| What Tambourine is an average quality article, but could be even better!
Take this article to the next level, and perhaps even further, by editing it, adding pictures, creating more sections, and adding links to make it a High Quality Article, or possibly an Ultra Quality Article!
to listen to What Tambourine's theme!
What Tambourine is a very eccentric penguin, the president of the Techno State, and the world's biggest techno fan. He is notorious for playing techno music way too loud. His best friends are DJ Duke and Raveous.
At some point, What Tambourine was attracted to one of DJ Duke's legendary parties and became best friends with him. He also became best friends with the cyborg dancer Raveous, who was also frequented DJ Duke's parties.
Tambourine, along with DJ Duke and Raveous, moved to Chill Island in early 2017. After a few months of him playing excessively loud techno music, his neighbors got fed up and called the CIPF, who fined him 100 WB$. Tambourine was furious and declared independence of his own house. The next day he convinced his friends DJ Duke and Raveous to join and added their houses to the Techno State. However, they were completely ignored by Mayor Chill and created the Chill Island Separatist Movement to get the Techno State the recognition they believed it deserved.
In early 2018, Tambourine bought the Prepostera Enterprises building, which had been vacant since 2013 after Professor Prepostera was recruited into the CIPF, and turned it into the Techno Club, a night club where the Techno State often throws dance parties. The land the Techno Club is on was added to the Techno State.
In 2030 after the fall of Shops Island, Tambourine challenged Mayor Chill to a dance battle for control of Chill Island, according to the Dance-Off Code. Tambourine sent out his Raveous, his best dancer, who completely obliterated Chill in the dance-off, therefore making Tambourine the new mayor of Chill Island, which he renamed the Techno State.
Tambourine's rule was short-lived, however. Merely two weeks into Tambourine's rule, Tyler challenged Tambourine himself to another dance battle. Tambourine reluctantly accepted and, due to Tambourine's old age and Tyler being a robot, was quickly defeated, and Chill became the mayor again. Tambourine originally planned to challenge Chill to another dance-off, but realized that this would lock them into an eternal cycle of dance-offs and power switching, and decided against it.
Before he could come up with a new plan, Chill decided to make peace with the Techno State by selling the nearby Little Island to them for a small fee, where they would be allowed to play their techno music as loud as they want without interference. Tambourine was more than happy with this, and got to work building a new Techno Club on Little Island.
As Tambourine grew older, he desired a method to stay alive forever and had an inventor construct a special suit that would link his body functions to the techno music constantly blaring through his headphones. Apparently this worked, and he stayed alive for several millennia with the power of techno music until 5000, when he was killed with the rest of the population of Antarctica by a devastating nuke that destroyed his techno suit, giving Tambourine techno withdrawal and killing him almost instantly.
- President - Tambourine is the self-declared president of the Techno State.
- Chill57181 - Despite Tambourine's attempts, Chill has not recognized the sovereignty of the Techno State.
- John C. Beckson - Beckson lives in close proximity to Tambourine and the Techno State, and has published an article in nearly every issue of the Daily Egg since Tambourine moved to the island berating him for being a menace to society. In response, Tambourine, Duke, and Raveous staged a protest outside the Daily Egg HQ and blasted their techno music all day, which only caused Beckson to double down on his articles.
- He never turns the volume on his music down, except when he is talking so everyone can hear him better. After he's done speaking, he immediately turns it back up again.
- He learned how to fall asleep even with the techno music playing in his ears all night because he refused to turn it off. He spent almost a month mastering this.