| UnitedTerra Parliament is an average quality article, but could be even better!
Take this article to the next level, and perhaps even further, by editing it, adding pictures, creating more sections, and adding links to make it a High Quality Article, or possibly an Ultra Quality Article!
|Parliament of the UnitedTerra Territories|
|2nd UTR Parliament|
Since September 1, 2016
Since August 1, 2001
Senator of the
Since August 1, 2001
(excl. 39 peers on leave of absence or otherwise disqualified from sitting)
|September 6, 2016|
|Tops Tower, New Club Penguin, UnitedTerra|
The UnitedTerra Parliament of Democratic Houses, or just the UnitedTerra Parliament is the federal government and supreme legislative body of UnitedTerra and associated neighbouring territories. It alone possesses legislative supremacy and thereby ultimate power over all other political bodies in the UTR and its territories. All decisions and policies that matter to the country are passed through and decided by the Parliament collectively during assemblies. Its head is President Lofty, current leader of the country, and are seated in Tops Tower of the capital city New Club Penguin.
The government of UnitedTerra is a constitutional democracy, therefore the government's power and laws are decided through a constitution, typically through the parliament itself. The parliament is bicameral, holding two very important legislative houses and assemblies. The upper tower are a fixed body that only change when a key figure of a state changes. These members therefore consist of those in highest command of all the states and republics of UnitedTerra. Those of the lower tower consist of elected parties whom hold seats in the government. Through this tower is the president of the country elected. Members hold various positions in the government itself and the legislative body, some of which hold positions in both. These are again usually the respective figures of the states and republics, such as Mayor Crepsley of Carcery and Baby N. of Scoodlepeep.
While the Upper Tower is not democratically elected, the Lower Tower is and elections are oddly held every fifteen years, triple the length of your usual election (some say this is the unintentional fault of President Ninjinian who may have wrote a one ahead of the five). Due to this there has only been one president since its formation as a country and government since 2001. However now that 2016 has arrived the day has come for a new president to be elected, resulting into the most highly-publicised elections in Antarctican history, coinciding with the USA Presidential Elections 2016.
The federal government are those within the Upper Tower. These are the penguins responsible for leading the country and does not drastically change. They are also known as the Penguins of Parliament. The legislative body consists of the Lower Tower and selected individuals from the Upper Tower that are chosen by the president. Instead of consisting of penguins representing their respective states, the body consists of seats and political parties that are elected by the general public and aid the president in deciding on policies. The elected party do not actually lead the country to a certain extent, as that is what the Upper Tower are supposed to do. Instead, the party in power have the control to create bills and policies based on their own philosophies. They then have to go through the Upper Tower in order to be passed. The Upper Tower cannot modify the bills and eventually have to select one.
Penguins of Parliament
Parliament of the UnitedTerra Territories
The parliament are supposed to come into a group some days a week (which are planned) and talk about the cities & states. What is perfect, what needs to be improved & everything else to keep UnitedTerra clean & safe so penguins can live hygienically & perfectly in the continent.
These are the major positions within the Upper Tower of parliament.
Obviously the most important. Has very little power in terms of parliament but is highly influential. Ninjinian holds the position.
One of the Heads of the Government. Voted by the parliament. Judge Konquer holds this office. Also called Premier or President of Government.
- Vice Principle
The Principles vice. Fills in when the Principle can't and attends minor meetings. Appointed by the Principle. Mayor Crepsley holds the position.
Same as the Principle but elected by the people (Principles are voted by the parliament and the Vice Principle is appointed by the Principle). Surprisingly Administrator Kai was elected. The Senator always announces the final decision. Other major roles the Senator has is defending the people's rights and try and defend wrong acts (Kai managed to stop the Bill of Blah from banning the word blah).
Penguins of Parliament
- New Club Penguin -- Ninjinian. The Cookie Master lives here, so he represents the city. He always brings cookies.
- Scoodlepeep -- Baby N.. This little chick represents Scoodlepeep. You may think he grows older when outside the state, but he does not for some reason.
- Slumalia -- Private First Class Str00del. When Slumalia was granted statehood, PFCS received this seat after he was kicked out of office by Ben. The hobos love him, as do the TaliBEANs. He is firm but fair and highly spastic.
- Carcery -- Mayor Crepsley. The psychotic penguin gets his axe and chops open the door when entering. That's what Carcerians do. He never replaces them.
- Terrastan -- Gaseef Eal Gincari. The Dorkugese immigrant with the gigantic eyebrows and poor hygene stands in session for Terrastan, having entered the Parliament by one vote.
- BattleTerra -- Neogniscidae. A Demon Penguin who uses dark magic and technology to create Battle Penguins. He was elected to reprresent them soon after BattleTerra was annexed.
- Neo Domino City -- Tyson Negyellor -- We don't really know why he is here. Usually provides everyone with television.
- Satellite City -- <Repersentive here>
- Wellhedge, Flipscone -- Snowy Mayfield. She was elected to the position after a by-election in 2015 when the legislator at the time resigned due to ill health.
- TerraMount -- Judge Konquer -- Judge Konquer is the representative of this Free State. He hates Kalin but he's a fan of Baby N. and Ninjinian. Often, he's very quiet, though when he has a say, everyone apart from Kalin listens.
- Terra Federation -- Iron Toto
- Magonia -- Slender -- As the Chancellor and Head of Government of Magonia, Slender represents the Magonian Empire, it's natives and it's Zescorean and Nexonan diaspora, mainly because Emperor Kalieth considers himself too important to 'attend such trivial events'. As a model representative, Slender never missed a meeting once, always flying to New Club Penguin from his home at Magonia.
- Kalin -- It is unknown how this puffle received a seat. He used to represent The Slums until he was voted out by the hobos. He didn't leave the parliament (darn!). Say no more.
- Administrator Kai -- This ungrateful puffle is Senator, and always leaves his yellow hair pieces all over the table & his skateboard marks. He's got no respect. Next time he'll be tied up and thrown into the cupboard.
Ninjinian standing at his governmental desk.
Baby N. on his governmental desk. We know he can't see!
Well atleast we can see LiveWire on his desk!
Judge Konquer on his governmental desk. Probably saying how good he is.