nicknames for Roger, including "Stupidhead" and "Dumbface".
- Tyler is the only blue CIPF drone, which he specifically requested. This was originally ignored by Prepostera, but he obliged after Tyler retaliated by blowing up the first blue drone Prepostera made afterwards out of spite.